OT I just didn't know

Old May 19th 04, 05:18 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Happened to me one time in Germany at a petting zoo. I was feeding the
goats (sheep and a few burros), and I thought they were all in front of me.
These were pygmy goats, so I was bending over some, and all of a sudden -
BOOM - another one got me from behind - sneaky li'l buggar. Thing was
helped by the fact that I was standing in a ditch at the base of a hill, and
my back was to the hill. The rest of the goats were in front of me (and I
almost landed on them ), on the pathway that led through the zoo, some of
them trying to climb up ME to get to the food. I guess that's why I was
bent over - so they wouldn't climb me with their sharp hooves. My mother
just about had a conniption fit, she was laughing so hard.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
news
On 19 May 2004 15:22:22 GMT, itty (Sherry ) yodeled:

I have great affection for goats. I think they're great. I'm sorry
to hear about abandoned goats (or anything else for that matter).

Theresa

Oh, Lordy, Theresa. When my daughter was 4, my father brought her two

baby
goats. I'm quite sure he was annebriated at the time. Anyhoo, the goats,

Nancy
and Cathy. She loved those goats. Problem was, they ate anything and
everything, and loved to stand on top of my car.

Yeah, they'll do that.

I had a chance to give them
away one day, and did. It's the one thing that kid never forgave me for.

She is
27 and STILL throws it up at me. I can't wait till she has children.
Sherry

Oh, I am sorry. But they do have some endearing qualities. Also, I
find it amazing that whenever somebody is silly enough to bend over
around them, they know what to do. They've all either read the Goat
Manual, or seen a lot of cartoons.

Theresa
My Blog:
http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com

Old May 19th 04, 05:36 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 19 May 2004 16:18:19 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
yodeled:

Happened to me one time in Germany at a petting zoo. I was feeding the
goats (sheep and a few burros), and I thought they were all in front of me.
These were pygmy goats,

She said to them before, "Go over there and distract her!"

so I was bending over some, and all of a sudden -
BOOM - another one got me from behind - sneaky li'l buggar. Thing was
helped by the fact that I was standing in a ditch at the base of a hill, and
my back was to the hill. The rest of the goats were in front of me (and I
almost landed on them ), on the pathway that led through the zoo, some of
them trying to climb up ME to get to the food. I guess that's why I was
bent over - so they wouldn't climb me with their sharp hooves. My mother
just about had a conniption fit, she was laughing so hard.

Me too. Thanks for the image.

Theresa

Old May 19th 04, 07:56 PM
Tanada

Sherry wrote:

Oh, Lordy, Theresa. When my daughter was 4, my father brought her two baby
goats. I'm quite sure he was annebriated at the time. Anyhoo, the goats, Nancy
and Cathy. She loved those goats. Problem was, they ate anything and
everything, and loved to stand on top of my car. I had a chance to give them
away one day, and did. It's the one thing that kid never forgave me for. She is
27 and STILL throws it up at me. I can't wait till she has children.
Sherry

Buy them a couple of goats?

Pam S. understanding

Old May 20th 04, 01:37 AM
Victor Martinez

Sherry wrote:
The thing I don't understand is ferrets. If someone here has ferrets, maybe
they can enlighten me. But they are so cat-like. Why not just get a cat?

They are soooo cute!!!! I'd love to have one, but you-know-who won't let
me...
They're supposed to be de-scented when they're neutered. I think they're
adorable.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 20th 04, 03:13 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Sherry wrote:

I guess cats aren't curious, pesty, destructive, fast-moving and
intrusive enough for them.

Theresa

That's kind of my impression...and the ones I know are um....smelly. Maybe the
owner doesn't take care of them right, but their whole house smells like the
ferrets.

Well, a house where cats are not properly cared for can smell pretty
"ripe", too!

Old May 20th 04, 04:08 AM
Sherry

Buy them a couple of goats?