OT I just didn't know

Old May 23rd 04, 06:05 AM
Takayuki

"Marina" wrote:

I knew someone who had, not one but two free-range pythons in her home. I
never visited her, but she told me they would somettimes hang out above a
doorway and drop down on people when they walked through (umm, wonder why I
never visited her?). I don't know if this is true or if she was having me
on. Seems to me that people who have snakes like to dwell on how dangerous
they are. Personally, I don't quite understand the mindset.

We all like to dwell on what a deadly hunter Nikki is.

Old May 28th 04, 08:56 PM
Christopher Havlicek

Marina wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote

snip

That's probably why a cat will whap a
spider, but hiss and growl at a scorpion.

Ahem, could you tell my cats that they are supposed to whap spiders?
snip

Hmph. Not that I like
dead spiders any better than live ones.

Hi Marina -

I'd be happy to loan you Katie, or even Tripper...though I'm sure
customs would have issues about that... And you wouldn't even have
to worry about dead ones when they were done... Katie is death on
*any* bug that comes in the house, and feels that they make perfectly
good snacks, too... I have had to talk to her about cicadas, though.
We're up to 7 live, in the house, that she's brought in from the deck.
She drops them, then watches them crawl around for awhile before she
decides to eat or play with them.

I don't really mind the noise they make, but when it's *in* the
house, right next to you, and *loud*, it's more than slightly
disconcerting...

Purrs-

Chris

Old May 29th 04, 11:24 AM
Jean P Hobbs

Hi I'm back for however long it lasts, Tanada you reminded me about when
we came to Australia, we were told what we could and could not bring,
and stuffed toys and such were* out* Being as I had two sons their toys
were mostly metal, as in cars and such, but Philip still had his favourite
Teddy
Bear, I explained the best way I could, and told him we would leave it
with my best friend for her kids. As he grew up he often teased me about not
letting him bring his Teddy to Australia. Well he was five then, when he was
a married man and expecting their first child at 31 my my friend finally got
to visit me, we'd written to each other all that time and guess what ? that
lovely Lady brought Phil a surprise gift- of his old Teddy -Brenda had put
it away
in a cupboard. He was blown away, and said 'you know Mam I never forgave you
for leaving Teddy behind. Sadly my friend died two years later, but when I
went Englandin 98 her sister and children*grown* gave a party for me and her
sister Pat took me to see her Grave, I always looked on Brenda as an angel,
and thats what she will definately be now sorry if I rambled on Jean p.

Tanada wrote in message
link.net...

Sherry wrote:

Oh, Lordy, Theresa. When my daughter was 4, my father brought her two

baby
goats. I'm quite sure he was annebriated at the time. Anyhoo, the goats,

Nancy
and Cathy. She loved those goats. Problem was, they ate anything and
everything, and loved to stand on top of my car. I had a chance to give

them
away one day, and did. It's the one thing that kid never forgave me for.

She is
27 and STILL throws it up at me. I can't wait till she has children.
Sherry

Buy them a couple of goats?

Pam S. understanding