I have to tell this! Or I'll bust!

Old August 3rd 05, 11:41 PM

Default I have to tell this! Or I'll bust!

If anybody ever doubts the collective power of the purr, just keep
reading.
Do you remember the Stripey Kitten's picture that I posted yesterday,
with the big sore in its head? We went at 1 p.m. to the vet, was
diagnosed as an injury, not ringworm. So I got his snap test, worming,
1st kitten shots and went straight to the shelter with him.
When we got there, there was a woman from a neighboring town with no
shelter, looking for a cat marked like her RB cat. Stripey Kitten was
*exactly* the coat pattern she was looking for. She paid out, asked us
to babysit while she went to Wal Mart for "cat things." She came back
with a carload of toys, a bed, a scratching post, canned food, litter.
She was unconcerned that the kitten looked so scraggly and understood
that he'll be a whole different looking cat once he gets fed regular.
It's a really good forever home. I know it.
The bad news is, Angel isn't adjusting very well. She can't be let out
of the cage because she acts so ugly to the other kittens. It just
broke my heart to see her in that cage. The shelter manager said
they'll give her some time out of the cage by putting the other kittens
up for a while. And give her another chance to integrate in a few days.
The other kitten is doing good. Another kitten came in that next day
that was marked just like her. The volunteers say they people think
they are littermates because they are best buds and sleep together.
So it's one down, and two to go. :-)

Sherry

Old August 4th 05, 12:08 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 03 Aug 2005 06:41:52p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav
oups.com):

[...]

Fantastic news! Bummer about Angel. I guess because she was picking
on you and the older cats she doesn't know how to be with small
cats. She'll get it! I'm glad they're going to give her more
chances to mingle later. I'm just so happy for all of you about the
new boy's fate. See? You were supposed to find him. He already had
a new home he didn't know about. Great work girlie!

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields
Old August 4th 05, 12:53 AM
Snittens

wrote in message
ups.com...
If anybody ever doubts the collective power of the purr, just keep
reading.

snip

Wonderful!! It's so nice to hear good news

-Kelly

Old August 5th 05, 01:48 AM
Rhonda

whitershadeofpale wrote: