How would yall handle this?

Old July 25th 05, 02:59 PM
KittyLady

Default How would yall handle this?

If I may I would like to ask for the opinion of the group.

Harvey was a bad little boy and sneaked out of the house Saturday, and
went in to my 71 year old downstairs neighbors apartment. I know for a
fact that my downstairs neighbor is terrified of a
href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=179'
target='_blank'cats/a. I don't know why she just is.

So Saturday afternoon I heard her screaming and yelling so I went to
check on her and she was trying to shoo Harvey out of her apartment
with her broom. She says she would never hit him with it but was just
trying to shoo him out. Well now everytime I would get the broom out of
the closet to sweep this weekend Harvey would have a hisspit and hide.

Any suggestions on how to show him that there is no reason to be scared
of the broom?
Thanks in advance all,
Skritches,
KittyLady, Harvey who claims he just wanted to go sight seeing, and Bob
Marley.

Old July 25th 05, 03:13 PM
KittyLady

Hey Guys I have no idea why that link is in my post, I did not put it
there. Please disregard it.
KittyLady

Old July 25th 05, 03:15 PM
KittyLady

Old July 25th 05, 03:32 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

KittyLady wrote:
[...]

Leave the boom out, in an area that is prominent and often visited my him
(not in a corner - maybe against a kitchen counter?) - maybe even lay it on
the floor (if you have room) - so he can see that it is not going to hurt
him. Once he gets used to it's presence (again) it shouldn't bother him as
much when you use it. He may still shy away from it when in use, but he
shouldn't have hipsspitts after that. Maybe even let Bob Marley play with
it (but not to the point of destruction) - then he would see that it's no
danger.
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 25th 05, 04:43 PM
CatNipped

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
KittyLady wrote:
[...]

Just to add to this you might put some treats around the broom or catnip on
it.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old July 25th 05, 06:56 PM

On 25 Jul 2005 06:59:18 -0700, "KittyLady"
wrote:

[...]

Poor Harvey.

Well, Internet was terrified of brooms when I first adopted him. It
took me a good long while to get him to not bolt out of the room if a
broom was brought out. What I did was to move *very* slowly, talk
*very* gently, and lay the broom on the ground. I would then let
Internet sniff it while I petted him, and then *very* slowly lift it
up and sweep just a litttle bit. And repeat this many times, of
course. He is still suspicious, but he can stay where he is and not
run now when sweeping is going on.

Best of luck to you!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old July 28th 05, 01:52 PM
John F. Eldredge

On 25 Jul 2005 07:13:49 -0700, "KittyLady"
wrote:

Hey Guys I have no idea why that link is in my post, I did not put it
there. Please disregard it.
KittyLady

When I read your message, it didn't include any links. Are you
reading your message using a web site, such as Google? If so, the web
site provided the link. not your message.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old July 28th 05, 04:13 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-28, John F Eldredge penned:
wrote:

Hey Guys I have no idea why that link is in my post, I did not put
it there. Please disregard it. KittyLady

When I read your message, it didn't include any links. Are you
reading your message using a web site, such as Google? If so, the
web site provided the link. not your message.

I saw a link, and I use slrn as a newsreader.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully