please no vacation!

Old November 9th 04, 09:45 PM
Enfilade

Default please no vacation!

When my partner and I go on vacation, we find ourselves rather
saddened at the lack of feline abuse.

No little paws walking around on us at night. No warm spots left by
felines. No furry footwarmers. No cuddling weight on our chests.

No waking to the mournful dirge of Smokey's classic "On an Empty Food
Bowl," nor do we receive the purrs of gratitude mumbled around a
mouthful of cat food as he twines himself enrapturously through our
legs at his delight on another day of Being Fed.

No warm lapfuls at the computer. No curls on the couch. No cries to
come to the bed for a bunt. No surround-sound-purr lulling us to
sleep.

No Nocturne to tend us, to kick us or bite us when we do wrong, to
groom us when we are still, to observe us, to supervise our behaviour,
to ensure we are okay. No sharp little claws. No impacts on our
shoulder out of nowhere. No felines extending up our leg. We have to
wash because there's no one to lick us.

No galloping in the hall. No hissing. No shredded toilet paper. No
berserk kittens, no irritated Nocturne, no hyper Smokey going feral on
us. No litter box treasures. No yelling "Stop the badness!" when
unidentified sounds of things falling come from another room.

There's always a pen when you want one. That's just wrong.

No paws dipped into coffee mugs or juice glasses. No inquiring noses
sniffing at food or drink. Not even if you put it on the floor.

No toys underfoot. No cries of delight and sounds of pursuit when we
toss them clear. No wasting time throwing those toys over and over
again.

What a horrible fate. May we never have another vacation from our
cats.
--Fil
Old November 9th 04, 09:58 PM
Kreisleriana

On 9 Nov 2004 13:45:40 -0800, (Enfilade)
yodeled:

[...]

I miss the little bugger like crazy when I'm away.

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old November 10th 04, 03:35 AM
Victor Martinez

Enfilade wrote:
What a horrible fate. May we never have another vacation from our
cats.

I know! I love travelling, but hate being away from home and my little
ones.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 10th 04, 05:21 AM
Marina

Enfilade wrote:

When my partner and I go on vacation, we find ourselves rather
saddened at the lack of feline abuse.

It's terrible, isn't it? Thjese days, the only place I go for holidays
is our island, where I can take the cats along. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 10th 04, 07:44 AM
badwilson

Dennis and I miss Vino terribly when we're away. We keep a few
pictures of him on our digital camera that we look at every day. But
still, we love travelling and will continue to do so. And it's nice
to have Vino to come home to and he's always super affectionate after
we've been away.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

om...

Old November 11th 04, 12:35 AM

Enfilade wrote:

When my partner and I go on vacation, we find ourselves rather
saddened at the lack of feline abuse. [snip]

Great piece! Very sweet. I always miss my kitties when I'm away. In
fact, I start to develop separation anxiety days before I leave!

These lines made me LOL:

No yelling "Stop the badness!" when
unidentified sounds of things falling come from another room.

Ah, yes, the generic *crash and bang*, followed by utter silence
(because the perps have vanished in the wake of the terrifying noise).
Followed immediately by my fear that something of precious sentimental
value has been destroyed (at least I know it can't be anything of
precious financial value! ).

There's always a pen when you want one. That's just wrong.

OMG! No papers are torn! No litter is tracked on the floor! No
kitchen scraps have been transported to the living room couch! No
kitty toys in the water bowl! It's wrong, wrong, wrong!

Joyce