Some felinely feline kitty-cat questions that are probably STOOOOOPID

Old December 6th 09, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Bill Graham

Default Some felinely feline kitty-cat questions that are probably STOOOOOPID

"Lee" wrote in message
What about the part where the cat licks the toes or feet, sometimes
right after the gentle & soft biting? Is that also a way of showing
affection? Thanks.

On Nov 18, 6:33 am, "AMUN" wrote:
wrote:

and then lick the same
spot or area on my foot/toes several times. And sometimes she would
just go ahead & do the licking without any of the very gentle, soft, &
slow biting first to start with. Why did she do that? Why would my
cat do that?

Probably so, but my cats don't do that.....However, one really likes our
shoes.....She sticks her head in them and rolls around on the floor playing
with them.....She also likes other leather items we have, such as my wife's
purse.....

Old December 6th 09, 09:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Cats Whiskers

This is an interesting conversation and I couldn't help but add my 2 cents
in. You were asking if cats have dreams. My cat Stealth lays on the outer
side of the bed beside me. He was sleeping and I wasn't. Whatever he was
dreaming about made him jump three feet in the air and land on the floor (on
his feet, of course) since there was no noise, no movement, I can only
attribute it to a cat dream. So, yes, I believe cats have dreams and will
weigh in on that side of the conversation. And if you can picture it, you
probably laughed like I did. (smile)

By the way, why is everyone answering at the bottom of the message? E-mail
is meant to answer from the top, and a newsgroup is the same format and in
fact is done from your email program. It would be so simple to open the
next comment and find it at the top and not have to go all the way down to
the bottom to find it. Just thought I would mention this so people would
start answering in that manner.
"MLB" wrote in message
Adam wrote:
wrote:
do cats ever dream or have any nightmares while sleeping?

I'm pretty sure I once saw Lionel wake up from a nightmare. His reaction
when waking was the same as any human's -- he was obviously scared, and
kept looking around to reassure himself that he was safely at home, and
not wherever he'd been in the nightmare.

Adam

Princess (RB 16) did this once. She jumped straight up ready to fight and
then looked really confused. She then gave a sigh and settled down again
saying "It was only a dream. MLB

Old December 6th 09, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Bill Graham

"Cats Whiskers" wrote in message
. ..
By the way, why is everyone answering at the bottom of the message?
E-mail is meant to answer from the top, and a newsgroup is the same format
and in fact is done from your email program. It would be so simple to
open the next comment and find it at the top and not have to go all the
way down to the bottom to find it. Just thought I would mention this so
people would start answering in that manner.

Now, with the other newsgroups I am in, just the opposite is true....They
will lambast you if you post from the top......I am relatively new to this,
"newsgroup" game, so I haven't a clue which is best, but it strikes me that
the complexity of the subject matter and the number of posters would have
something to do with it. With a relatively simple subject like cats, posting
from the top seems harmless enough, but with some of the newsgroups I am in,
the number of posters, coupled with the complexity of some of the subjects
discussed and the replies, make it necessary to read the thread in detail
before you can post effectively, so bottom posting is a really good idea.
If, (for example) the thread is a technical subject, and lasts for several
days (sometimes over a week) then, when you drop in, you need to read the
last dozen posts or so before you have a chance of adding something useful,
so bottom posting is a real requirement. Try joining and posting to
[rec.photo.equipment.35mm] and see how they will respond to your top
posting. Some of the threads on this group incorporate literally hundreds of
posts over several weeks time before they finally end, and if your post
isn't in its proper place in the list, it will be lost and/or irrelevant.

Old December 6th 09, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Matthew[_3_]

Some people don't like top posting it is "taboo" in the WWW. Personally I
could care less if they do or not. They can gripe all they like till they
pay my internet bill it is what I do along with millions of others. If the
message gets to them than I did what I need to do ;-)

Old December 9th 09, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Kelly Green[_3_]

"Cats Whiskers" wrote in message
. ..
This is an interesting conversation and I couldn't help but add my 2 cents
in. You were asking if cats have dreams. My cat Stealth lays on the
outer side of the bed beside me. He was sleeping and I wasn't. Whatever
he was dreaming about made him jump three feet in the air and land on the
floor (on his feet, of course) since there was no noise, no movement, I
can only attribute it to a cat dream. So, yes, I believe cats have dreams
and will weigh in on that side of the conversation. And if you can
picture it, you probably laughed like I did. (smile)

By the way, why is everyone answering at the bottom of the message?

For some reason some people, the most vocal, decided they wanted replies at
the bottom. I got online in 1995 and people were reprimanded for replying at
the top as far back as then. I wish people would reply at the top because
it wastes time to scroll down to reply.

Old December 15th 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Stormmmee

we are very informal here we don't care how you answer in rpcc, just so you
answer, soft

--
Have a great day

Old December 15th 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Stormmmee

i refrained from telling the horror stories about top posting because of
using a screen reader, it gets very ugly at times, if it were possible i
would probably bottom post but i don't have that otion, go read rec.food.bbq
for a taste, soft

--
Have a great day

Old December 15th 09, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Stormmmee

i like that, i may use it in the future, thanks, soft

--
Have a great day
g.com...

Old December 16th 09, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Granby

Man I was thinking the same thin. My should be gone from all the chewing I
have gotten from top posting. I need to frame that one.

Old December 16th 09, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,alt.cats
Sylvia M[_3_]

I usually reply in the manner of the last posted, except in the more
"Tekky"
newsgroups.

Sylvia

"Stormmmee" wrote in message
i like that, i may use it in the future, thanks, soft

--
Have a great day
g.com...

"MLB" wrote in message
Adam wrote:
wrote:
do cats ever dream or have any nightmares while sleeping?

I'm pretty sure I once saw Lionel wake up from a nightmare. His
reaction when waking was the same as any human's -- he was
obviously scared, and kept looking around to reassure himself that
he was safely at home, and not wherever he'd been in the
nightmare.

Adam

Princess (RB 16) did this once. She jumped straight up ready to
fight and then looked really confused. She then gave a sigh and
settled down again saying "It was only a dream. MLB

Seeking help for kitty with Feline AIDS jenniferm242 Cat anecdotes 5 November 17th 05 02:28 PM
STOOOOOPID question Lee Cats - misc 6 October 2nd 05 11:38 PM
new kitty questions Tiger Girl Cats - misc 10 August 29th 04 03:44 AM
Various Kitty Questions Beth Cat health & behaviour 6 March 20th 04 03:48 AM
Looking for a vet... What questions should I ask? Al Kondo Cat health & behaviour 12 October 10th 03 07:59 PM