Purr request for a grieving kitty

Old April 22nd 09, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Purr request for a grieving kitty

My stepmother died on Sunday. We will be burying her tomorrow. My
stepmother was a dog person when we met her. She had never had a
relationship with a cat and whenever she discussed cats you could see
the revulsion in her eyes. My father was owned by a little black cat
named Ooji. Before they married we had many hours of discussions
about what to do about Ooji. I couldn't take her, we had 5 cats at the
time and Ooji is an indoor/outdoor cat and would have to live indoors
only at our house. My father was unwilling to take her to the local
shelter which was a kill-shelter but wasn't going to make my
stepmother live with a cat she didn't like. We hadn't decided who was
going to take Ooji by the time their wedding came around. Just a week
before the wedding they moved into a new house...my stepmother from
her apartment and my father from the home he had shared with my
mother. They took Ooji with them because they hadn't made a decision
of what to do with her. Well, Ooji had already made up her mind. She
had found her one true slave and her one true home and absolutely no
one was going to come between her and her Chosen One. She just had to
make my stepmother understand that she was "The Chosen One". Ooji set
her sights and began the courting process. My father and stepmother
were married in August and by Christmas Ooji had her spot on my
stepmother's lap. She would put her paws on my stepmother's shoulders
and the two of them would have long conversations. A little less than
two years ago my stepmother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Now
Ooji has lost her Chosen One and I asked my father how she is handling
it and he said she is so sad. She comes into the house and slowly
walks through the house and then will sit in my father's lap for a few
minutes, searching his face before getting down and walking away. I
told him that the two of them will have to take care of each other and
he understands but a few purrs for Ooji would be greatly
appreciated.
Old April 22nd 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Do I know the sadness of this. Piglet was Bobs cat, his alone. During his
last months she spent almost 24/7 on the bed purring for him. When he died,
she would howl, like a dog with sadness. Took her nearly 2 years to decide
she was stuck with me. In the meantime we lost Scooter Dog.

She really became my cat when I got Sadie Dog. She was so happy she would
almost would say "thank you for getting me a dog", she was mothered and
raised (even litter trained by Scooter)." She is happy now and that is what
matters. Purrrs for your kitty friend.

Old April 22nd 09, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Heartfelt purrs for Ooji and your Dad. May they find comfort in shared
love. MLB
Old April 22nd 09, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message

Ooji has lost her Chosen One and I asked my father how she is handling
it and he said she is so sad. She comes into the house and slowly
walks through the house and then will sit in my father's lap for a few
minutes, searching his face before getting down and walking away. I
told him that the two of them will have to take care of each other and
he understands but a few purrs for Ooji would be greatly
appreciated.

You know all of you have our purrs and healing thoughts and wishes. All too
many of us are afraid to love for fear of losing the one they care about.
Ooji was smart and knew that love should never be contained or blighted.
May she love again and know that she is loved as well.

Pam S.

Old April 22nd 09, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

First of all, I send my deepest condolences for the loss of your
step-mother
And purrs lovingly sent for Ooji and your step-father.
Love
Kyla

"GaDragonfly"

Old April 22nd 09, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

GaDragonfly wrote:

[...]

Oh, poor Ooji! She doesn't understand where her Chosen One has gone.

Purrs for her and for your dad - it must be hard for him to see her
missing your stepmom, too.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old April 22nd 09, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

[...]

Purrs for Ooji, and for your father.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 22nd 09, 12:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Ooji and the rest of the family, especially your father who has
been through so much recently. :-(
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 22nd 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

[...]

I'm very sorry for you and your father's loss. And many purrs for Ooji to
soon find comfort after losing her Chosen One.

Jill

Purr request Ann Cat anecdotes 8 April 16th 08 03:31 AM
Purr request Joy Cat anecdotes 20 October 28th 06 07:33 PM
Purr request Shirley Cat anecdotes 21 January 29th 05 10:19 PM
Purr request Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 45 October 31st 04 01:02 PM
Purr request for Sam Karen Cat anecdotes 60 September 17th 04 11:49 PM