Purrz fur a horsey, purrleez anna fangu??

Old January 29th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

Default Purrz fur a horsey, purrleez anna fangu??

Sad nooz...

Kentucky Derby winner and potential triple crown winner Barbaro was
euthanized this morning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...ory?id=2747087

I just thought, since we're all animal lovers here, you might wanna
know...

--- Unca Cory

Old January 29th 07, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On 29 Jan 2007 12:45:14 -0800, "Cory" wrote:

Sad nooz...

Kentucky Derby winner and potential triple crown winner Barbaro was
euthanized this morning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...ory?id=2747087

I just thought, since we're all animal lovers here, you might wanna
know...

--- Unca Cory

Cinder:
He's at the Rainbow Bridge so he doezn't need purrs. He's happy. His
hoomans need the purrs.
PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPu rrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr
Old January 30th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred

John Ross Mc Master wrote:

On 29 Jan 2007 12:45:14 -0800, "Cory" wrote:

Sad nooz...

Kentucky Derby winner and potential triple crown winner Barbaro was
euthanized this morning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...ory?id=2747087

I just thought, since we're all animal lovers here, you might wanna
know...

--- Unca Cory

Cinder:
He's at the Rainbow Bridge so he doezn't need purrs. He's happy. His
hoomans need the purrs.

PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPu rrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr PurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurrPurr

Yes, He'z happy now and we hope he had an easy trip to da brij. We're all
saddened here that he had so many problems befur he left, but there wuz a
chance he could get better. Puuurayerz all around.

Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon.

--
Regards, Fred
Old January 30th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Fred wrote:
John Ross Mc Master wrote:

[...]

R.I.P. Poor Barbaro. He fought heroically for a while there,
but I agree that the time came to let him go...no more suffering.
Sylvia

Old January 30th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On Jan 30, 12:41 am, "Sylvia M" wrote:
snip...
R.I.P. Poor Barbaro. He fought heroically for a while there,
but I agree that the time came to let him go...no more suffering.
Sylvia

I grew up watching "The Big 3" (Kentucky, Preakness, and Belmont) with
my mom, who's a horse racing fan. Horse racing isn't my favorite
sport, and the act of riding a horse would scare me silly, not because
horses are mean, awful, evil creatures, but because my sense of
balance is skewed due to my Spina Bifida. It would be an awfully long
fall for me if I fell off of a horse, and the prospect of doing such a
thing scares the snot outta me.

I watched the KD, and the Preakness, and the minute Barbaro came up
lame, something inside me said, "Crud... they're gonna have to
probably end up putting this horse down.". I was cautiously
optimistic when news came that they may be able to save Barbaro, even
if he couldn't race again.

When I heard about his being euthanized, I was both sad and angry. I
was sad, because for a long while it really DID look like Barbaro
would beat the odds and recover fully enough to enjoy life in
retirement. My anger stemmed from the fact that they put this poor
horse through hell for about eight months or so, and the end result
was him being euthanized??? Please...

I read a news report online somewhere when Barbaro was euthanized that
said that when they did the initial operation after the Preakness,
they removed over *90* bone fragments from his hindquarter. I mean,
for all intents and purposes, he shattered that hind leg, and should
have never been walking on it again.

I just don't understand what compels a person to put an animal through
so much pain and discomfort just so they can breed more horses from
Barbaro's DNA.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all...

--- Unca Cory

Old January 30th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On Jan 30, 2:08 am, "Stormmee" wrote:
it wuz veri sad atta owr howze ofur diz newz, Tiger fur hiz howze

Pawpa kalled Grandmeowmie heer in Airy-zone-ah, an' sed dat him had
sum "sad nooz". Grandmeowmie stoppt fur a sekint, an' Pawpa, sensin'
hurz dizkumfurt, sed, "Sad horse nooz...". Grandmeowmie noo rite
aweigh whut Pawpa mentid. She sed sumfin' wike, "Oh, no... when?", tu
wich Pawpa onlee hadda sez, "They put him down this morning.".

It wuz a sadsadsad day fur alla ussez, tuu, Tiger.

--- Onyx

Old January 31st 07, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cory

On Jan 29, 9:15 pm, Fred wrote:
Barbaro's euthanasia...
Yes, He'z happy now and we hope he had an easy trip to da brij. We're all
saddened here that he had so many problems befur he left, but there wuz a
chance he could get better. Puuurayerz all around.

Diana, Ryan, & Cinnamon.

--
Regards, Fred

FYI, according to ESPN, "A series of ailments -- including laminitis
in the left rear hoof, an abscess in the right rear hoof, as well as
new laminitis in both front feet -- proved too much for the gallant
colt.".

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/hor...ory?id=2747087

The laminitis in both front feet was discovered about 24 hours before
they put Barbaro down. He literally didn't have any good legs to
stand on anymore, which was the deciding factor in the decision to
euthanize him.

They made absolutely the right decision, if you ask me.

--- Unca Cory

Old February 3rd 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ralph & His Clowder

We had ben purrrin fur Barbaro tu get beddur. Ar humin got sum MMS wen
she hurd da noos. Weze nough gonna purrr fur hiz trip tu da Bridj ana
fur da huminz hoo luffed him.
Ralph, Fred, Clyde, Alice, & Jane

Old February 3rd 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

you don't understand because the concern of the animal outweighs, your needs
or the cash generated for you... a very cranky horse lover
ups.com...