If you love cats..

Old July 25th 09, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default If you love cats..

STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 21:36:51 -0700, "Jofirey"
wrote:

"Wayne Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
"Granby" wrote:

Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before
anything
else?

Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under
the
bridge has long-since been swept away.

(We got two more inches of rain today.)
--

Wayne M.

Written by someone in New England from another group.

Water, water on our floor, soaking tiles. Towels in piles. Rain -
enough!

Old July 25th 09, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Stormmee

I just did a choice beef eye of round with potatoes, onions and celery, one
can of beef broth and 2 cups of water, in my brand new seven quart crock
pot... it was 4.5 pounds and long enough that DH had to cut it in half. i
cooked it from frozen, 4 hours on high then overnight on low until it
reached the majical temp... i was going to say what DH picked but we went
for 200 internal temp for a hope at a more tender roast. I also make beef
top round and beef bottom round roast this way in the crock pot. the key to
this is just enough water and a very long cooking time. have also done pork
roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups water
does it.

Lee who only cooks in the crock and steamer
"Jofirey" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Cook in dutch oven or crock pot

Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?

Lesley

I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

I don't think I'd try it in a slow cooker. You would need to brown it
first anyway, and that takes too long to do in the morning before going to
work. I don't think it would work out to get the meat tender and the
vegetable all done but not overdone at the same time.

I would cook a roast like this on top of the stove the whole time, on a
low simmer once the water was added. And not put the veggies in until the
last hour.

Jo

Old July 25th 09, 08:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
Stormmee

think pot roast if you have a cut for that, Lee
"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 2:12 pm, "Jofirey" wrote:

I would imagine it would be best with a boneless chuck roast.

Okay what is a bonelesss chuck roast?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 25th 09, 08:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

sure would be nice if they were an indicater species... wheres that gas
guzzler, Lee
"Granby" wrote in message
Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
else?
"Alphonze" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 2:13 pm, "Matthew"
wrote:
Oh please A troll in the cat groups

Your orginality -23

Hugely unimaginative, I grant you. But, ignoring the troll aspects,
the recipe itself looks interesting!

The recipe is very Italian, so cat would be as inappropriate as
venison or hare - far too gamey. I am going to try making this with
pork (but I think it'd be good with veal too; I just can't get decent
veal in Hong Kong).

A glass of orvieto would be suitable to accompany, I think.

Al. (who is going to share the food with the cats, naturally)

Old July 25th 09, 08:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

the whole reason i am posting is because i woke to big thunder boomers, then
it rained... sounded like some cat peeing on the concrete, then it quit so i
plugged the computer back in and started reading.

Old July 25th 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

It has rained so much here and been so cool except for a few "hot spells" as
Granny would call them. The green beans are sparse and so are the tomatoes.
Peppers fine. The flowers are beautiful. Just too much rain and cold. Has
been 63 several times this month. Not good for July.

Old July 25th 09, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nan

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:27:08 -0500, "Granby" wrote:

Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
else?

snipped

Nope, trolls are like cockroaches. They could live through a nuclear
attack.

Hugs and purrs,

Nan and the furkids
Old July 25th 09, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

wrote:
MLB wrote:

Wayne Mitchell wrote:

"Granby" wrote:

Is there any hope that global warming will kill off trolls before anything
else?

Well, here in New England this summer, anything that lived under the
bridge has long-since been swept away.

(We got two more inches of rain today.)

And here in the West we are having triple digit weather. Best wishes. MLB

Here in the west-of-the-west, we are having an unseasonably cold summer,
punctuated by occasional days of high heat and humidity. It's actually
pleasant weather (well, for someone like me, anyway - I get uncomfortable
when the temp goes over 75F/24C). But my tomato plant doesn't seem to
like it. It's growing very slowly and I'm not sure it will ever flower,
much less produce sweet fruit.

I love the question of whether global warming will kill off trolls.
Unfortunately, I think trolls are too nasty to be easily killed.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my doctor, so was able to see the
"out" again. We are having very high temps ( 98 to 103) but there is
still snow on the mountain tops. I remember one year this happened and
we got an early fall snow before the old snow had disappeared.TuTu
enjoys lying outside on the enclosed patio and only comes in to snack or
"potty".

MLB
Old July 25th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
tanadashoes

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 12:57 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:

Cook in dutch oven or crock pot

Would this work in a slow cooker? What sort of meat?

Lesley

The considering doing this recipe Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

**********************

I make something similar that I do cook in the crock pot. I use beef broth
or bullion as part of the water and set it up to cook all day. Beef works
best, I usually use either a chuck or rump roast. A tougher roast works
really well. I know someone who used deer, but I haven't the courage.

Pam S.

Old July 25th 09, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,alt.cats
tanadashoes

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I just did a choice beef eye of round with potatoes, onions and celery, one
can of beef broth and 2 cups of water, in my brand new seven quart crock
pot... it was 4.5 pounds and long enough that DH had to cut it in half. i
cooked it from frozen, 4 hours on high then overnight on low until it
reached the majical temp... i was going to say what DH picked but we went
for 200 internal temp for a hope at a more tender roast. I also make beef
top round and beef bottom round roast this way in the crock pot. the key
to this is just enough water and a very long cooking time. have also done
pork roast this way but put in pineapple onion and green peppers for the
flavoring, in that case the juice from the canned pineapple and 2 cups
water does it.

Lee who only cooks in the crock and steamer

We use similar recipes for our Beef pot roasts. The pork one looks really
good BTW. I'll have to try it.

Pam S

love cats? gluiz Cats - misc 1 March 30th 07 12:07 AM
I love my Cats Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL \) Cat anecdotes 16 March 14th 06 11:40 AM
How can you love some cats, but not all? KellyH Cat health & behaviour 139 April 7th 05 04:44 AM
If you love cats, you'll love this site The Cat Album Cat health & behaviour 0 December 18th 04 12:15 PM
I love cats Sara Cat anecdotes 10 November 4th 04 11:47 AM