Roasting a chicken

Old September 3rd 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default Roasting a chicken

Watching one of the old reruns of Julia Child and she's showing how to
prepare a chicken for roasting. I just love this woman.

She removed bony elbows on the wings and she even removed the wishbone from
the breast part. Do you guys do that? I've roasted many chickens and never
done that. Is it the same for roasting a turkey?

Old September 3rd 10, 09:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alphonze[_2_]

On Sep 3, 11:16*am, "Cheryl" wrote:
LOL! *Wrong group.

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Watching one of the old reruns of Julia Child and she's showing how to
prepare a chicken for roasting. *I just love this woman.

She removed bony elbows on the wings and she even removed the wishbone
from the breast part. *Do you guys do that? *I've roasted many chickens
and never done that. *Is it the same for roasting a turkey?

I've never removed elbows or wishbones, but last time I roasted a
chicken I had to remove a cat from the working surface several times,
then I had to remove the cat that was trying to get inside the
chicken. Later, after leaving the chicken to cool and prior to
serving, I had to remove the bits with tooth-marks in. Does this count?
Old September 3rd 10, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Alphonze wrote:

I've never removed elbows or wishbones, but last time I roasted a
chicken I had to remove a cat from the working surface several times,
then I had to remove the cat that was trying to get inside the
chicken.

"Dogs in Elk", in miniature!

Later, after leaving the chicken to cool and prior to
serving, I had to remove the bits with tooth-marks in. Does this count?

I think this post belongs in the "Would you eat it?" thread!

Glad to see you back here! How are Norts'n'Keeks?

Joyce

--
Excuse for Not Doing One's Homework:
My pit bull, here, ate it.
Old September 3rd 10, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl P.[_2_]

Alphonze wrote:
On Sep 3, 11:16 am, "Cheryl" wrote:
LOL! Wrong group.

"Cheryl" wrote in message

Watching one of the old reruns of Julia Child and she's showing how to
prepare a chicken for roasting. I just love this woman.
She removed bony elbows on the wings and she even removed the wishbone
from the breast part. Do you guys do that? I've roasted many chickens
and never done that. Is it the same for roasting a turkey?

I've never removed elbows or wishbones, but last time I roasted a
chicken I had to remove a cat from the working surface several times,
then I had to remove the cat that was trying to get inside the
chicken. Later, after leaving the chicken to cool and prior to
serving, I had to remove the bits with tooth-marks in. Does this count?

Extra hint:

Never ever leave a chicken or turkey, whole or in pieces, on a counter
or in a sink to defrost. A bank vault would be a good substitute, but in
a pinch, you can put it in a microwave or even in a fridge, if you've
got enough time to wait.

--
Cheryl P.
Old September 3rd 10, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Cheryl wrote:
LOL! Wrong group.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Watching one of the old reruns of Julia Child and she's showing how to
prepare a chicken for roasting. I just love this woman.

She removed bony elbows on the wings and she even removed the wishbone
from the breast part. Do you guys do that? I've roasted many
chickens and never done that. Is it the same for roasting a turkey?

The cats love roast chicken. :-)

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old September 3rd 10, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Cheryl" wrote in message
LOL! Wrong group.

No it's not OT - we decided a long time ago that food was on-topic. ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old September 3rd 10, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 01:34:33 -0700 (PDT), Alphonze wrote:

I've never removed elbows or wishbones, but last time I roasted a
chicken I had to remove a cat from the working surface several times,
then I had to remove the cat that was trying to get inside the
chicken. Later, after leaving the chicken to cool and prior to
serving, I had to remove the bits with tooth-marks in. Does this count?

One of our kitties is a persian puffball who doesn't really know where
the end of her face is. She has an inordinate amount of trouble
eating from human hands. Usually isn't worth the trouble to even
offer anything for her except for freshly roasted chicken. She goes
crazy for it and behaves like a nearly normal cat. Birdmeat!
Old September 4th 10, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 3/09/2010 1:16 PM, Cheryl wrote:
LOL! Wrong group.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Watching one of the old reruns of Julia Child and she's showing how to
prepare a chicken for roasting. I just love this woman.

She removed bony elbows on the wings and she even removed the wishbone
from the breast part. Do you guys do that? I've roasted many chickens
and never done that. Is it the same for roasting a turkey?

Can't be the wrong group - its about food, and asks how to remove
inconvenient inedible bits from a bird.

Seems perfectly On Topic for this group!

Yowie
(I have never roasted a bird of any description, considering the cooked
price is almost the same as the frozen raw price, and the chicken shops
always do a much better job of the roast than i can)
Old September 4th 10, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
(I have never roasted a bird of any description, considering the cooked
price is almost the same as the frozen raw price, and the chicken shops
always do a much better job of the roast than i can)

I disagree. I bought an already roasted chicken last week because I was
pushed for time but it certainly was not as good as I can do one myself.
Tweed

Roasting in California Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 8 May 18th 08 08:53 PM
Anyone else don't like chicken? James Cat health & behaviour 3 November 8th 07 03:02 PM
I got der chicken!!! Stormmee Cat community 9 March 3rd 06 10:03 AM
Chicken Pox Granny Cats - misc 12 August 18th 04 05:32 PM
Chicken Pox Granny Cat health & behaviour 6 April 28th 04 05:09 PM