I finally got Lorelei's cat tree set up.

Old December 1st 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

Default I finally got Lorelei's cat tree set up.

I finally finished getting Lorelei's cat tree set up.

It's VERY nice! There is a hammock near the bottom that looks very
comfortable.

It is sitting in front of a window, and there is a radiator there, as
well.

That hammock is right in front of the radiator; it would be a great spot
for a cat nap, in the winter

I showed it to Lorelei, but she seems scared of it, so far.

But, I know that had a cat tree in her previous home, and when the sun
is shining through the window, she may decide she wants to look out the
window, from the cat tree.

I hope so anyways.

I have a window with a cat shelf I built in front of it, but it's in the
living room, and Lorelei is still scared of the living room.

The cat tree is in the dining room, further away from where my computer
is, so I think she will warm up to it.

That is my plan, anyways.

My other plan is to slowly move her food dish until it's on the lower
level of the cat tree.

Food is a powerful motivator for cats.

I just need to take things slowly, and be patient.

Thank you all, again, for the cat tree
Old December 1st 10, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

When I first got a cat tree, it took nearly 2 weeks for the first cat to go
to the top. It was O T and he was hopped up on nip, which he no longer
gets. He rolled off the top but still landed on his feet. He turned and
hissed very loudly at the tree.

Old December 1st 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On Nov 30, 10:34*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
[...]

Wheeee!
Wen meowmie brotted my cat tree home an was dragging it into my room,
ai jumped on itted and rode it throo the housse!
Whee! Concatugratulations,
MeOwy, loving her tree
Old December 1st 10, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Wee hab uh vury old cat tree dat we dunt hardlee uze, but wee uze sa short
une en da frunt rheum window tew wook owt. Luvz, Mosey..hoo wuntz sum nip
GNOW!!

"Granby" When I first got a cat tree, it took nearly 2 weeks for the
first cat to go
to the top. It was O T and he was hopped up on nip, which he no longer
gets. He rolled off the top but still landed on his feet. He turned and
hissed very loudly at the tree.

Unkle Gandalf rote

Old December 1st 10, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

you might consider going to walmart and buying a spray bottle of nip, spray
the tree and the shelf. also, do i recall you saying you thought she might
be afraid of the computer? have you considered moving it to see if that is
the issue, soft

Old December 1st 10, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

we usta haffa big tree fur da winner, two inna kornerz fur hi up sleepin
anna kitty condo, all of deze furnishurez iz now atta bridge wif tv anna
tiger, the condo anna big tree wented whenna firez monzterz eated dem, but
da ofur two leafed earleer, OEJ

Old December 1st 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Wed, 01 Dec 2010 02:34:46 +0000, Gandalf wrote:

I finally finished getting Lorelei's cat tree set up.

It's VERY nice! There is a hammock near the bottom that looks very
comfortable.

Excellent news!

I like Stormee's idea of spraying nip spray on the tree. Or you might try
spritzing it with a little Feliway - that stuff can work wonders.

But the most important of the process you're doing right - being patient.
We're all purring for Lorelei to relax enough to enjoy the living room,
the window shelf, and the cat tree.

Amelia
Old December 1st 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Yeah! Weze happi da tree is up. Haz it gotz ani Christmas ornaments on
itself?

We fink weze needz a new tree fur Kristmas. Ar tree iz shredded an der
aren't mani plazes left to skratch.

Booker

They attack their cat tree with relish and it shows. The carpet on the
vertical poles has been replaced once with sisal and probably needs a
renew. Chappy uses the top shelf to launch to the closet shelf. Every
time he does it I hear the tree banging against the wall. They have a
nice spot, since there's a window next to the tree in the closet. Every
time I vacuum I'm picking up pieces of that tree that they've shredded off.

Old December 1st 10, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobble[_8_]

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in news:4cf7ad76.19884812
@news.iphouse.com:

[...]

She's so lucky to have ended up with you. Others may not be as patient as
you are, and she needed somebody like you.

Bobble

Finally. She finally did da update Booker Cat community 4 January 5th 08 11:54 PM
red cat in tree ... lewe Cat anecdotes 5 September 4th 05 12:40 PM
I put up the tree Mischief Cat anecdotes 7 December 13th 04 03:19 PM
Man is cat up tree [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 December 8th 04 02:22 AM
Cat tree..... Matt Cat health & behaviour 36 November 25th 03 08:33 PM