My cat

Old November 14th 09, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lucky

Default My cat

On Nov 13, 12:40*am, Petzl wrote:
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:35:55 -0800 (PST), Lucky

wrote:
I would do anything to have known
he was so sick and I too would've paid for his treatment even if it
was going to be $2,200. *Has anyone had feelings of guilt, like you
let your pet down and let them die.... *I feel terrible and I miss him
so much.

Fact is the if the Vet you took your cat to felt he/she could have
give the cat a few more healthy years he/she would have.
We himans in pain have to sit it out
Petzl
--
Question - When you apply for Welfare in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Somalia, Sri-Lanka, or India, what does that Government give you?
Answer - A map of Australia

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT
Pensioner $16,068.00
Refugee $56,680.00

Thank you all so much. It's very thearaputic for me to hear. And,
you are so right that if I didn't feel bad about letting him go, I
would have felt bad for putting him thru treatments - and watching him
undoubtedly suffer more. Maybe, I should think of it that way when I
start feeling guilty about not taking him to the vet over the last
year. Maybe they would have suggested that I put him to sleep sooner
than I did, and I wouldn't have had the whole year last year w/ him,
and maybe was just his time to go. He did look at me a few days
before and I think he was trying to tell me how sick he was.
Definitely, I think the experience I had w/ him was so close at the
end - it makes me think how trivial other problems w/ human beings can
be. I learned so much from my little cat! I miss his strength and my
other little animals who are more "baby acting" then he ever was, have
been crying more when I come home and my dog was howling the other
day. It's sad, but I think Wolfie was really the strong one around
here.....
Old November 14th 09, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Lucky" wrote
Definitely, I think the experience I had w/ him was so close at the
end - it makes me think how trivial other problems w/ human beings can
be. I learned so much from my little cat! I miss his strength and my
other little animals who are more "baby acting" then he ever was, have
been crying more when I come home and my dog was howling the other
day. It's sad, but I think Wolfie was really the strong one around
here.....

Wolfie was clearly lucky to be your cat.

Old November 14th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"dgk" wrote in message
time.

He lived six more months, but I think he suffered the whole time. I
should have just let him go. I've vowed that the next time this
happens I will not force my cat to suffer because I can't bear to let
him go. So, I shall undoubtably feel horrible that I didn't do enough.

Well said. I would never put another cat through what Lucky went through. We
knew there was more wrong with her than an every-day inner ear infection.
She suffered because we didn't want to let her go. How selfish of
us........ :*(

Old November 14th 09, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Lucky" wrote in message

Thank you... I am organizing some photos and will see if I can post
some here. He was so sweet. He was a tabby cat. There were cuter
kittens at the pound when I found him and everyone tried to get me to
choose another one, but when I held him he never tried to jump out of
my arms like the other cats. At the vet, the nurse commented what a
little lover he was. He was also so special and smart. I was lucky
to have found him and thank you for your kind note. I think the bond
w/ a cat like that is as strong as any relationship. We did build a
lasting love connection and I'm grateful and feel better knowing that
I took care of him the best I could the last 13 yrs. Will probably
always miss him...

I'm so sorry for your loss. :*(

Old November 14th 09, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Kelly Greene

"Petzl" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 23:05:42 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:
Now, I am so worried about something I had not thought of before he
got sick. I had been spraying Raid all summer in my kitchen.

All me to suggest you find another solution to your insect problem. Raid
isn't something you want to spray on kitchen counters. Perhaps call an
exterminator. I'm not a vet so have no idea what your cat's problem
was.
But a cat eating soap sounds like it needed more food. Not dry cereal
food
but good canned food.

Doubt if insect killer like Raid is a problem (Advantage or other flea
controls are poisonous/deadly but needed and care must be taken using
them)
For house the automated Raid type (or your favorite brand) are VERY
good stops flea infestations which are real pet killers (one flea can
become thousands)
http://www.raidautomatic.com.au/micromist.html

Petzl

I wouldn't use these chemicals in my house with pets or small children
around. There are harmless hormones to treat a flea infestation. It keeps
the larvae from developing into adult fleas. In no time at all you have a
flea free home. Boric acid will get rid of roaches. I'm sure you can find
it locally or online.

Yep Boric Acid works a very thin film of powder in spots/target areas
if kept dry will work for years. It is slow acting (5 to 10 days)but
effective

Petzl

And it's relatively safe. I used it for years when I lived in the city where
roaches from adjoining apartments or homes were a constant threat.

Old November 17th 09, 12:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:31:56 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
time.

He lived six more months, but I think he suffered the whole time. I
should have just let him go. I've vowed that the next time this
happens I will not force my cat to suffer because I can't bear to let
him go. So, I shall undoubtably feel horrible that I didn't do enough.

Well said. I would never put another cat through what Lucky went through. We
knew there was more wrong with her than an every-day inner ear infection.
She suffered because we didn't want to let her go. How selfish of
us........ :*(

Selfish? Spending tons of money trying to figure out what is wrong
with a new cat? Nope. It just underscores that you can't win either
way so there's no point in feeling bad.
Old November 17th 09, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 11:31:56 -0600, "Kelly Greene"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
. ..
time.

He lived six more months, but I think he suffered the whole time. I
should have just let him go. I've vowed that the next time this
happens I will not force my cat to suffer because I can't bear to let
him go. So, I shall undoubtably feel horrible that I didn't do enough.

Well said. I would never put another cat through what Lucky went through.
We
knew there was more wrong with her than an every-day inner ear infection.
She suffered because we didn't want to let her go. How selfish of
us........ :*(

Selfish? Spending tons of money trying to figure out what is wrong
with a new cat? Nope. It just underscores that you can't win either
way so there's no point in feeling bad.

It was kind to try to save her.

Old November 18th 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lucky

On Nov 13, 11:44*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"Lucky" wrote

Definitely, I think the experience I had w/ him was so close at the
end - it makes me think how trivial other problems w/ human beings can
be. *I learned so much from my little cat! *I miss his strength and my
other little animals who are more "baby acting" then he ever was, have
been crying more when I come home and my dog was howling the other
day. *It's sad, but I think Wolfie was really the strong one around
here.....

Wolfie was clearly lucky to be your cat.

Thank you... I appreciate that sentiment and it helps so much to
hear.
Old November 22nd 09, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
FirstHit

On Nov 17, 11:06*pm, Lucky wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:44*pm, "cybercat" wrote:

"Lucky" wrote

Definitely, I think the experience I had w/ him was so close at the
end - it makes me think how trivial other problems w/ human beings can
be. *I learned so much from my little cat! *I miss his strength and my
other little animals who are more "baby acting" then he ever was, have
been crying more when I come home and my dog was howling the other
day. *It's sad, but I think Wolfie was really the strong one around
here.....

Wolfie was clearly lucky to be your cat.

Thank you... *I appreciate that sentiment and it helps so much to
hear.

You might want to check out
http://www.mycemetery.com/pet/index.html
It's a site where people have written epitaphs for their beloved
pets. I found reading them to be comforting. Someday I might add an
epitaph there myself for the angel I lost not too long ago. You might
want to also.

Some of the epitaphs speak of regrets or feelings of guilt over their
departed pets. The epitaph for "Velvet" at plot 11 was moving for me:
http://www.mycemetery.com/pet/plot_11.html

FirstHit