Best fridge magnet ever

Old September 28th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default Best fridge magnet ever

Mark Edwards wrote:
A friend sent me this in email this morning. During breakfast. It may
take me a week to get the Cheerios out of my sinuses (big grin):

http://tinyurl.com/e7p9o

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

ROFL!! I'm really glad I read your cheerio warning and put my tea
down before opening the link! I'm perpetually having to fend Nina off
if I leave the fridge door open for more than a nanosecond.

Good luck with the Cheerio-ectomy!

Melissa

Old September 28th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

ROFL!! I'm really glad I read your cheerio warning and put my tea
down before opening the link! I'm perpetually having to fend Nina off
if I leave the fridge door open for more than a nanosecond.

Good luck with the Cheerio-ectomy!

Melissa

Just curious - how many of us have ever had to remove kitties from the
refrigerator? I have to always try to fend Ranger off when the door is
open, and a couple times I've had to get him off the lower shelf in the
frig.

How about clothes dryers? Harri Roadcat and Ranger are both dryer
kitties, with Ranger appearing to he the dryering champ.

And how many of your kitties like to ride on shoulders? Amelia was my
first shouldering kitty, but Tabitha and Harri learned pretty quickly,
and Ranger sometimes takes a turn as well.

Dan
Old September 28th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

"Dan M" wrote in message
ROFL!! I'm really glad I read your cheerio warning and put my tea
down before opening the link! I'm perpetually having to fend Nina off
if I leave the fridge door open for more than a nanosecond.

Good luck with the Cheerio-ectomy!

Melissa

Just curious - how many of us have ever had to remove kitties from the
refrigerator? I have to always try to fend Ranger off when the door is
open, and a couple times I've had to get him off the lower shelf in the
frig.

How about clothes dryers? Harri Roadcat and Ranger are both dryer
kitties, with Ranger appearing to he the dryering champ.

And how many of your kitties like to ride on shoulders? Amelia was my
first shouldering kitty, but Tabitha and Harri learned pretty quickly,
and Ranger sometimes takes a turn as well.

Dan

I actually used to have to check the fridge for missing kittens when we had
them and INDEED found a missing kit there one day (he'd only been missing a
short while, we were constantly doing head counts.).

Old September 28th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Dan M" wrote in message
ROFL!! I'm really glad I read your cheerio warning and put my tea
down before opening the link! I'm perpetually having to fend Nina off
if I leave the fridge door open for more than a nanosecond.

Good luck with the Cheerio-ectomy!

Melissa

Just curious - how many of us have ever had to remove kitties from the
refrigerator? I have to always try to fend Ranger off when the door is
open, and a couple times I've had to get him off the lower shelf in the
frig.

How about clothes dryers? Harri Roadcat and Ranger are both dryer kitties,
with Ranger appearing to he the dryering champ.

And how many of your kitties like to ride on shoulders? Amelia was my
first shouldering kitty, but Tabitha and Harri learned pretty quickly, and
Ranger sometimes takes a turn as well.

Dan

One thing most of us have learned is never to say "my cat would never do
that"

I'm going to have to post pictures of the giant litter box across the
street. Its all we can do to get our two to come in for meals and to sleep.

Jo

Old September 29th 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Dan M wrote:

Just curious - how many of us have ever had to remove kitties from the
refrigerator? I have to always try to fend Ranger off when the door is
open, and a couple times I've had to get him off the lower shelf in the
frig.

As I think I've mentioned a few times now ;o) Caliban comes hurtling and
*hurls* himself into the fridge whenever I open it. I've had to remove
him countless times. Miranda does it too, but she's more polite about
it; she puts a paw on the lower shelf and sticks her nose in, but does
not walk in completely.

How about clothes dryers? Harri Roadcat and Ranger are both dryer
kitties, with Ranger appearing to he the dryering champ.

I use the building's washer facilities, so no dryer in my flat.

And how many of your kitties like to ride on shoulders? Amelia was my
first shouldering kitty, but Tabitha and Harri learned pretty quickly,
and Ranger sometimes takes a turn as well.

Nikki used to like to ride on shoulders. Caliban tries to get up on my
shoulder, but he's just too big. He usually ends up hanging over my
shoulder, back to front, with his front legs dangling along my back.
Miranda just uses me to climb up where she wants to go, she doesn't stay.

Old September 29th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Marina wrote:
Dan M wrote:

[...]

It really puts your place in the cosmos in perspective when you
suddenly realize you're just a stepstool for your cat, doesn't it? =o)
Nina is a lap cat, Francesca will lie on my chest when I'm in bed or
reclined in my chair, but Pan was my shoulder cat. I'll miss him sorely
this winter. Not that I haven't missed the little sweetie since he
crossed the bridge. Sigh.. it's already almost been six months. He was
such a quiet, benevolent presence in his later years.

I don't have a washer-dryer in my apartment either, so I haven't had to
worry about that. If I did have them, I'm sure the cats would check
them out. Nina LOVES to play on the great hill of warm clean clothes
from the dryer, though. She gets testy if I try to hang things up in
the closet. =o)

Melissa

Old September 29th 06, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Marina wrote:
Dan M wrote:
And how many of your kitties like to ride on shoulders? Amelia was my
first shouldering kitty, but Tabitha and Harri learned pretty quickly,
and Ranger sometimes takes a turn as well.

Nikki used to like to ride on shoulders. Caliban tries to get up on my
shoulder, but he's just too big. He usually ends up hanging over my
shoulder, back to front, with his front legs dangling along my back.
Miranda just uses me to climb up where she wants to go, she doesn't stay.

Definitely my Sarah-cat (RB) lived on my shoulders when we were
outdoors. I got her from the pound at only 4 weeks of age, and
so she really imprinted onto me. So for a while, I carried her
everywhere in the front pocket of my K-way jacket (you remember
those little pullover rain jackets that would fold up into the
interior of its own front pocket?) She loved it there, and would
hang her head outside when she felt like watching the scenery.
After several weeks of that, she started to feel cramped in there
and decided that my shoulder looked alot more appealing,
and so she crawled up there and never really left! She had
superb balance, and so, as you may have read
elsewhere, learned how to keep her position there even when I
was riding my bicycle.

Luthien is a close second, she will go up on my shoulders for
the novelty of it, but I always have to keep my arm up
at 90 degrees and cocked for her to have more surface area
to stand on.

Muezza Glorio, though, is looking like he will assume Sarah's
position. He is two months old now, and already mastering
the "boneless cat" posture (remember Peanuts?) over my
shoulder. Really he looks like the Sphinx going for a ride!
Can't wait to take him out, heheh. Can't find a harness, though,
that fits him, he's so wee!

--tension

Old September 29th 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 11:37:13 -0700, Dan M yodeled:

ROFL!! I'm really glad I read your cheerio warning and put my tea
down before opening the link! I'm perpetually having to fend Nina off
if I leave the fridge door open for more than a nanosecond.

Good luck with the Cheerio-ectomy!

Melissa

Just curious - how many of us have ever had to remove kitties from the
refrigerator? I have to always try to fend Ranger off when the door is
open, and a couple times I've had to get him off the lower shelf in the
frig.

How about clothes dryers? Harri Roadcat and Ranger are both dryer
kitties, with Ranger appearing to he the dryering champ.

And how many of your kitties like to ride on shoulders? Amelia was my
first shouldering kitty, but Tabitha and Harri learned pretty quickly,
and Ranger sometimes takes a turn as well.

Dan

No shoulder boys around here-- Both of them did when they were little
fellows, but they both got out of the habit. I think it was in the
exploring stage for both of them, when it was just another high place
for them to check out!

But they are both in the fridge the moment I open it. AND the
dishwasher.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old September 29th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Shiral wrote:

It really puts your place in the cosmos in perspective when you
suddenly realize you're just a stepstool for your cat, doesn't it? =o)

Oh, I know my place. Miranda never lets me forget I am here to serve
her. Just now, I was bending over slightly to pick up a glass on a
table, when I felt a thud on my back. That was Miranda, using me as a
stepping stone on her way up on the high book case. I don't know why she
can't jump up there from a chair next to the book case, but had to jump
from my back, though it was much further to jump. It must have been just
to show me my place.

Old September 29th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:52:43 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

Shiral wrote:

It really puts your place in the cosmos in perspective when you
suddenly realize you're just a stepstool for your cat, doesn't it? =o)

Oh, I know my place. Miranda never lets me forget I am here to serve
her. Just now, I was bending over slightly to pick up a glass on a
table, when I felt a thud on my back. That was Miranda, using me as a
stepping stone on her way up on the high book case. I don't know why she
can't jump up there from a chair next to the book case, but had to jump
from my back, though it was much further to jump. It must have been just
to show me my place.

Oh, not only am I a tool for the cats, the thing that really gets me
is that I'm a source of entertainment. Whenever I exercise, or
whenever I actually try to accomplish something at home that requires
my concentration, there they are, staring at me in wonder, and maybe
amusement.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War