Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 18th 03, 09:16 PM
Karen Chuplis

"Tlg064" wrote in message
Ok so EVERYONE here knows all the answers. And yes I am a step below all

of you
as I am being referred to as "this human". I am in fact human.

I dont ever remember be-littling this cats death beacause it was a stray.

And
dont any of you morons tell me I should have kept her in. When she first

came
she was quite scared of people. Obviously had been abused and was

neglected.
She would "sneak" into the house and steal something to eat from my other

cats
bowls and scramble back to the door and practically break through the

glass
trying to get back out. She was a streetwise outdoors cat and there was

not a
thing I or any of you know-it-all geniuses could have done to change

that. She
was scary and vicious. Later she was hell bent on having her kitten

outside and
it cost me quite a few scratches to get her to have the litter indoors. It

was
also quite a challenge getting her to the vet the first couple of times.

Did I
need all this **** from a stray cat? Maybe when she went back out the

first
time she entered my home I should not have ever let her back in because I

was
not going to fight with her to keep her in the house at all times. Should

have
told her to get lost. Chased her away with a stick. Right? I think most

people
would have in fact turned her away because of her temperment. I went above

and
beyond the call of duty and with grueling patience on my part gave this

cat a
great life. Much better than she would have had otherwise.

As far as the pool and all your crap about people in Calfornia setting up

the
golden gates to access their pools (for the sake of their pets not to

impress
their friends) its all fantasy. I had the pool long before the cat. My

pool
will remain easily accessible to me and any animals that venture near it.

No
fences, clear walls or covers. Here it the northeast USA we only get 2

months
of the year to use the pool. I'll be dambed if every time I enter or

leave the
pool or anytime I have to work on it I'm going to deal with a 32ft long

cover.
Next you will all be telling me that I should take down the pool in that

case.
Not gonna happen.

If the California and Golden Gates remark was to ME, I had some friends in
FLORIDA that set up POOL fences and it was simply an offer of advice of what
OTHER people I KNOW actual DO to protect pets from the pool. Jeez. I wasn't
mad until now, but now I am ****ED that my suggestions are flung back at me
like this. I did nothing but offer condolences and try to offer some advice
and your flying off the handle at EVERYONE over two other posters is rude
and insulting to the rest of us. I'm quite certain you feel bad about the
incident and that is part of this temper tantrum but I read many posts
offering you REAL advice and we don't deserve this diatribe. Jeez. Try to be
helpful and look what you get. All I can say is I hope you do something and
it works.

Good bye

Karen

Old July 18th 03, 09:30 PM
Cat Protector

You most certainly did belittle the cat's death by shrugging her off simply
because she was a stray. You may have buried this cat, given her shots and
such but you did not go above and beyond the call of duty here. I saw what
you posted and now even after a cat dies you still wish to live in ignorance
and not learn a lesson to prevent future occurrences. I think that is pretty
selfish that you would risk another life simply to make things easier for
you. I felt really bad for you on the first post and even offered
suggestions when you asked for them. Now I don't feel sad for you anymore
but I do feel sad for the cat.

As for you in saying in the story below how most people would have chased
her away because of her temperament, I find that hard to believe. Some
people might but you could have taken her to a no-kill facility if she was
that much of a burden to you. BTW, in answer to your post below on how I
just talk ****. How wrong you are. I am involved in rescuing cats and my
Isis in fact was picked up as a stray originally before I adopted her. She
is not only a great kitty but she also is a member of my family just like my
second cat Jade who I rescued from an abandoned apartment last summer that
had no power, and she hardly had food or water. She also had a disgustingly
dirty litterbox as well. Let's not forget another cat I rescued named Ali
who was declawed and left outside because the people moved away and dumped
him. When I rescued him even the slightest movement set him off so there was
clearly abuse there but there were brief moments he showed what a wonderful
sweet kitty he was. I took him to Sun Valley Animal Shelter the next day and
for months they rehabilitated him and they too saw how sweet he was like
actually putting his paws on you and giving a hug. He now apparently has a
good home and the people absolutely love him.

I find it disgusting that you would put yourself on a pedestal because you
did a few good things and then decide because the cat was a stray her life
was less valuable. Then above it all you decide a pool is more important
than a life. Sure you could buy a pool cover, keep your cats indoors and of
course take the advice of some of the others who offered great suggestions
to keep this from occuring again but of course you seem to value the
material over a life. Tell me this. If you were drowning or in a life and
death situation would you want someone to save you or would you want them to
say "sorry. I'd save you but it'd be inconvenient do so because there is
nothing in it for me." Or how about if someone said "I'd save you but you
might bleed all over my new carpeting." Also what if someone said they
couldn't save you because they simply didn't have the time. This cat that
drowned had nobody around to save her life. Or is there more to this story
than just finding her body in the pool? Regardless, you could save another
life by doing some very simple things like getting a pool cover, keeping the
cats indoors, etc. I can tell by your last posts that even that is too much
for you. Pretty shameful you don't wish to learn from this lesson and
possibly save another life simply because you put more value on the
material. I would think that a life would be priceless but of course some
people such as yourself feel a life does have a price. I hope you will
remember your selfeshness and posts here the next time you need help and
nobody answers your call. Remember, what goes around comes around.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Tlg064" wrote in message
[...]

So you can claim to be a CatProtector but I'll bet that when push comes to
shove you can talk **** a lot but would not have put the effort into

taming
this stray as I did.

Tom

Old July 18th 03, 09:32 PM
Cat Protector

I didn't have any personal issue with anyone in this thread either but I
can't help but be angry at this poster who valued the pool more than the
poor feline who probably struggled to get out of it but could not. My heart
goes out to this feline.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"J~" wrote in message ...
Let me just say, I have no personal issue with any one in this group, I
think most of us were just trying to help prevent another accident with
your pool.

Things happen and you learn and move on from it.... you hope

J~

Old July 18th 03, 09:42 PM
Cat Protector

I live in Arizona where drownings seem to be a regular occurance because
people either fail to cover their pools or don't watch the young ones around
water. I too am upset with OP's attitude after this incident happened. We
all pretty much offered some great tips only to have it flung back at us.
Even if the poster was upset, his true colors seem to come out when he said
the cat was just a stray. Showed that despite a few good deeds how selfish
he really was. What was worse he decided to fling at me that I'd probably do
nothing to rescue this cat. How wrong he is since I am a big cat lover and
have actually gotten involved with helping them. Cat Galaxy and Panther TEK
are proof of that. I am not trying to advertise here but I figured I'd give
two examples so the OP could see that large sneaker or perhaps boot in his
mouth.

Old July 18th 03, 09:59 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Tlg064" wrote in message
Oh and buy the way Rona. Took the day out of work today to give the cat a
proper burial. Just got done. She will now rest in a beautiful flower bed

that
she used to sleep in a lot. It is about 8ft from the pool and I went and

bought
her a solar light to light the spot at nite.

Tom

I've been thinking a lot about what I said, and I just want to apologize for
my tone. I was imagining the fear that cat must have experienced before
drowning, and it hurt. However, I am trying to believe that one should
concentrate on the good rather than the bad, and that one should concentrate
on one's own actions, rather that on the actions of others. Although I do
not agree with your stance on pool safety, if I am concentrating on the
good, I must say thank you for taking care of the cat while she was alive,
and for giving her a proper burial. Not everyone would have done either of
those things, and in fact, many would have done much worse. And while I
wish you would reconsider your position on fencing or otherwise, I cannot
control your actions or decisions so I cannot judge them, either.

rona (with no sarcasm whatsoever)

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."