Cat Drowned In Pool

Old July 19th 03, 02:04 AM
Cat Protector

Apparently she did say usefulness. But of course even seeing my mistake,
there really is no call for name calling like she did after my last post.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Cheryl" wrote in message
"k" wrote in message
om...

So, what did the vet say about her condition, what tests did he run,
what medication was prescribed?

In case you missed it, the cat died.

Alright, so some feel the need to keep harping on the fact that a cat
died. Yes, it is sad. It is also sad when a cat gets hit by a car
but I don't see you guys going on and on about what that cat was
thinking when it was laying on the side of the road dying. These
threads always seem to go on to oblivion and some posters more than
others. This thread has lost its usefulness on me and probably other
people, too so it's time for it to be plonked. I see some posters who
will be, too. Life is too short to keep reading the same **** from
the same people over and over again. In fact, whenever I see "died"
or "dead" or anything like it in the subject, I am exercising my
choice to ignore it. You guys go ahead and exercise your choice to
play high and mighty. It's getting old. Fast.

Old July 19th 03, 02:10 AM
Cheryl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message

BTW, why do you have to resort to name calling
over one little mistake.

HELLO? One?

Old July 19th 03, 02:23 AM

Cat Protector wrote:

Those were your words not ours. In fact you considered her a problem in
almost every one of your posts. You also sought our help and said the
following in your first post.

Some one needs to learn how to read sarcasm. I mean I've been accused of
taking things too literally and totally missing the sarcasm many times and
even I could see those words dripped with sarcasm.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old July 19th 03, 02:23 AM

Cat Protector wrote:

Those were your words not ours. In fact you considered her a problem in
almost every one of your posts. You also sought our help and said the
following in your first post.

Some one needs to learn how to read sarcasm. I mean I've been accused of
taking things too literally and totally missing the sarcasm many times and
even I could see those words dripped with sarcasm.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
|\ _,,,---,,_ Tigress
/,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ http://havoc.gtf.gatech.edu/tigress
|,4- ) )-,_..;\ ( `'-'
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.
Old July 19th 03, 04:47 AM
MacCandace

I went above and beyond the call of duty and with grueling patience on my
part gave this cat a
great life. Much better than she would have had otherwise.

I think it's very sad that the poor kitty drowned and, yes, I agree it's safer
(in the US anyway) for cats to be indoors only...but I also have a stray cat
situation (in addition to my indoor cats) usually and I generally wind up
leaving most of them as outdoor cats with good care otherwise and, sadly,
eventually something seems to happen to most of them. Something bad. Not
drowning but dogs, cars, etc. Therefore, I will not judge the OP. Let's face
it, the world is full of unwanted cats, unfortunately, and even a cat who has a
decent outdoor home with food, vet care, and love is better off than the
majority of poor, unwanted cats. Maybe not the ideal life but better than
homelessness, starvation, rampant disease, immediate death, etc. And most of
them live a fine life until the unspeakable occurs. **** happens, sadly.
Everyone can only do the best they can do and maybe he cannot take an infinite
number of cats inside, for whatever reasons. I don't feel I can either but the
strays keep showing up.

All this being said...I live in AZ where there are a ton of pools and I don't
personally know of any cats who drowned in these pools. One of my friends had
her elderly dog die in her pool and that was horrible but she had someone
babysitting the dog while she was on vacation and they, obviously, were not
attentive enough. It made me really sad that Skeeter died in this way but most
deaths are sad and some are worse than others.

But what I was going to say, was that no one I know of has a pool cover...other
than a boyfriend I had back in the 80s. He had one for the cleanliness issue
and the thing was a pain in the ass. It also had some safety issues itself.
One of the warnings was that if someone or something managed to fall into the
pool along the edges (which is where you'd fall in if you were falling in,
obviously), they could easily become trapped under the cover and not be able to
get out. As long as you fell on top of the cover, you were okay, it would
support your weight, but if you slipped in underneath the edges, you were a
goner. Maybe the covers have changed in the last 20 years but that thing gave
me the creeps. He had an elderly mom living with him at the time who was
unsteady on her feet, at times, and I had visions that she would take a tumble
in there and get caught underneath. She didn't but I don't think they're a
sure thing in preventing tragedies. And they are definitely a hassle.

Now there are rodents, birds, lizards, other small animals that drown in these
pools and that is sad, too, so technically no one should have a pool. I don't,
but I can see where people would like to have one and for them to all have
covers so that a mouse doesn't fall in every few years seems impractical.
Especially in AZ, where you could use them everyday of the year. It seems more
like what happened to the OP was kind of a freak accident and who can account
for every unusual thing that can occur? He could have had a pool cover and the
cat could have drowned in the toilet instead or hung itself on the venetian
blind cord or any number of wierd things not thought of. I think we should
just feel sad for the cat and the OP and be thankful that the cat did have some
happy times and love in her life prior to her untimely demise.

Rest in peace, kitty.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

Old July 19th 03, 07:35 AM
Cat Protector

Well at least you know how to count.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Cheryl" wrote in message

HELLO? One?

Old July 19th 03, 07:35 AM
Cat Protector

Well at least you know how to count.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Cheryl" wrote in message

HELLO? One?

Old July 19th 03, 07:41 AM
Cat Protector

Candace I felt bad for the OP on the very first post but when we made
suggestions on taking precautions to prevent this from happening again he
lashed out at all of us and then proceeded to state the reasons why he won't
use any of the suggestions like it being to restrictive or simply didn't
want to take the time. I feel really bad the cat died in this manner.
However, another life can be saved just by keeping cats indoors or
supervising them closely if they have to go outside. I have pretty much said
all I can say on this topic because it is obvious to me that the OP does not
want to hear any of our suggestions even though they asked for our advice in
the first post.