Purrs Please...

Old September 8th 10, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joani H

Default Purrs Please...

I'd like to request purrs for a dear friend who passed away
unexpectedly. She was a wonderful, caring soul whose family dumped
her in a nursing home because they couldn't be bothered to care for
her. I just received the news - the obituary gave no info, can't get
a hold of any of her family and the nursing home won't give out any
info. I am saddened that there was no service at all...I doubt that
was *her* wish.

Thanks

Joani
Old September 8th 10, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joani H wrote:

I'd like to request purrs for a dear friend who passed away
unexpectedly. She was a wonderful, caring soul whose family dumped
her in a nursing home because they couldn't be bothered to care for
her. I just received the news - the obituary gave no info, can't get
a hold of any of her family and the nursing home won't give out any
info. I am saddened that there was no service at all...I doubt that
was *her* wish.

Purrs for your loss of a good friend. That is very sad, that there
wasn't even a memorial for her. Maybe you could get together some
of your friends and have a small, private memorial? Even if they didn't
know her, it might be helpful for you. And even if there's no clergy
present, just having a ritual for her passing can be very healing.

Joyce

--
There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one
to come off as a sane person.
Old September 8th 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

"Joani H"
I'd like to request purrs for a dear friend who passed away
unexpectedly. She was a wonderful, caring soul whose family dumped
her in a nursing home because they couldn't be bothered to care for
her. I just received the news - the obituary gave no info, can't get
a hold of any of her family and the nursing home won't give out any
info. I am saddened that there was no service at all...I doubt that
was *her* wish.

Thanks

Joani

I'm so sorry to hear of these sad circumstances. Some families can be so
mean and selfish.
What they did to your friend is just wrong IMO.
Your friend was very blessed to have you in her life. You are such a sweet
person. .
Purrs for your friend and for you and your saddened heart to heal. .
Love and purrs sent from our home to you.
Kyla

Old September 8th 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:12:35 -0700 (PDT), Joani H
wrote:

I'd like to request purrs for a dear friend who passed away
unexpectedly. She was a wonderful, caring soul whose family dumped
her in a nursing home because they couldn't be bothered to care for
her. I just received the news - the obituary gave no info, can't get
a hold of any of her family and the nursing home won't give out any
info. I am saddened that there was no service at all...I doubt that
was *her* wish.

Thanks

Joani

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sadly, this is all to common these days

Sending purrs for yourself, and everyone else who cared about her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

---
Virus Database (VPS): 100908-1, 09/08/2010
Tested on: 9/8/2010 5:41:37 PM

Old September 9th 10, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Oh Joani, that's so sad. Purrs on the way for your friend and you (it
doesn't sound like her family deserve them).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old September 9th 10, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Purrs and prayers for your friends trip to the next level. Those who did
this will one day be old themselves, may their memories last at least long
enough to know what they did to this lady.

Old September 9th 10, 11:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Joani H wrote:
I'd like to request purrs for a dear friend who passed away
unexpectedly. She was a wonderful, caring soul whose family dumped
her in a nursing home because they couldn't be bothered to care for
her. I just received the news - the obituary gave no info, can't get
a hold of any of her family and the nursing home won't give out any
info. I am saddened that there was no service at all...I doubt that
was *her* wish.

Thanks

Joani

Purrs on the way.

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 9th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joani H

On Sep 8, 2:57*pm, Bobble wrote:
Joani H wrote in news:a357ea33-5250-4cb9-affc-
:

I'd like to request purrs for a dear friend who passed away
unexpectedly. *She was a wonderful, caring soul whose family dumped
her in a nursing home because they couldn't be bothered to care for
her. I just received the news *- the obituary gave no info, can't get
a hold of any of her family and the nursing home won't give out any
info. *I am saddened that there was no service at all...I doubt that
was *her* wish.

Thanks

Joani

Purrs on the way. *But remember that services are for the living, therefore
she no longer cares about things like that.

Bobble

Thank you Bobble. You are right. Services *are* for the living -
those of us whose lives she touched very much need to celebrate her
life - as a group. I, we, feel sad that even her passing seemed
unworthy of effort by her family to let us know. We shall celebrate
her life anyway. Altho her body is no longer breathing, I find comfort
in believing her spirit will always be with me.

Joani