KFC today

Old July 10th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default KFC today

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
Ted Davis wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:02:13 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB
just yet. She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in
preference to plain water - she has a choice. It has made a real
difference to her, so thank you to those who suggested it.
She is eating as well as a CRF kitty can. Turkey mince 12 secs in
the microwave goes down well. Tomorrow I will offer her beef
mince. What she really liked was when Boyfie brought her a vole on
Sunday, she scarfed it down in a minute and a half which produced a
good litterbox result the following day. I wish I could buy
voles for her.

Feeder mice from pet stores are close. And safer than wild caught
voles.

It's odd, I have no real problem with humans buying animals for
slaughter (so long as their parts are all packaged neatly in plastic
when I get them). I know cats are carnivores, who hunt live critters
and kill them for food, and I have no problem with that. But somehow,
the notion of buying live mice to feed them to a cat bothers me! (I
know it's inconsistent of me, but there you are.)

Nobody suggested _live_ mice, that would be illegal in Britain anyway.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 10th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

Mice aren't allowed to live in Britain? :,-)

--
Will in New Haven

Cats leave pawprints on your hearthttp://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk- Hide quoted text -

Old July 10th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 8:13 pm, Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

I was going to mention that but I just couldn't _do_ it. Although, for
KFC, sure.

Get her a mouse.

There is a reptile shop near where I work. They sell dead frozen mice and
day old chicks but I don't know if she would eat one, defrosted. She
likes them warm.

Maybe you could try warming it in the microwave?

Joy

Old July 10th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:

Mice aren't allowed to live in Britain? :,-)

The one Baggy brought in last week didn't deserve to, when I rescued it it
bit me. When I let it go outside and it ran off I called after it, "I hope
an owl gets you".
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 10th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kylatte =^. .^=`[_2_]

"Joy"
"Christina Websell" "Will in New Haven"

wrote in message

On Jul 9, 8:13 pm, Ted Davis
[...]

Sounds like a plan.
I'm so glad to hear KFC is doing better.
Hug
Kyla

Old July 11th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Ted Davis wrote:
[...]

I have no intention of buying live mice for her. It's not something I would
consider, it would not sit well with my conscience.
If Boyfie happens to catch a vole, mouse or bird when he is out that's a
different thing. He always rushes home with it.
No, if I do decide to buy mice - and I haven't yet - they will be the
already frozen ones that are sold for reptile keepers. I haven't plucked up
courage yet to go into the reptile shop and say "can I buy one, just to
try..?" :-)
They probably come in a pack of 50 or something.

Tweed

Old July 11th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Jul 9, 8:02 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB just yet.
She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in preference to plain
water -
she has a choice. It has made a real difference to her, so thank you to
those who suggested it.
She is eating as well as a CRF kitty can. Turkey mince 12 secs in the
microwave goes down well. Tomorrow I will offer her beef mince.
What she really liked was when Boyfie brought her a vole on Sunday, she
scarfed it down in a minute and a half which produced a good litterbox
result the following day. I wish I could buy voles for her.

Gazing proudly at Boyfie and fondly at KFC

This is wonderful. Maybe you can't buy her a vole but perhaps Boyfie
could be encouraged?

----
I'm not quite sure how. I don't think he goes out to patrol his territory
with the intention of catching *anything* at all.
Those who are up for the Darwin award fall into his mouth. He always seems
amazed when he rushes back to the house with his prey. At least he's learnt
at last the killing crunch which will save me from trying to get a live rat
out from behind my washing machine.

Tweed

Old July 11th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...

Old July 11th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 01:02:13 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

I'm glad I didn't take the vet's advice about sending her to RB
just yet. She continues to drink her rehydration fluid in
preference to plain water - she has a choice. It has made a real
difference to her, so thank you to
those who suggested it.
She is eating as well as a CRF kitty can. Turkey mince 12 secs in
the microwave goes down well. Tomorrow I will offer her beef
mince. What she
really liked was when Boyfie brought her a vole on Sunday, she
scarfed it down in a minute and a half which produced a good
litterbox result the following day. I wish I could buy voles for
her.

Feeder mice from pet stores are close. And safer than wild caught
voles.

Why are they safer?

They will be free of diseases and parasites that wild caught animals may
have.

Frozen mice could be gently warmed to blood temeprature before being
offered to KFC, if that was preferrable. I couldn't do it, but maybe if
KFC was my cat and it was good for her, I could get over my irrational
revulsion.

It's surprising what you can do if your cat's life is at stake. Up till now
it's not been necessary but if it is, I will.

went to TED today Rusty Cat community 9 April 5th 08 10:08 PM
How is every ones' day going today NMR Cat anecdotes 18 January 18th 06 02:06 AM
Today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 20 May 7th 05 01:04 PM
Today was a first. [email protected] Cat anecdotes 26 November 12th 04 10:05 AM
Today gracecat Cat anecdotes 52 October 13th 04 02:01 PM