Christmas at the Rainbow Bridge

Old December 27th 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Christmas at the Rainbow Bridge

Glad to hear you are still at it, wish there was not need for this type of
work but, so long as people are stupid, there will be the need.
"kraut" wrote in message

I am down to about 6 that I tend to right now but I think one has a
home and comes for a free hand out since he found out I keep food out.

I just rehomed a little calico female that had been coming around for
a couple months so that made me feel good to get her off the street
and into a good home this time of years.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Years.

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 15:58:50 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

Hey you, besides the sad news, how have you been? How many furballs you
taking care of this winter?
"kraut" wrote in message
. ..

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 15:07:04 -0500, Mishi wrote:

http://www.angelbluemist.com/christmas.html

Thank you for posting this.

It has only been a couple weeks since I had to send my Bootsie on his
journey to the 'Bridge due to FIV and reading this started the tears
all over again.

I still miss the little furball tremendously and hope that he had a
joyous Christmas there with all his new freinds.

Old December 27th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Fangu fer posting dat Mishi, et mayde mine Meowmie git wadder in hur eyez.
Purrs n Prayers coming frum owr hoam tew yew tew
Gramby fur yer proceedure.
Luffs
Mosey 4 hiz famlee

"Granby"
Thank you purrs and prayers always help.
"MLB"
Granby wrote:
My family can't get here from New York because of the weather. My son
and his family that live down the street can't be with me tomorrow as
they all have colds and flu. I am going to have another stent put in my
heat on the 29th.

I was having my own version of a pity party tonight. I read this poem
and it made me feel like my Scooter, Sadie and Lewi along with pets
from long ago are with me.

Thank you for posting this.

"Fred Williams"
Mishi wrote:

http://www.angelbluemist.com/christmas.html
That's just beautiful Mishi. Thank-you.

--
Regards,
Fred

Weez senin hartfelt purrs fur yu and yur fambly to al fel betr soon.

Alsew specal purs for yur hart purrcedur on the 29th. MLB an TuTu

Old December 27th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Kyla here
I too am feeding some 'out' kitties, I'm up to between 1-4 now, because
their people have moved and left them behind...I know where they lived
before, and one of them wants to come in so bad, a huge black kitty with
yellow eyes,
very territorial, he, but ours won't hear of it, so I just put the kibbble
outside.
This morning, there were patches of white fur on the porch, and
I have no clue who it belongs to, as I have to feed them under the guise of
darkness. If I try and trap them, they will end up being pts by animal
control, who made a new law right after Thanksgiving, that all
captured/turned in cats, d*gs and others, will be promptly pts, because they
are so overwhelmed,
it just makes me sick!!
People make me so mad when they leave these poor little souls to fend for
themselves.
Thanks for listening.
Love,
Kyla..still recovering from last month's 'episode'
*gives computer back to Mosey*

"Granby"

Old December 27th 09, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmmee

you know on some forum i read some idiot was going on about how those who
feed the out kittys should give preium food, i almost lost it, i mean this
time of ear calories are calories, and i can't afford to feed expensive to
every cat in this town, cheap kibble and a small prayer is about all most
can do so i say good on everyone who does... then there's the grmby who has
a kitty hotel for the really bad nights... just ask herself what happens
when it gets bad, who show up and where do they go? soft

--
Have a great day
"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message
[...]

m...

Old December 27th 09, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mishi[_2_]

Stormmmee wrote:
you know on some forum i read some idiot was going on about how those who
feed the out kittys should give preium food, i almost lost it, i mean this
time of ear calories are calories, and i can't afford to feed expensive to
every cat in this town, cheap kibble and a small prayer is about all most
can do so i say good on everyone who does... then there's the grmby who has
a kitty hotel for the really bad nights... just ask herself what happens
when it gets bad, who show up and where do they go? soft

My outcats get good food, but not premium. The ones I usually buy for
them are Purina Cat Chow, Wegman's BuJu and Ziggy (they like these
flavours), Meow Mix, 9 Lives and comparable brands. I also supplement
their dry with canned food twice a day, and I make sure they have clean
water. They have access to my garage, where there are beds and blankets
available, heat lamps over a couple of the beds, and a snuggle safe heat
disk in one of the bed boxes. I also have a couple of plastic tubs with
heat seats in them, under fleece blankets. Since they like to wait
beside the door for me to come out, I have put a couple of bed boxes
there so they can stay warm if they so choose. Spoiled? Nah!
Mishi
Old December 28th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

We had a small blizzard here today and here are currently four cats, only 1
I know sleeping in the garage. They have food and water, a blanket and are
out of the wind. In the morning I will let them out. One seems to be
rather growly so he may spend the night in the dog cage if he causes
trouble,

Old December 28th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_2_]

Human note
Bless all your hearts for feeding the out kitties. I so wish I could shelter
them as well, but I can't, necause of where we live....I just can put some
kibble (Friskies Indoor Dry) on the rug outside, in the dark,
we don't have a garage, just a carport and a storage shed,
which is full of storage items.
I am so mad at the people who just left these poor souls without thinking!!!
The freaked out orange kitty is always so glad to see me, but she runs off
so fast.
*gives computer back to Mosey*
Meowmie Kyla

Old December 29th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Ajo Clowder

"Fred Williams" wrote in message
Mishi wrote:

http://www.angelbluemist.com/christmas.html
That's just beautiful Mishi. *Thank-you.

--
Regards,
Fred
(remove FFFf from my email address to reply by email)

Weez senin hartfelt purrs fur yu and yur fambly to al fel betr soon.

Alsew specal purs for yur hart purrcedur on the 29th. *MLB an TuTu

Purrs fur da Gramby, purrs fur da lost, purrs, fur da lonlee, purrz
fur da sik ana injurd, purrrz fur doze hedding fur da Bridj or
alreddi der, ana purrs fur awl hoo purrr, woofle, ana hope. Bast bless
uz awl, efurrywun.
Ralph, Fred, Alice, Jane, Ricky, Mary, Judith, and Claude
Old December 29th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_3_]

Mosey =^..^= wrote:

[...]

It's going to be hard for humans too soon. There is so much suffering in
the world. Most people prefer not to think about it.