Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 18th 03, 09:59 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

"Tlg064" wrote in message
Oh and buy the way Rona. Took the day out of work today to give the cat a
proper burial. Just got done. She will now rest in a beautiful flower bed

that
she used to sleep in a lot. It is about 8ft from the pool and I went and

bought
her a solar light to light the spot at nite.

Tom

I've been thinking a lot about what I said, and I just want to apologize for
my tone. I was imagining the fear that cat must have experienced before
drowning, and it hurt. However, I am trying to believe that one should
concentrate on the good rather than the bad, and that one should concentrate
on one's own actions, rather that on the actions of others. Although I do
not agree with your stance on pool safety, if I am concentrating on the
good, I must say thank you for taking care of the cat while she was alive,
and for giving her a proper burial. Not everyone would have done either of
those things, and in fact, many would have done much worse. And while I
wish you would reconsider your position on fencing or otherwise, I cannot
control your actions or decisions so I cannot judge them, either.

rona (with no sarcasm whatsoever)

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."

Old July 18th 03, 10:25 PM
Tlg064

catprotector wrote
You most certainly did belittle the cat's death by shrugging her off simply

because she was a stray

I'm sorry. I just looked thru every post made here on this matter and I simply
do not see where I said anything even close to suggesting that this was only a
stray and its no big deal. If someone can find it repost it and throw it in my
face. I feel quite bad about the cat. Bad enough that I did not go to work
today.

Some people might but you could have taken her to a no-kill facility if she

was that much of a burden to you.

There we go again. Since the start of this post people have been putting words
in my mouth or judging me without knowing the facts. I looked thru the posts
and cannot find where I ever stated the cat was a burden to me. I am a cat
lover. That is why I have 4 others. Looking across the hallway at this moment
all four are sleeping on my bed three of which are piled up on top of each
other like kittens do. Cant get any happier than that. I would say they are
quite content here.

This cat that drowned had nobody around to save her life. Or is there more to

this story than just finding her body in the pool?

No clue what you implying or getting at there. Explain

I apologize To Karen and some of the others and even Rona that I may have
inadvertently lashed out at. It seems that right from the start I was being
made the bad guy from almost the whole group and blamed for the cats death so
in turn I just said what I had to say without really paying attention to who
said what and what their attitude was. I'm still being made out to be the bad
guy. I explained why the cat was not kept indoors and nobody gets it. What was
I supposed to do? Give it tranquilizers to keep it from screaming at the door
so I could sleep at night.

As far as the pool I simply cannot see myself spending thousands to put up
fences and walls around the pool and modifying my deck to accomodate gates.
Even if I did - I have to feel like I'm in jail when I'm in the pool? Now I
know someone out there is gonna throw up the fact that I mentioned money.

Had the cat been younger and not having trouble with her hind legs she probably
never would have fallen into the pool in the first place. Lets face it. The cat
probably had more of a chance of getting killed in my car in an accident on the
way to the vet than it did of drowning in the pool. Should I not have taken her
to the vet to be spayed and such because of that possibility? That is what I
meant by life is full of dangers for both man and beast.

Tom

Old July 18th 03, 11:30 PM
Cat Protector

Those in denial will often forget what they said. Here is an excerpt from
one of your posts:

" Did I need all this **** from a stray cat? Maybe when she went back out
the first
time she entered my home I should not have ever let her back in because I
was
not going to fight with her to keep her in the house at all times. Should
have
told her to get lost. Chased her away with a stick. Right? I think most
people
would have in fact turned her away because of her temperment. I went above
and
beyond the call of duty and with grueling patience on my part gave this cat
great life. Much better than she would have had otherwise"

Those were your words not ours. In fact you considered her a problem in
almost every one of your posts. You also sought our help and said the
following in your first post.

"She was a stray I took in 6 or seven years ago and getting up there in age
and having a little
trouble walking. I cant bear the thought of the cat frantically fighting to
get out of the pool after she fell in."

If you couldn't bear the thought then, how come you are shrugging things off
now by refusing to do some very simple things to prevent this tragedy from
happening again so you won't have to bear the thought. I felt really bad for
your loss on the first post but then you did an about-face, slammed people
for posting suggestions and then pretty much stated that you don't see much
point in getting a pool cover or even keeping the cats indoors. I have to
wonder how many more incidents such as this drowning will take before you
are awakened?

You ask why you should spend the money to modify the pool for safety? Simply
put, as many of us have tried to repeat to you again and again, so drownings
like this can be prevented in the future. You have a choice. Learn from this
lesson and take precautions now or go through the same thing again where
another life is lost. Surely saving a life is worth the money? Of course
after reading your posts I have doubts you care as much as you keep stating
you do. If you really care, prove us wrong by taking the steps to ensure the
safety of cats everywhere. Be bold enough to say you care.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old July 18th 03, 11:53 PM
Sherry

catprotector wrote
You most certainly did belittle the cat's death by shrugging her off simply

because she was a stray

I'm sorry. I just looked thru every post made here on this matter and I
simply
do not see where I said anything even close to suggesting that this was only
stray and its no big deal. If someone can find it repost it and throw it in
my
face. I feel quite bad about the cat. Bad enough that I did not go to work
today.

Ignore CP. He reads the first three lines of a post then starts writing stupid
replies. He appears now to be stuck in a loop posting the same thing multiple
times. If you want to debate the issue, you'll be better served to address
*anybody* else. Else you'll end up banging your head against a wall.

Sherry

Old July 19th 03, 12:23 AM
Tlg064

Well cat protector. Clearly you do not understand what you read. The response
of mine you quoted was in response to why I was letting the cat out which I
think I explained quite clearly. Did I need That **** from a stray cat? No. I
did not even ask for the cat. It would seem though that in your eyes I am a
monster and should have turned the cat away. But I did not. I went the distance
in her best interest and because I love cats.Now go back and read what I said
over and over untill you understand it. Read between the lines till you
comprehend it.

Maybe this will help

When the cat came in my yard it was clear that she needed a home and I could
see that she was pregnant. I made up my mind that I would do whatever it takes
to make sure there was not a homeless litter of kittens born in the wild. But I
simply could not control her desire to go out. I did the best I could. Turns
out she was carrying only one kitten which I kept and she loves it here.

Instead of making multiple posts I will say "Thank You Matt"!!! At least
someones here does not think I am a Monster. It would also seem that other
posters, Sherry and arjun , who is probably more familiar with the group does
not think to highly of you.

Whats your name anyway? It seems your posts simply end with some product or
service that you are pushing. Is that the reason you post so much - to
advertise. Im not biting

Tom