Puppy potty training

Old July 17th 03, 05:50 PM
The Puppy Wizard

Default Puppy potty training

HOWEDY tara o.,

"Tara O." wrote in message
"LytaA" wrote in message
Hi all,
Just got myself a 7 week puppy - gorgeous etc. Can you
give me tips on how to toilet train him -

Yeah. She'll find that on shirly chong's click / bribe / choke / shock
site your pals always recommend.

I am leaving newspaper out at the mo, he has peed on
it once but rest of time just peeing and pooing when
and where he likes.

Yeah. You've got to learn HOWE to train him...

Dont want to "rub his face in it" as the old school
of thought used to do -

Right. NHOWE we lock dogs in boxes and avoid all
that. The dog can rub his own nose in IT. We divide
the crate in half so the dog won't mess it withHOWEt
being forced to lay in it.

so what is the secret to success?

Simply not doin what HOWER EXXXPERTS do and tell you to do.

Your advice would be most appreciated.

You won't be gettin no goddamned advice from HOWER dog lovers,
they HURT and KILL dogs and call THAT, trainin.

I find that crate training significantly helps the housetraining process
along because the dog's movements are restricted when you're not
home and he won't want to eliminate where he has to lay.

That's what PANICS dogs when you lock them in a box. Then you
can't take IT HOWET till IT is quiet, after IT **** ITSELF from ANXIETY
over being LOCKED IN A BOX with NO TOILET.

At 7 weeks, he doesn't have much, if any, control over his bladder
and bowels.

Not when you lock IT in a box and IGNORE IT. Dogs HOWEsbreak
INSTINCTIVELY at FIVE weeks. You're not able to train a dog, that's
HOWE COME you lock them in a box and try to CONvince yourselves
THAT'S TRAINING.

Take him outside on leash every hour.

So the dog NEVER LEARNS to CONTROL HISSELF and CANNOT
LEARN TO TELL YOU IT GOT TO "GO!"

You're a MENTAL CASE, tara o.. Your CRATE made Summer
FEAR AGGRESSIVE of SMALL KIDS and YOU KILLED HER.

Praise him well everytime he elminiates. Always remember
that a puppy will need to eliminate within 30 minues of eating
and normally about 15 minutes of significant drinking.

That so? CITES PLEASE?

You can use little treats to accompany the praise when outside.

Oh? You mean, TO DISTRACT IT FROM THE THOGHT OF WHAT HE'S DOIN?

Start praising the very second he begins to eliminate

We PRAISE THE COMMAND, tara o..

(not after he's done)

HOWE bHOWET your TREAT?

Doesn't make sense if you CAN'T CORRECT a behavior unless
CAUGHT IN THE ACT, you can't REWARD a behavior UNLESS
IN THE ACT.

IOW, your TREAT HAS NO TRAINING VALUE, EXXXCEPT
to teach the dog to ASK TO GO HOWET so IT can GET
HIS TREAT!

then give the treat when he's finished.

BWWWHAHAHAHAA!!!

FOR WHAT? THE EVENT IS OVER!

This will become a pleasant experience for him.

That may train IT to ASK TO GO HOWETSIDE JUST FOR A TREAT.
Like marie's dog Macula constantly uses subterfuges to elicit a treat.

When he eliminates in the house, don't scold him at all as this
will just teach him to hide somewhere when he needs to eliminate.

That so?

You wouldn't tell a dog NOT TO DO THAT, would you?

HOWE DO YOU DO IT WITHHOWET TELLIN IT "NO!"?

The Puppy Wizard teaches HOWE to do that, but
you don't know NUTHIN ABHOWET IT... do you, tara o..

That's HOWE COME YOU KILLED your dog Summer.

Its only your diligence that will prevent accidents in the house.

Hmm. HOWE DO YOU TELL IT NOT TO DO THAT, tara o.?

--
Tara

HOWEDY People,

The Puppy Wizard trains People all over the Whole Wild
World, to train their dogs using NUTHIN but the Pure
Perfect Power Of Potentialized Pleasure Of Prolonged
Non Physical Praise, for FREE.

HOWE DOES the Pure Perfect Power Of Potentialized
Pleasure Of Prolonged Non Physical Praise work?

LIKE FREAKIN MAGICK, GODDAMNIT!

The Puppy Wizard's dogs have NEVER seen HIM cast a frown
or evil eye in their direction or shamed, criticized, or negatively
interacted or corrected them NO WAY, NO HOWE, on accHOWEnt
of - IT DON'T WORK.

There's ABSOLUTELY NO APPUPRIATE WAY to HURT, INTIMIDATE,
or FORCE, a dog or child.

HOWE COME?

Cause The Puppy Wizard SEZ SO. THAT'S HOWE COME.

And THAT'S JUST HOWE IT IS.

In The Problem Animal Behavior BUSINESS,
FAILURE MEANS DEATH. SAME SAME SAME
SAME, For The Problem Child Behavior BUSINESS.

A Dog Is A Dog As A Child Is A Child. They Respond
In Predictable Innate, Normal, Natural, Instinctive,
Reflexive, Ways, To Circumstances And Situations
Of Their Environments Which We Create For Them.

ALL BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS ARE CAUSED BY
MISHANDLING. Damn The Descartean War of
"Nature Vs Nurture." We Teach By HOWER Words
And Actions And GET BACK What We TAUGHT.

The Puppy Wizard. } : ~ )

"misty" wrote in message
news: ...

I don't now whether Peach is dead or alive. I do know she's
not here with us. I really can't blame anyone here for her loss.

I'm the one who ignored your advice. I did it because of how you
write/wrote. I was unwilling to accept the idea that my using a
shock collar could have any bearing on Peach not wanting to stay
home. Up until I started using it my main concern had been keeping
my dogs in their own yard.

Once I started using the e-fence... well, then my concern became how
to keep them from running off for days on end.

I lost valuable training time becoming embroiled in the anti-
shock debate and the "Jerry sux" tirades.

I lost one dog but I have the bestest dog in the world now
g A Wits End Trained dog, one who is completely housetrained,
doesn't chew up stuff, stays in the yard, and doesn't bark all
the time. IOW a great companion and friend.

Thanks Jerry!

=====================

misty" wrote in message

We just installed a PetSafe brand fence this Spring. Two dogs,
two collars We now have one dog and no collars.

Peach and Zelda would run thru the fence, not want to come back
in the yard and would run for days. The last time, Peach didn't
come back home.

I used the Wit's End Training Manual to learn how to train my dog.
She is now border trained. A few minutes each day reinforces
her desire to stay in the yard. She no longer runs out into the
road, I can stop her from chasing cats and she no longer cringes
when we walk around the yard.

I can not say loud or long enough how much I hate the e-fence and
its collars. If you can't get a regular fence then you need to
train your dog. I will never rely on an electronic collar to keep my
dog in our yard again.

The price was too high:-(

~misty

--------------------------------

"Terri"@cyberhighway

Hey, do like me, and killfile Jerry.
He has millions of people aleady reading his posts and
watching him extract his soggy foot out of his mouth!
Out of these MILLIONS, I've only seen 2 naive childs
come forward and actually believe in his training manual.

Robert Crim writes:

I assume that I and my wife are those two naive childs since
I freely admit to having read and, I hope, understood enough
of the manual and it's counterparts by John Fisher and the
posts of Marylin Rammell to believe and use it. This naive
child would like to say thank you to both Jerry and Marylin for
putting up with a constant barrage of really infantile crap at
the hands of supposedly adult dog lovers.

The other naive child (LSW) has to put up with the nagging
idea that if people like them had been posting earlier, maybe
we would not have had to hold the head of a really
magnificent animal in our arms while he was given the
needle and having to hug him and wait until he gasped
his last gasp.

To my mind, "naive" is believing you can terrorize a dog into
good behavior. Naive is believing that people that hide
behind fake names are more honest than people that use
their real names. Naive is thinking that dilettante dog
breeders and amateur "trainers" like Joey (lyingdogDUMMY,
j.h.) are the equal or better than those that have studied and
lived by their craft for decades.

"Stupid" is believing that people do not see kindergarten
level insults for what they are. Really stupid is believing that
people like Jerry Howe and Marylin Rammell are going to
just go away because you people act like fools. Why do you
act like fools? I really have no idea, and I don't really care.

And, to date: I've not seen ONE come forward and actually
admit to buying and having success with his little black
box.

I think I'm going to get one myself for Father's day and take
it down to the Animal Shelter for their use and testing. You
would never believe the results, so you'll never know.

Anyone by now that doesn't see a scam man coming by
Jerry's posts deserves to get what is sure to be coming to
him! LOL!

I don't see a "scam man", so I guess I and Longsuffering
Wife and Rollei will just have to get what we deserve, eh?
As Joey (Dogman) says, "poor Rollei.".......right.

Terri

Yes it was, and that is sad.

Robert, Longsuffering Wife and Rollei (do I get to listen to the box
first?)

Hello People,

Robert Crim was a former Gang Of Thugs Member, and
hated me a much as the rest of our Thugs do. Robert was a
long time friend and prominent contributor to rpdb, till Jerry
came along and smartened him up. He learned the hard
way, and no longer posts to his former pals, because it is
just too painful knowing his pals would rather HURT and
KILL their dogs than to admit that JERRY is RIGHT.

Margaret Hoffman

Doggy Do Right and Jerry Howe

I just recently looked at this newsgroup and I found it
incredible. I do have a Doggy Do Right and have had it for
about one year. It truly does work - at least on my Dobe,
Chelsea.

Chelsea was the unhappy recipient of several failed attempts
at obedience training, both in a "class" environment and with
a personal trainer. She is very high spirited and strong and,
unfortunately, spoiled, since we are an older couple who
doted on our dog. We were lucky enough to find Jerry Howe
and to not only buy a Doggy Do Right, but to also have him
personally work with Chelsea.

His methods are wonderful and effective. Chelsea is not a dog
that you will bully, and I wouldn't dream of hurting her. After
Jerry spent time with her, she no longer jumped on furniture,
ate food off the counter, pulled me incessantly on the leash.
She is calmer and we are all happier.

Well, it is a very long story and I won't bore you with all the
details, but suffice it to say that Jerry Howe saved the day
for our dog and for us.

Marge Hoffman. (REWARD PAID BY DW.)

P.S. You can send me the reward money, but I won't sell you my DDR!

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
news
I read up on rotties, pitbulls, etc., and quite a bit of the
literature suggested I needed to assert my dominance and "make
the dog earn everything it gets." I tried this once or twice, just by
taking a stern tone of voice, and the results were terrible. The pup
got scared and just wanted to stay away from me.
That's why I support Jerry Howe and his FREE Wits' End Dog
Training manual -- that and the fact that Jerry is an all-around
great guy.
The core takeaway I got from Jerry's manual is this: make yourself
the center of your puppy's world -- his personal Lord Jesus. Never
give him a reason to fear you or think you're angry. Love the heck
out of him, and you'll end up with a great dog.
This has truly worked with my puppy. She'll do anything I want her
to, if she understands, because she trusts me 100 percent, and
nothing is more important in her world than her relationship with me.
Charlie

Hi Jerry,

I received email from Mark Shaw on 10/6 which I just read today.
Sorry I didn't have time to get to it sooner. We have had a lot
going on in our area concerning animals. We formed a new Task
Force to address spay/neuter, pet overpopulation and animal
abuse. I needed to do a lot of research before the first meeting and
time was just not available for anything else.

Anyway the letter went on to say that we are in collusion, I tried
to defraud him, and have sent none of the materials that he has
asked for although he has yet to furnish the P.O. Box number that
he wanted them sent to in the first place. He goes on to state that
I am no longer eligible for the "fictions reward." All of this is in
answer to postings that prove I was "sharing" his email with you
which in his opinion was a breach of good manners. His email only
had terms and conditions of the reward which I would consider
"public information."

Be that as it may, I would like to state that you had my permission
to post any email I have sent you regarding DDR including this
email.

I'm very sorry that you have to put up with this type of situation
from someone that obviously never intended to make good on his
reward offer in the first place.

I had a call from a friend of mine with a very aggressive cat. I
have loaned her my DDR for a few weeks to see if it will calm JR
down. I will let you know the results. She goes to the same holistic
vet that I go to and he is also interested.

In case Mark does post to the list again I would like to say that I
do very much believe that DDR will help JR as I know it has helped
my dogs and cats. I have entirely too much to do, to worry about his
opinions or reward.

The only reason I was willing to apply for the reward was on your
behalf as I do think your product is a valuable tool in helping with
aggression and other behavior problems.

I am in Feral Cat Network (we spay and neuter approximately 100
feral cats a month), I am also a member of a local AKC dog
obedience club, member of a local AKC agility club, president of
Pet Rescue, board member of the Alliance for Care and Welfare of
Animals (on the board a county commissioner, vet. rep., rep. from
AKC dog club, CFA cat club, assistant County manager, head of
animal control, director of two different shelters, etc.).

I listed these not to be on an ego trip but to let Mark know that I
am involved with animals and have very little time to play games
with him also I would not recommend your product if I did not
believe in it.

Please feel free to post this email as it has no copyright on it as
did Mark Shaw's last email to me.

Take care Jerry and don't let the Mark's of the world get you down.

Elaine

Thank you, Elaine. I have been trying to educate the mark's of this
world, with some occasional successes. I guess that's variable
reinforcement?

Yours, Jerry.

Elaine McClung, President of Pet Rescue writes: Sep 9,
2000

"I ordered from Jerry a long time ago.. He was helpful and
the order was filled promptly. Yes, Doggie Do Right does
indeed exist.

I "had" a very aggressive female Pit.. She was showing
aggression not only towards Dok, Rhodesian Ridgeback,
but our cats and even us.

She now plays with Dok, even to the point of allowing him
to take a toy or bone from her. She no longer shows any
aggression towards us. She is showing some aggression
towards the cats but that is down to a warning growl.

It is not just my opinion that all this aggression existed
before Doggie Do Right as we were advised by three vets
to euthanize her.

I do very much believe that DDR will help JR as I know it
has helped my dogs and cats. I do think your product is a
valuable tool in helping with aggression and other behavior
problems.

I am in Feral CatNetwork (we spay and neuter approximately
100 feral cats a month), I am also a member of a local AKC
dog obedience club, member of a local AKC agility club,
president of Pet Rescue, board member of the Alliance for
Care and Welfare of Animals (on the board a county
commissioner, vet. rep., rep. from AKC dog club, CFA cat
club, assistant County manager, head of animal control,
director of two different shelters, etc.).

Thanks, Elaine,

"I know that most men, including those at ease with
problems of the greatest complexity, can seldom accept
even the simplest and most obvious truth if it would
oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions which they
have delighted in explaining to colleagues, proudly
taught to others, and which they have woven, thread by
thread, into the fabric of their lives."
-Leo Tolstoy-

Is it any wonder that the following sig file has generated
more complaints to my personal email than any other
controversial post I have made to date, bar none?:

CAVEAT
If you have to do things to your dog to train him that you
would rather not have to do, then you shouldn't be doing
them. If you have a dog trainer who tells you to jerk your
dog around, choke him, pinch his ears, or twist his toes,
shock, shake, slap, scold, hit, chin cuff, scruff shake or
punish your dog in any manner, that corrections
are appropriate, that the dog won't think of you as the
punisher, or that corrections are not harmful, or if they
can't train your dog to do what you want, look for a
trainer that knows HOWE.

Sincerely,
Jerry Howe,
Wits' End Dog Training

http://www.doggydoright.com

Nature, to be mastered, must be obeyed.
-Francis Bacon-

There are terrible people who, instead of solving a
problem, bungle it and make it more difficult for all who
come after. Who ever can't hit the nail on the head
should, please, not hit at all.
-Nietzsche-

The abilities to think, rationalize and solve problems are
learned qualities.

The Wits' End Dog Training Method challenges the learning
centers in the dogs brain. These centers, once challenged,
develop and continue to grow to make him smarter.

The Wits' End Dog Training method capitalizes on
praising split seconds of canine thought, strategy, and
timing, not mindless hours of forced repetition, constant
corrections, and scolding.
-Jerry Howe-

The puppy John Biltz Cat anecdotes 1 October 30th 03 08:02 PM
beyond click and treat, click and love The Puppy Wizard Cat health & behaviour 1 July 12th 03 09:30 AM