Conjunctivitis

Old October 1st 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Meghan Noecker

Default Conjunctivitis

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 04:06:46 +0200 (CEST), alone
wrote:

them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat. They
don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their anti-people
venom.

Are you serious?

Is that why you came here, to beg for money?

Ever read the pet posts on craigslist? In my area, there are at least
10 or 20 posts a DAY for vet advice because somebody can't afford
their vet (or just doesn't want to pay). If I donated $1 to each
person, I would be dead broke. It would cost thosands of dollars to
pay everybody else's vet bills.

And you know what? I have a responsibilty to MY pets. I have a dog and
two cats. And I pay their bills. I pay about $100 a month for food,
another $40 a month for cat litter (I used a specialty litter), and I
take my pets to the vet when they need it.

Last year, I took my cat to the vet many times, starting with 3 rounds
of feline herpes. Then it was anemia. She went from bad to worse, then
got better, then worse, then died. I spent about $1000 in vet bills
over 9 months, and she died anyway. And I don't regret a dime of that
money.

I also cancelled events for my business so that I could stay home and
spend time with her. I took extra days off work. And I spent my
vacation watching tv with her curled up next to me when I had planned
to go on a road trip for my business. I don't regret that either
because I know she did better each time I stayed home, and I can look
back and know I was there for her.

What's the point of saving the world, if I fail my own family? We ALL
have to take care of our own first before we can go rescue the rest of
the world. And frankly, I would much rather help the cats in shelters.
While I feel sorry for the animals receiving little or no care from
ignorant/uncaring owners, rewarding those owners will not help the
cats in the long run, while helping the shelters will.

I also donated all my left over medications (except the liquid
antibitics where were contaminated from usage). I gave them the fluid
pack, needles, vitamins, enisyl paste, hairball paste, clavamax pills,
and the appetite stimulant pills.

Take responsibility for your own, and quit complaining that we won't
do for you what you refuse to do. Why are we supposed to care about
your cat more than you do?

Old October 1st 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Paul M. Cook

"Matthew" wrote in message

"alone" wrote in message ...
snipped for being bull****

Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it takes to
pay for it. I have done it. Get off your a@@.

The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a serious
kick in the a@@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.

Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this joke.

The
guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a known
trouble maker here in alt.cats.

If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon someone
intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and home

treatment
for this case could cause problems with the furball.

In a nutshell, he's just a cheap *******. And he justifies that by
slandering and maligning people who by virtue of their own hard work and
devotion expose him for what he is. Would not surprise me to know his Merck
manual was stolen from the public library.

Paul

Old October 1st 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
Sheelagh >o

On 1 Oct, 11:20, "Matthew" wrote:
"alone" wrote in ...

snipped for being bull****

Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it takes to
pay for it. I have done it. Get off your a@@.

The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a serious
kick in the a@@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.

Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this joke. The
guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a known
trouble maker here in alt.cats.

If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon someone
intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and home treatment
for this case could cause problems with the furball.

Thank you Matthew.
I will remain aware of this from now on.

Old October 1st 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats

On 1 Oct, 15:37, "Sheelagh o" wrote:
On 1 Oct, 11:20, "Matthew" wrote:

"alone" wrote in ...

snipped for being bull****

Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it takes to
pay for it. I have done it. Get off your a@@.

The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a serious
kick in the a@@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.

Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this joke. The
guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a known
trouble maker here in alt.cats.

If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon someone
intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and home treatment
for this case could cause problems with the furball.

Thank you Matthew.
I will remain aware of this from now on.- Hide quoted text -

You weren't to know this fellow was a freeloader.

You were treating him with respect. Nonetheless, the other's are
right. He should have gone straight to the vet instead of faffing
about here looking for a free solution, or a few bucks. We all make
that mistake now & again, because people can be deceptive at times
K.

Old October 2nd 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
alone

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in

"alone" wrote in message
Thanks for your good reply. We have many mail order vet med outfits
here and I use the Merck Manual for Animals, but never hurts to ask
others, even the other idiots who love animals mostly cuz they hate
people, haha (especially the illiterate ones who can't read).

Yeah, think the ointment I have will do the trick, or I will order
from one of the supply houses here. So many of the vets here and
their overstaffed "assistants" don't care a whit about animals, they
just want your money. Had enough of them. Where I grew up they were
much better and actually cared about animals. Here they want to check
your wallet before they check the animal. Very GREEDY individuals and
mostly unprofessional and/or incompetent. Last one I went to, I knew
more than she did about the treatment.

The animal orgs here are filled to the brim with stray cats; most of
them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the
"take em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor
cat. They don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their
anti-people venom.

This is classic projection.

More blather and foaming at the mouth deleted.

Vets in my home state when I was growing up were good; they cared about
animals.

Ones here in AZ are money hungry and unprofessional. Demanding payment
immediately or in advance, refusing to treat sick or hurting animals
until full payment is made. They are a sorry lot and one reason they are
is that AZ Gov. does nothing to police unethical and substandard
professionals. This is where the people who couldn't hack it back east
come to to practice.

Paul, try to get some help for that AIDs dementia ok?
Old October 2nd 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
alone

Meghan Noecker wrote in
:

wrote:

them don't even answer their phones or email. Notice none of the "take
em to the vet" folks offered financial assistance for the poor cat.
They don't care about the cat, they just love to spew their
anti-people venom.

Are you serious?

Is that why you came here, to beg for money?

Nope, was hoping that all you people haters actually were literate.
What part of "no vets" don't u understand?

Don't need moral lectures from you all. I know what I've given to this
animal that I rescued as a stray, so don't beat you chest about all
you've done for your "family", haha.

Old October 2nd 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
alone

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in
:

"alone" wrote in message
Cat has reddened upper corner of eyelid and upper white part of eye.
Squinting partially, minimal discharge, no obvious other damage to
eye that I can see visually.

Probably diagnosis from what I have read is conjunctivitis.

Options for home treatment a

Neomycin & Polymixin B sulfate zinc & Hydrocortisone Opthalmic
ointment-tube given by friend who had used it on her cats before 2-4
times daily I think is the dosage.

l-lysine orally for treatment of herpes, which often causes
conjunctivitis

also bathe eyes in saline solution to clean

Any on topic helpful replies welcomed, thanks.

(vet is not an option, those suggesting one will be ignored)

He's doing quite nicely actually. I have been using just artificial
tears which are helping and if it gets worse I will go to the triple
antibiotic opthalmic ointment. Thanks ;-) Maybe the vet schools and
licensing boards should concentrate on turing out fewer and better vets,
ones that still have compassion for animals?

Please...NO home treatments. I know you said you would ignore
suggestions for a vet, but I have a little blind kitty (Duffy). He
was born blind, and I adopted him as an adult, but I can't tell you
how much I would give if I had any way to give him the gift of sight.
In your case, you have the ability to *preserve* the gift of sight.
What you have described might very well be treated by a simple (and
inexpensive) visit to the vet, but eye problems that are incorrectly
diagnosed or treated can quickly lead to blindness (or to *much more
expensive* treatments).

MaryL

Old October 2nd 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
alone

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in

"Matthew" wrote in message

"alone" wrote in message
... snipped for being bull****

Get another job. A person who loves his pet will do anything it
takes to pay for it. I have done it. Get off your a@@.

The rest of your post is a typical response of someone who needs a
serious kick in the a@@ and needs to welcomed back to the real world.

Also to the rest of everyone don't put to much effort in to this
joke.

The
guy is using a re-mailer and posting from a server that used by a
known trouble maker here in alt.cats.

If this is true post the information provide needs to fall upon
someone intelligent enough to know that a vet visit is necessary and
home

treatment
for this case could cause problems with the furball.

In a nutshell, he's just a cheap *******. more babbling deleted

The last "professional" I saw tried to con me into letting him declaw my
cat for a leg infection to the tune of $400. I told him to stuff it and
just give him a shot. Shot + liquid meds and 1 week later he was fine.
Where DO these guys get their training? High prices, no compassion or
help for any except those paying full on the spot, incompetent advice.
No wonder I want no more to do with the vets in my area. Probably Paul
is a vet or working for one, that is why his panties are in such a bind,
eh Paul?

But keep you pathetic diatribes coming Paul, I am enjoying kicking your
ass.

Paul

Old October 2nd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
alone

K wrote in
oups.com:

On 1 Oct, 11:20, "Matthew" wrote:

[...]

Haha, that's right and I offered some tips on how to avoid these sharks
who are posing as lovers of animals. Gee another $150 out the window as
I treat my cat using the same meds they would reap 200% profit on, not
including their absurdly high office visit fees.

Cat is doing fine, no thanks to most of the members of this group. You
see us "freeloaders" are smarter than the average sheeple that frequent
this group, many of who work at vet clinics or are vets themselves.

Old October 2nd 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats
cybercat

"alone" wrote in message ...
"Paul M. Cook" wrote in

Paul, try to get some help for that AIDs dementia ok?

Ever wonder why you are ....

alone?

lol

ASSHOLE