May the unknown cat rest in peace

Old October 8th 05, 12:40 AM

Default May the unknown cat rest in peace

Greetings all, it's my sad duty to report that I had to take a stray to
the humane society and have her put to sleep. She was a nice white and
black female tabby, she was a stray that had been roaming around our
company lot for several years. She was the mother to my cat Felix who
was ran over last February 28th.

I had received reports of a cat wandering in the back lot. Apparently,
she had been hit by a falling object or was hit by someone across the
right side if her face. She had a horrible welt just above her right
eye witch was swollen shut and the eye appeared to be punctured. Her
left eye was barely open and had a milky appearance. It was heart
breaking to watch her move her head around trying to get her bearings
with what ever sight she had trying to avoid capture.

We called the local animal control officer who was beyond incompetent.
She had no net, no cage did not have a clue how to use the "cat
grabber" the city bought her, the blanket she used to throw over the
cat was nothing more than a hand towel. I was appalled at her lack of
competence, she certainly did not qualify as a animal control officer
in my opinion.

I was able to get her to bring a box trap about 20 minutes later, but
by then the cat had fallen into a storm drain pit behind our shop and
wandered into a 8 inch drainage pipe to hide from us. Later that
evening she came out and was caught in the box trap, I was extremely
relieved. I brought her food and water and calmly talked to her saying
that she was in no danger and that I was not going to hurt her.

Later on that day I took her to the humane society, she was given an
evaluation and I was told that she was dehydrated and that her injury
was severe and it would be best to put her to sleep. After thinking for
a few minutes I realized that this would be the best course of action.
Even if I took her to the vet it would have cost me several hundred
dollars to help her. Even if she did recover, she would more than
likely be blind and have to live indoors the rest of her life since she
would not be able to protect herself from predators. So I left her
there and told myself "it's for the best".

After I got home I couldn't eat and went to bed early. My cat came in
to sleep with me and saw that I was upset. I told her what had
happened, even though she probably didn't under stand what I was saying
she got extra close and purred. And then finally placed her paw on a
tear that had run down my face.

To the un-named kitty, may you come back to a life better than you
had...

Craig

Old October 8th 05, 01:34 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:40:19 -0700, n7uqa91 wrote:

[...]

Purrs for you and the unnamed kitty as she arrives at the bridge. MLB

Old October 8th 05, 09:23 AM
meee

Ohhh, that's really, really sad. Stories like that are terrible- your heart
aches when you hear them, and even worse when you are part of them; it's
such a helpless feeling. May we request that she be added to the walk? And
can you also add the two mistreated kitties We rescued? They were dying
already, we did our best and loved as hard as we could, but we got to them
too late. I will always feel sad when I think of them, it's such an awful,
unfair thing.

Old October 8th 05, 01:58 PM
Fred Williams

On $DATE , meee wrote:

Ohhh, that's really, really sad. Stories like that are terrible-
your heart aches when you hear them, and even worse when you are
part of them; it's such a helpless feeling. May we request that
she be added to the walk? And can you also add the two mistreated
kitties We rescued? They were dying already, we did our best and
loved as hard as we could, but we got to them too late. I will
always feel sad when I think of them, it's such an awful, unfair
thing.

Purrrz frum our house as well. We've also seen terrible things
that we were helpless to fix, and we can't help all the cats so we
do the best we can and purrray fur the rest. We know you've done
this too and may Bast bless the poor kitty and yourselves as well.

--
Regards,
Fred.

Old October 13th 05, 12:00 AM
The Fur Conspiracy

Mrrrrqueekkk!

Yew did da rite fing. Yowr own kitty told yew so. We purrz fur yew
an da Kitty. Yew will find her waitin for yew at da Rainbow Bridge

G'bye, Ms Kitty.

The Fur Conspiracy:
Ms. Martha-Mound (VC, TGK), Mr. GrowlTiger (DOC),
Shadow da Pup, and (Furry) Fred
also Mr. TigerSam (PC) and Clarence da Choklit Moose
[Edit it to make it work.]