boyfriend is a kind boy

Old April 28th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default boyfriend is a kind boy

when i first injured myself it interfered with laptime because i had to lean
forward in my chair all the time to prop my arm on my knee for support. how
i did not take it on board that i'd done myself a major mischief even though
i was in the most incredible pain i don't know.
boyfie was pretty disgruntled that he could not get on my knee at the time,
he kept trying one paw just in case there was room on there somehow.
when i got home he brought me a mouse and a vole in case i hadn't been fed
properly, the first time he's hunted in ages.

now i have my shoulder immobilizer on, he does not even try to get on my
knee, instead he perches on the arm of my chair next to me and cuddles
against my other shoulder, then i incline my head towards him and he
headbutts me.

the bad thing about about the immobilizer is that my arm is clamped against
my body and it's impossible to wash my armpit except with one finger pushed
inside and that ain't enough.
i go back to the hospital on may 10, hopefully to have the immobilizer off
after 5 weeks. i will need physiotherapy but as part of my upper arm has no
feeling i know i've damaged the nerve that allows me to raise my arm. if
i'd gone immediately it would not have helped with that.

i'm so looking forward to having two arms again.

tweed

Old April 28th 11, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"hopitus" wrote in message
On Apr 28, 11:27 am, hopitus wrote:
On Apr 28, 10:21 am, "Christina Websell" wrote:

i go back to the hospital on may 10, hopefully to have the immobilizer
off
after 5 weeks. i will need physiotherapy but as part of my upper arm has
no
feeling i know i've damaged the nerve that allows me to raise my arm. if
i'd gone immediately it would not have helped with that.

i'm so looking forward to having two arms again.
tweed

Of course you are! And of course Boyfie still loves you; he has found
a new way
to demonstrate that he does.
I want to tell you something: please try to get over that you ignored
your pain
and incapacities for so long: I ignored pain that was my *heart* for a
whole
weekend and it then got so desparate for blood (its "food") that it
shut way
down (it did not stop or I would be dead) and forced me to have
symptoms that
my coworkers hauled me to the ER where I worked! I doubt anyone coould
be
less attentive to pain than I was then because what was wrong with me
then
will kill ya, LOL.
I am not your doc but ave an opinion on your "dead" arm zone and
inability to
raise the limb. Cjecl wotj uopir dpcs bit when you fracture shoulder
bones and/or
clavicle, impossible to raise arm. The supporting musculature is what
they will
work on in physiotherapy as they will have deteriorated in strength
and agility
(It don't take long) and must be restored to bring back your arm
dexterity. I
associiate your pain with the fractured bone fragment *and* the torn
ligaments
etc. from the dislocation, which was severe, IMHO.
Cheer up, you are on the mend and we look forward to news from you
and
your recovery to be ongoing. Remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdudSsR4BM&feature=fvst

No...not Freddie Mercury: that's MatSav and *my* fave. You said once
you
love this song..."never, never, never will be slaves" and that
included to pain
and an out-of-order shoulder . Right?
I especially like the soldier dude in the vid aiming what looks like a
Gatlin gun, LOL.
But then you know I like guns. Get well soon.

Please excuse for the typo in middle; I had such trouble getting the
vid put of
YouTube and on here (my doc called me in midst of this

----
i am so fed up. i've been restricted to the house since march 14, i can't
wait until may 10 when my immo thing comes off so i can drive again.
i hate asking my brother/wife to take me shopping for a loaf of bread.

Old April 28th 11, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, he is so sweet, isn't he? I'm so glad he is feeding you and keeping you
company.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 29th 11, 12:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
"hopitus" wrote in message
[...]

Instead of asking them to take you shopping, would they be agreeable to shgopping for you once in a while? You could reimburse them for the purchase plus something for their travel cost.

This would be easier on them and you to IMHO. MLB
Old April 29th 11, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 28, 12:21*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

He loves you and wants to give you some comfort and a little bit of
food. You are both wonderful.

--
Will in New Haven
Old April 30th 11, 02:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Irulan" wrote in message
aw, he is so sweet, isn't he? I'm so glad he is feeding you and keeping
you company.

he is very sweet indeed, he has a lovely temperament and always looks as if
he is smiling.

Old April 30th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message

Instead of asking them to take you shopping, would they be agreeable to
shgopping for you once in a while? You could reimburse them for the
purchase plus something for their travel cost.

This would be easier on them and you to IMHO. MLB

i like to do my own shopping - they only live a mile away from me yet i
only see them on christmas day. i told them it was time they stepped up to
the plate and to be fair they have, not before time.
my s i l did my laundry as it's impossible for me to hang it out to dry and
they even included me on a family day out to swithland woods to see the
bluebells on easter monday. it may not last but i'm making the most of it
while it does.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kev747/3514213302/

tweed

Old April 30th 11, 02:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Boyfriend wants to love you better and has found a way.

Purrs that you arm heals well and soon.

thanks, judith.
all my friends are scaring me with..i know someone who did this and they
could never use their arm properly again and such things as that..which is
not useful, tbh.
i know it's a severe injury, the surgeon said so, but i will give it my best
shot with physio.

tweed

Old April 30th 11, 03:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Boyfie always was and still is our perfect little English gentleman! ;

ain't that da truth..
had my experience of cats been based on kfc - bless her memory, it's 2 years
this month since i lost her - i probably would not have wanted another as
she was such a grump but along came boyfie to change my mind. he is all
sunshine - and on cue he has just risen from his bedroom to come downstairs
to see if it's time for fudz. not quite yet, it's only 3pm but a boy can
hope

tweed