Abelard's getting more "creative"

Old February 26th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Abelard's getting more "creative"

Abelard generally goes outside to pee if he can but sometimes I have him
locked inside, in which case he looks for the ideal spot to go, and that's
almost never in a litterbox. He seems to prefer peeing on plastic.

I can expect to find a yellow puddle on any plastic bag left on the floor so
have learned to never leave one on the floor. If he can't find a plastic bag
around he cries to go outside. I've put him in the litterbox countless times
and he acts like the litter is scalding hot. It's odd because he usually
*will* use a box to poop....

Anyhow this afternoon I went back to the farm to pack another load to move
and found a yellow puddle in an empty plastic bowl that was previously used
for the cats' water!

I had left the flap set to open from both directions because I knew I would
be gone overnight, so he wasn't locked in. And I left no plastic bags on the
floor.

Since he won't be able to go outside for quite some time after he moves to
the house in town, I'm thinking maybe I ought to make him a special box
filled with crumpled plastic bags????

Old February 26th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
Abelard generally goes outside to pee if he can but sometimes I have
him locked inside, in which case he looks for the ideal spot to go,
and that's almost never in a litterbox. He seems to prefer peeing on
plastic.

(snippage)
Since he won't be able to go outside for quite some time after he
moves to the house in town, I'm thinking maybe I ought to make him a
special box filled with crumpled plastic bags????

Sounds like a plan to me!

Jill

Old February 26th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:

Since he won't be able to go outside for quite some time after he moves to
the house in town, I'm thinking maybe I ought to make him a special box
filled with crumpled plastic bags????

Or do you think he might accept a litter box where you first pour some
cat litter and then cover with plastic with holes in? He'd still have
his precious plastic to pee on, but the pee would drain through the
holes into the litter, thus reducing the smell issue.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old February 26th 06, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-02-26 09:29:12 -0600, "Christine K." said:

Pat wrote:

Since he won't be able to go outside for quite some time after he moves
to the house in town, I'm thinking maybe I ought to make him a special
box filled with crumpled plastic bags????

Or do you think he might accept a litter box where you first pour some
cat litter and then cover with plastic with holes in? He'd still have
his precious plastic to pee on, but the pee would drain through the
holes into the litter, thus reducing the smell issue.

That might also train him to the box better. Teach him it's not bad.

Old February 27th 06, 09:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Pat wrote:
"Christine K." wrote

Or do you think he might accept a litter box where you first pour some cat
litter and then cover with plastic with holes in? He'd still have his
precious plastic to pee on, but the pee would drain through the holes into
the litter, thus reducing the smell issue.

What a *brilliant* idea!!! I'll definitely try it. I wish I could have
thought of this myself. I think I lost about four-fifths of my brain living
in that moldy trailer for six years!

I thought that was pretty neat, too, so I didn't post my idea about a
litterbox with layers of plastic bags (when he's used one, you just lift
it out and there's a fresh one underneath - the bags would have to be
bigger than the bottom of the litterbox). Christine's idea is a few
steps ahead.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi

Report on Abelard's TED visit Pat Cat anecdotes 11 December 29th 05 05:38 AM
Abelard's new bed Pat Cat anecdotes 8 December 21st 05 05:13 AM
Abelard's getting stronger Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 8 May 3rd 05 02:11 PM
Abelard's vet bills Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 12 April 28th 05 12:44 AM
Abelard's New Habits Pat Cat anecdotes 27 October 28th 04 05:34 AM