Tribute: Bobbie, House of Rankin

Old October 18th 05, 12:26 AM
forward for the RankinKatz

Default Tribute: Bobbie, House of Rankin

What to say about Her Royal Highness, Princess Nosy? Miss TuffGirl
Kitty. Who could wear a Kissamouse Tree skirt wif as much flair as
ours sissfur? Or convince Mommy to do the hoomin-onna-string fing in
the Out ofur an' ofur, even though efurry time she wailed like a
banshee for hours when da funtime was over. Bobbie wailed, we mean,
not Mommy. Mommy would just collapse into a slightly battered puddle
of relief when she survived yet another outing. She'd say that
putting the harness on an eager Bobbie, and taking it off an angry
one, were like trying to lassoo a live cactus.

Nobody fought greeblings or bag-monsters as bravely an' valiently as
Miss Bobbie. She was an inspurration to the rest of us to guard our
hoominz day an' night from them, even though the only thanks we got
were "Will you STOP destroying everything in sight???"

Tyler an' Bobbie started out kinda ruff -- he didn't appreciate Bobbie
an' Dylan's arrival in his OnlyCat home one liddle bit, but the two
teeny orange balls of fur slowly warmed his heart. She was a pro at
the QUIET! Game when he explained the rules to her. He an' Bobbie was
inseparable winkwinks fur many (but not enuff) happy years. She kept
up da tradition of not appreciating noo arrivals for nine years, as
the Three Rankinkatz became the Twenty. After a while, she furgot
that da hissy-spit fits was supposed to stop after a while. But she
was always Mommy's sweet liddle velcro kitty, her "baby girl." The
last year of her life, when she was feelin' ofurwhelmed by all da noo
bruvvers an' sissfurs, she all but lived atop a bookcase, behind the
loveseat, or on Mommy's lap. Till that heartbreakin' morning when
she didn't yell an enthusiastic good morning greeting to Mommy from
her perch up high, an' Mommy found dat she had gone quietly to Rainbow
Bridge in herz sleep behind da loveseat. It was such a shock, since
she had just had her annual torture session wif TED a few weeks before
that, an' she seemed healfy an' fit.

Now she's wif ours sweet DixieDog, CC, Liddle Paul an' Muffin at
Rainbow Bridge. Pauline has even finally convinced her that she can
still be a TuffGirl Kitty if she wears spandex. She spends hers time
happily wif all hers good friends, including her bestest amie
LaChance, watchin' ofur their loved ones here on earf.

Who knew that with 17 RankinKatz still here, we could have such a big
empty hole in ours lifes when you left us, Bobbie? Mommy an' Daddy
will sometimes laugh at the memory of how loudly Miss Dainty would
snore in her sleep, even as a liddle kitten. They miss that sound oh
so very much. Till we see you again, dear Bobbie, we will rememfur
you efurry single day, and love you for all eternity.

Tyler, Dylan, Samson, Jordan, Pippen, Buddy, Holly, Lucy, Cassie,
John, Ringo, George, Sybil, Peanut, BB, Mickey and Tessie; and your
lovin' Mommy an' Daddy.

--
Remove the first m to reply

Old October 18th 05, 04:31 AM
Gabrielle

Bobbie, she wuz an inspurashun to alla TGKs, at leest datz whut Laura
(RB) aweighz sed. I hope shee is haffin fun chazing greeblingz ana
greetin doze Fings Fragile she sent...err... witnessed going to the Bridj.
Ralph de Ralf with his expanding clowder and his humin, Anti Gabrielle

Old October 18th 05, 05:19 AM
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

May Bobbie's memory be a blessing for all of you...
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
10/18/2005 12:18:38 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old October 18th 05, 05:52 AM
meee

snfff sounds like a wonnnerful kitty. wishn i could've seen her dancin in
the kissamouse skirt. *meatloafs and purrs mightily*

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old October 18th 05, 06:29 AM
Beverly Orel

Awww --dat wuz such uh luffly tribyoot. We didn kno Bobby had gone tu duh
Bridj, an dat it wuz so sudden! She wuz trooly uh wunnerful gurlcat, yes
indeed, an we shall miss yer.

Samantha and cuzzins Finney, Lucey & Jeannie & Meowmie Beverly & Anti Gwen

Old October 19th 05, 04:18 AM
Heather

Dat waz a luvlee tribyewt. sniff sniff Weez dint effen node she had gon
tu da Bridj. So sad, so sad

DaRennieKidz

Old October 19th 05, 09:34 PM
Paula

Until we meet again, Bobby.
You were one uv da specialest ones.
the gang

Old October 20th 05, 02:46 AM
tess

I wish I had been able tu meow wif Bobbie. She wuz a furry spayshul
kitty. Mommy remembers Bobbie an da Kissamouse Tree Skirt. Dat wuz da
story dat konvinced hur tu reed da MEOW messages in da old rpc.

Tess

[...]

Jellicle Ball Tribute to Punkins House of Tock Ray or Fran Cat community 9 October 19th 05 09:55 PM
Jellicle Ball: Calling the Names of Honorees Mietze Cat community 25 October 19th 05 04:29 PM
Furrst Drafft - Jellicle Ball Onoree Nayms Mietze, The Clowder Cat community 35 October 12th 05 03:53 AM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
Cat predation studies Alison Cat health & behaviour 48 February 5th 04 03:17 AM