Cat's Meow

Old August 31st 05, 03:58 AM
Hailey

Default Cat's Meow

I have a strange situation that's developed. Tucker is not in the least
friendly to the kitties in the area. We live really rurally, and we've
caught two feral kitties and gotten homes from them (cus Tucker would
have *nothing* to do with them! lol)

There is one more little feral, pretty sure it's a female. She's very
small. Have no clue if she's fixed or not. Just a little about the
kitty, now on to the interesting part... lol

Tucker will hiss and spit at any other cat when they'd come around the
RV. Even daughter's kitty, when they visit, who used to be Tucker's best
friend before we sold our house last year and went on the road.

With this little grey feral, he races from window to window when she
comes snooping around his territory. He does this freaky meow at her.
It's like a gurgling kind of meow and it is LOUD! It doesn't sound at
all threatening but we're curious as to what he's saying! LOL
Does anyone out there speak kitty?
He never uses this meow for anything else! Is he trying to woo her?
Scare her off? Just talk to her???

Oh yeah, I should add that we've been unsuccessful in capturing this
little feral thus far. The other two were fairly easy, but this one
evades everything! I do offer her food and water every day and take it
in at night (so as not to attract other beasts, which are plentiful!)

Hailey
Old August 31st 05, 05:27 AM
Karen

in article , Hailey at
wrote on 8/30/05 9:58 PM:

[...]

Cats are like us. They have likes and dislikes. I had a cat that didn't like
other cats much and a new roommate was bringing her cat with her. I thought
it would be a huge long intro and trauma. THREE days later, they were best
buds. Amigo LOVED Max. THey played and slept together. I always felt bad
when they eventually moved out because he never liked another cat again.

Old August 31st 05, 05:42 AM
Kiran

Hailey wrote:

Funny, good luck with figuring him out!

I have one question

: I do offer her food and water every day and take it in at night (so
: as not to attract other beasts, which are plentiful!)

Do you have to take the water in as well? My cat likes to sleep in the
porch during warm months, so I am in a similar sit. Naively, I was
thinking, watre should be ok, if wild animals are attracted by food
smells, they wouldn' know water was there, but the cat would. Can
water alone attract wildlife?
Old August 31st 05, 06:11 AM
Hailey

Kiran wrote:
Hailey wrote:

Funny, good luck with figuring him out!

I have one question

: I do offer her food and water every day and take it in at night (so
: as not to attract other beasts, which are plentiful!)

Do you have to take the water in as well? My cat likes to sleep in the
porch during warm months, so I am in a similar sit. Naively, I was
thinking, watre should be ok, if wild animals are attracted by food
smells, they wouldn' know water was there, but the cat would. Can
water alone attract wildlife?

Around here it can. We have all kinds of wild creatures. In the last
week we had deer, raccoon, bunnies and coyote. Since I don't want to
attract these lovelies, I take the water dish in at night as well.

I do it because I had left it out at first and then the coons started
getting into EVERYthing and they love the water dish because coons are
very clean, really and they wash up so they used her water dish for a
bathtub LOL

Hailey