Door Bungee

Old December 12th 03, 09:29 AM
Ruby Tuesday

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
Ruby Tuesday wrote:

Hi folks,

I bought my cat a door bungee (the bird one) a few months ago, and my
Siamese has had a ball with it. He's taken it apart, so much so that

I've
had to re-tie the string around the bird, and the top part of the string
around the plastic door holder part again.

Well, earlier today my cat came running into the kitchen with the bird
bungee part's string choking his neck, dragging the door bungee plastic

part
behind him. We're both relieved I was able to take the string off

almost
immediately, but now I'm wondering if I should get another door bungee,
because my cat had so much fun with it for so long.

I'm also aware this is a problem other people have had: when my
Superintendant's husband saw it, he said he came home one day to find

the
string around *his* cat's neck!

And thanks in advance.

Anything with a string is bad for a cat. It can be swallowed
and cause serious medical problems, if not death.

Guess I learned the hard way today. I think I was still in shock when I
wrote my first message. That's why it sounded so 'off'.

I had an eye-opening experience with one of my cats, once. I
used to drink soft drinks from glass bottles with those real
thin, styrofoam labels. I'd peel about a 1/4 inch strip of
the label off of the bottle and let my cats play with it. One
day one of my cats was acting extremely odd and I noticed
something sticking out of his rear. I got a tissue and slowly
pulled the thing out. It was one of those strips of label,
completely intact. I consider it a blessing that it went
completely through his system without killing him. (He went on
to live another 10 years to the ripe old age of 19!)

Glad to hear the happy ending to your story!

Thanks for your reply,

Ruby

8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~