Automobile Cat!

Old January 1st 12, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

Default Automobile Cat!

On 12/31/2011 03:55 PM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
MLB wrote:

On 12/30/2011 06:28 PM, wrote:
Joy wrote:

wrote in message

MLB wrote:

IIRC it was Dan Mahoney. I enjoed his stories of Harri (et)
too.

Yes, it was Dan. He just posted in here yesterday and he
mentioned Harri,
but not by name. He just said one of his cats went with him on
long trips
when he drove a semi.

Thanks to both of you. Getting old does have its good points, but
an
unlimited memory isn't one of them.

No kidding! And I think I'm quite a bit younger than you are, so I
probably have more memory loss to look forward to.

Work at it kids. I'm far past either one of you and I can still
remember most of what I have experienced. I used to be exceptionally
good at voices. Now I don't have the opportunity to keep up on that.
MLB

Oh, that too! Each of my parents are/were pretty deaf in their late
70s. So chances are high that I have that to look forward to, also.
That'll be sad, because music is probably the thing I've gotten the
most pleasure from in my whole life.

I'm good at recognizing voices, too. Which is fortunate since I'm
terrible at recognizing faces.

--
Joyce

My hearing has deteriorated to the point that I can understand very little
conversation in a group setting, although I do okay in one on one
conversations, as long as the person doesn't have too soft a voice or too
strong an accent. I also miss a lot of dialog on TV and in the movies.
Luckily, I am still able to enjoy music.

Joy

My hearing is still fine. I just don't see many people any more and I
don't turn the TV or radio on very often. MLB

Old January 1st 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley wrote:
On Dec 31, 5:50 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

You remind me of a friend. She says "I won't have children at any price, I
don't have a motherhood gland and besides, I don't have a cellar."

Now me I love children...but couldn't eat 2 at once

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Have you got any recipes. ;-)

--
Adrian
Old January 1st 12, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Dec 31 2011, 10:59*am, Mark Edwards wrote:

This is exactly the reason I keep toddlers in carriers too. (evil
grin).

I wish some people would and could babies be gagged? That high pitched
crying and the grizzling noises they make- don't know which is worse
but I'd sooner listen to fingernails on a blackboard

Old January 1st 12, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

On Dec 31 2011, 10:59*am, Mark Edwards wrote:

This is exactly the reason I keep toddlers in carriers too. (evil
grin).

I wish some people would and could babies be gagged? That high pitched
crying and the grizzling noises they make- don't know which is worse
but I'd sooner listen to fingernails on a blackboard

Grizzling noises...?

--
Joyce

Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old January 1st 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_4_]

We have a tabby named Tibb, not exactly the same, but close. He rides
in our motor home, without a cage, but I really don't think he enjoys
it. He hides under the bed until we stop for the night. Then he comes
out and loves to keep us awake. I am glad to know some cats like
riding in a car.