Automobile Cat!

Old December 31st 11, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Automobile Cat!

No cluons were harmed when MLB wrote:
There is a risk having a cat outside of a carrier in a car.

If the cat gets spooked somehow, he could interfere with the

driver, or
distract them, which could lead to an accident.

If there was an accident, whether caused by the cat or not, the

cat may
escape, to be killed in traffic, of simply get lost.
While neither scenario is very likely, statistically, I would

rather err
on the side of safety, and keep cats in carriers, while traveling

in the
car.

This is exactly the reason I keep toddlers in carriers too. (evil
grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

--
Proof of sanity forged upon request
Old December 31st 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MLB wrote:

On 12/30/2011 06:28 PM, wrote:
Joy wrote:

wrote in message

MLB wrote:

IIRC it was Dan Mahoney. I enjoed his stories of Harri (et) too.

Yes, it was Dan. He just posted in here yesterday and he mentioned Harri,
but not by name. He just said one of his cats went with him on long trips
when he drove a semi.

Thanks to both of you. Getting old does have its good points, but an
unlimited memory isn't one of them.

No kidding! And I think I'm quite a bit younger than you are, so I
probably have more memory loss to look forward to.

Work at it kids. I'm far past either one of you and I can still
remember most of what I have experienced. I used to be exceptionally
good at voices. Now I don't have the opportunity to keep up on that. MLB

Oh, that too! Each of my parents are/were pretty deaf in their late
70s. So chances are high that I have that to look forward to, also.
That'll be sad, because music is probably the thing I've gotten the
most pleasure from in my whole life.

I'm good at recognizing voices, too. Which is fortunate since I'm
terrible at recognizing faces.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old December 31st 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
MLB wrote:

On 12/30/2011 06:28 PM, wrote:
Joy wrote:

wrote in message

MLB wrote:

[...]

My hearing has deteriorated to the point that I can understand very little
conversation in a group setting, although I do okay in one on one
conversations, as long as the person doesn't have too soft a voice or too
strong an accent. I also miss a lot of dialog on TV and in the movies.
Luckily, I am still able to enjoy music.

Joy

Old December 31st 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
. com...
No cluons were harmed when wrote:
I'm good at recognizing voices, too. Which is fortunate since I'm
terrible at recognizing faces.

Who ARE all you people, and what are you doing in my kitchen?!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Oh, is that where we are?

Joy

Old January 1st 12, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:
robinskigrh wrote:

Tibbs - my 2 year old tabby - behaves in a way that I've never
experienced with previous cats (I've had 2 before Tibbs). When he was
a kitten and we used to take him to the vets, putting him in his
travel cage, he would go nuts as soon as the door closed on him. When
we got him in the car, he would bash his head against the cage and cry
constantly. Once, having had enough of his antics, we let him out of
the cage while we drove towards the vets. He calmed right down and
seemed to start enjoying himself. He sat on the dashboard and looked
out of the car window and then when he got bored he went and lay on
the back shelf above the rear seats. Now we don't bother with his cage
until we get to the vets. He loves being in cars as long as he can
look out of the window!!

That's really cute! Neither of mine cares much for car rides. But some
cats do, apparently.

Sophie (RB) was so well behaved that when we had to take her to the vets,
we didn't put her in her carrier. Although we took it with us in case
there was a possibility of trouble. She loved to travel on my lap, (the
vets was only two minutes away) and looked out of the windows with great
interest. I wouldn't have had SWeep (RB) out of her carrier in the car or
indeed Sootie. Both being far too stroppy.

I remember a very scary car drive to the vet once with Kitty Farmcat. I
didn't have a proper carrier at that time, just a cardboard one called a
"pet carrier".
It had ventilation holes in the side and I hadn't been driving more than a
couple of minutes before a claw came through one of the holes. Rip, rip,
rip. It's nearly 20 minutes drive to the vet and I began to drive faster
and faster with my heart in my mouth at the thought of an angry KFC loose in
the car.
I just got into their car park before she burst out of the side. I had to
buy another cardboard carrier from the vet to take her home again.
I now have a wooden one that June made. It's only just big enough for
Boyfie and I cannot get him into it on my own no matter how I do it. He
develops a dozen legs to push himself out of it and I haven't enough arms.
He only had to go to TED once in it to know he would never willingly go in
it again. I had it downstairs for 6 months with a nice blankie in for him
to use it to sleep in. No way Jose. The boy ain't daft. Even with a
little bit of his favourite dry sprinkled in the back of it he looked at me
and said "you must think I came down in the last shower of rain.."

Tweed

Old January 1st 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
. com...

This is exactly the reason I keep toddlers in carriers too. (evil grin).

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

You remind me of a friend. She says "I won't have children at any price, I
don't have a motherhood gland and besides, I don't have a cellar."

Tweed

Old January 1st 12, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Dec 31, 5:50*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

You remind me of a friend. *She says "I won't have children at any price, I
don't have a motherhood gland and besides, I don't have a cellar."

Now me I love children...but couldn't eat 2 at once

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 1st 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

You remind me of a friend. She says "I won't have children at any price, I
don't have a motherhood gland and besides, I don't have a cellar."

Now me I love children...but couldn't eat 2 at once

Lesley
I never wanted children myself. Too much of a lifetime commitment.
However I did spend 21 years of my working life in a child protection team
so I'm excused.
Tweed