Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 22nd 03, 03:45 AM
Sherry

No I didn't miss it.

You took a sentence out of context.

The cat didn't die due to the extreme medical
condition he mentioned. Its death was as a result
of drowning.

I asked about what the vet said and did about
the condition the cat had before it died.

And for what purpose do you need this information? To flame the poster some
more? Sheesh.

Sherry
Old July 22nd 03, 01:11 PM
Cheryl

"Sherry " wrote in message
No I didn't miss it.

You took a sentence out of context.

I left that sentence because it had no purpose asked after the fact other
than to use it to flame the poster more.

And for what purpose do you need this information? To flame the poster

some
more? Sheesh.

Sherry

Exactly.

Old July 22nd 03, 06:15 PM
Cat Protector

I did offer advice and the OP threw it back in my face. Don't make me the
bad guy here.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
wrote in message

Cathy probably did more to help other cats in that person's care than you
did. She was willing to give advice without condeming the person. I find
people are a lot more likely to listen to advice when it's not given with
a you suck attitude.

And honestly CP, while this poster isn't willing ot go the lengths you say
you are willing to go, she/he's still giving pretty good care for her
cats. She/he may not be along the level that you claim to be, but trust
me, she/he's at least caring enough to try to get a solution that works
for her and the cats. Some people won't even do that. Trust me, I've met
them, I work at a pet store. These are kinds of people you won't see on
this newsgroup cause frankly, they could care less, it's jsut a cat. They
wouldn't spend a dime trying to make their pool more safe and if the cat
dies, ****it, they can just get another one. They probably wouldn't spend
a time to save the cat from an illness, cheaper to get another one, it's
just a cat.

You want to spit venom at people, CP.. there are people a lot more
deserving of it than this lady who at least shows she cares. How about
spitting venom at the lady who was feeding her GSD (I say was cause I'm
hoping she gave the dog to some one else) 1 cup of food a day (1/3 the
amount a dog that size should get). Or the lady putting her cat int he
shelter cause it peed on her couch once (she wasn't worried about it
peeing again, I tried to give her suggestions on what it could be and how
it could be prevented again, she cut me off with a "I don't care").

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.

Old July 22nd 03, 06:15 PM
Cat Protector

wrote in message

Cathy probably did more to help other cats in that person's care than you
did. She was willing to give advice without condeming the person. I find
people are a lot more likely to listen to advice when it's not given with
a you suck attitude.

And honestly CP, while this poster isn't willing ot go the lengths you say
you are willing to go, she/he's still giving pretty good care for her
cats. She/he may not be along the level that you claim to be, but trust
me, she/he's at least caring enough to try to get a solution that works
for her and the cats. Some people won't even do that. Trust me, I've met
them, I work at a pet store. These are kinds of people you won't see on
this newsgroup cause frankly, they could care less, it's jsut a cat. They
wouldn't spend a dime trying to make their pool more safe and if the cat
dies, ****it, they can just get another one. They probably wouldn't spend
a time to save the cat from an illness, cheaper to get another one, it's
just a cat.

You want to spit venom at people, CP.. there are people a lot more
deserving of it than this lady who at least shows she cares. How about
spitting venom at the lady who was feeding her GSD (I say was cause I'm
hoping she gave the dog to some one else) 1 cup of food a day (1/3 the
amount a dog that size should get). Or the lady putting her cat int he
shelter cause it peed on her couch once (she wasn't worried about it
peeing again, I tried to give her suggestions on what it could be and how
it could be prevented again, she cut me off with a "I don't care").

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.

Old July 22nd 03, 09:10 PM
Tlg064

CatProtector Wrote

Oh yeah Cathy. Take his side and allow even more lives to be lost. I guess

when it comes to cats I feel that I must do what I can to protect them despite
what anyone else thinks. Yes, I see it only one way. I value their lives.

I think this incident with the swimming pool is a clear reminder that cats
should be kept indoors and if they have to be outside watched closely or
have them on a leash and harness. I know that amongst the group here these days
that is not a popular idea.

I did offer advice and the OP threw it back in my face. Don't make me the bad
guy here. Blah Blah Blah

Will you get over it. I did not throw anything back in anyones face. Not every
situation conforms to your dream land. You just cant take it when someone else
does not see something exactly your way. Then you whine. You make it sound like
your some kind of cat God and only you know whats right for them and only you
know how to treat them right and as for the rest of us we dont have the brains
to take care of a cat and we mistreat them. . You think your going to save the
world or something. Maybe go down in history. Get real. Go F yourself.

When I open my door to come in and my 4 cats race to the door to meet me I know
I must be doing something right.

Tom

Old July 23rd 03, 07:05 AM
Liz

Cats aren't known for their aquatic abilities.
More likely to drown, than "swim". That's pretty basic.
If I had a cat, and a pool, and saw it drinking from the pool,
I would immediately worry about what would happen should the
cat fall in.

Cats definitively do not like swimming but they swim wonderfully. I
suppose you've never seen a cat fall in a pool. I've seen it many
times. I've had cats and a pool for 12 years, almost 13. Never had an
incident. The cat falls in and FLIES out. You'd be amazed at how well
they swim and how they simply JUMP out of the water - they are not
clumsy swimmers like dogs. I suspect this cat had some stroke and fell
in, otherwise, even having weak back legs, she would have gotten out
very easily.

Old July 24th 03, 04:24 AM
Cat Protector

I see you are still in denial even after I quoted your posts time and time.
I can take it if someone's opinion differs from mine. What I can't take is
when we all offered you great suggestions and you threw it back in some of
our faces and decided against taking future precautions because it was in
your words "too much trouble."

I think what you are trying to do here is basically make me the bad guy now
to take the heat off you. I guess you can't admit that you have real problem
with people giving you advice. You still never answered my question again
though which leads me to believe you are avoiding it. How many lives will it
take before you take the necessary safety precautions? Also, why did you ask
for people's advice or suggestions in the first post if you had no intention
on listening to them?

As for your post about saving the world, I can do my best to save my corner
of it as well as help out cats that need it. I will keep helping cats no
matter what you think. Now, lets see if you can possibly pass up this post
so we can kill thread because the horse is ready to be buried.