I finally got Lorelei's cat tree set up.

Old December 3rd 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

Default I finally got Lorelei's cat tree set up.

On Dec 2, 7:22*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:00:50 -0600, "Storrmmee"
wrote:

the nip spray at walmart is under four dollars and really lasts pretty good,
also seems less messy than regular nip, is there anything else in the living
room that from her point of veiw could intimidate? *the reason i asked
before about the ceiling fan was because i read somewhere that some cats
freak over them and the research consensus, sp is that some cats think they
are winged predators like a hawk falcon or similar, soft

Well, there is nothing moving, like a ceiling fan, in the living room
that might scare her.

But if I'm in the living room, either my computer is on, or the TV is
on.

I would think that Lorelei should be used to both, from her previous
home. I saw a laptop computer there, and my monitor is 15", which isn't
much bigger than most lap tops.

And every home has a TV set.

I think Lorelei is just still scared from the move, and just feels safe
in my bedroom, for now.

"Well, the bedroom is where you sleep and cuddle, so that is good,"
says WooToo in her best hoomin speech.
"If you wanna cheer hur up, tell her I gonna haff Uncl Bill arRESTed,"
says Sunrise.

--
Will in New Haven
Old December 3rd 10, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

might be something as simple as too many/not enough windows, soft
wrote:

[...]

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 05:58:12 -0600, "Storrmmee"
wrote:

you might consider going to walmart and buying a spray bottle of nip,
spray
the tree and the shelf. also, do i recall you saying you thought she
might
be afraid of the computer? have you considered moving it to see if that
is
the issue, soft

The nip spray sounds like a good idea. I'll get some the next time I'm
at Walmart.

I can't move my computer: it's a desktop computer. It's very large, and
very heavy. With the monitor, printer, modem, and UPS, etc., I really
don't have anyplace else to put it.

Old December 3rd 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

I saw her in the living room of her previous home, but not for very
long.

There was a laptop on the sofa, but I didn't see a TV set.

They were packing to move, and the room was pretty empty: No TV, no
table in the dining room....most of the furniture was already gone.

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010 19:42:30 -0600, "Granby" wrote:

Did you see her in the livingroom at her former home? Maybe she was trained
not to go it it.

wrote:

you might consider going to walmart and buying a spray bottle of nip,
spray
the tree and the shelf. also, do i recall you saying you thought she
might
be afraid of the computer? have you considered moving it to see if that
is
the issue, soft

The nip spray sounds like a good idea. I'll get some the next time I'm
at Walmart.

I can't move my computer: it's a desktop computer. It's very large, and
very heavy. With the monitor, printer, modem, and UPS, etc., I really
don't have anyplace else to put it.

Finally. She finally did da update Booker Cat community 4 January 6th 08 12:54 AM
red cat in tree ... lewe Cat anecdotes 5 September 4th 05 12:40 PM
I put up the tree Mischief Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 04:19 PM
Man is cat up tree [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 December 8th 04 03:22 AM
Cat tree..... Matt Cat health & behaviour 36 November 25th 03 09:33 PM