Big cats in England

Old April 23rd 04, 08:19 PM
Debbie Wilson

Kreisleriana wrote:

When I was little, I loved to watch National Geographic programs, an I
always thought I would be one of those naturalists who went to the
Galapagos, or the Amazon, or wherever, to study the wildlife. I also
had a children's book about Darwin (!) and I was absolutely fascinated
by the tortoises, iguanas, frigate birds, etc. Wow, a real dream
trip.

Sounds like me, too! All I can say is, never give up the dream - it
gives you someting to aim for :-)

Deb.
--
http://www.scientific-art.com

Old April 24th 04, 10:51 AM
John Biltz

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:54:21 -0700, MaryL wrote
(in article ):

"JP Hobbs" jphobbsREMOVE THIS @dodo.com.au wrote in message
I LOVE big cats specially the tigers leopards and lions
they are so beautiful!!!!! Jean.P.

So do I, but I wouldn't be pleased to encounter one in my back yard...

Out west they are all around us. For the most part they are pretty
invisible. Mountain lions are said to be making a big come back. They
seem to have adapted to living on the fringe of human society. They say
the same thing about leopards in Africa. I watch a lot of nature shows.
Maya will ignore tigers, lions, leopards but let a mountain lion be on
the TV and she will sit up. I suspect at one time or another she had a
passing encounter with one. They made the news this week in Vegas because
there was a lot of sightings over several days around a school. I was
once in the mountains in Wyoming at 8500 feet above sea level by myself
and found some tracks in the snow that weren't there when I first passed
that way a half hour earlier. I never saw it, but you usually don't. I
suspect I passed very close to it. Never been attack up there though.
Interstate 80 a few miles away was a bigger danger to me but it makes you
think when your alone in the woods and the mountains.

Old April 26th 04, 02:49 AM
JP Hobbs

I used to watch those wild animal shows a lot
but I couldn't stand the scenes showing
one animal chasing another and killing it
I know its what happens, but I dont want the
killing shoved down my throat, so I dont watch
them any more, Its too upsetting. Jean.P.