Rocky and the Litterbox

Old June 5th 04, 08:05 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Rocky and the Litterbox

OK, to most folks this would seem a stange thing to talk about, but I
figure in this group y'all would understand ;-)

Since I adopted Rocky last fall he's been spending more and more time
inside (after being feral for a long time, I figured that was big
progress). At first he was either eating or pacing in front of the
glass door wanting back out. Over time he's gotten more comfortable
being inside. He would just about freak if I went outside and left him
in - guess he was afraid of being trapped inside. Now, though, if he
sees me going out he just watches, and instead of finding him pacing
in front of the door when I come back he's more apt to be napping.

Though he's been staying in overnight most of the winter, he's still
been doing all his "business" outside. Then, one evening he decided to
go ahead and use the box. He really didn't know the ropes. The first
few times he'd dig a BIG hole, throwing litter all over the place, do
his business, and then leave without covering up. Guess he was just
used to having to work alot harder digging outside. Now, he's much
better (I suspect Little Bit decided to give him a talking to, since
she's the self-appointed litterbox supervisor and always comes to tell
me when it needs to be cleaned). He no longer flings litter all over
the place, and does a reasonable job covering up.

Today, and the reason for my writing this, he reached another
milestone of sorts. He came to the door and asked to be let inside. I
opened the door and he went straight to the box and did his business.
Then he went back to the door and wanted outside. Now, to some folks
this might not seem like much to write about, but I figure readers of
this group will understand why it brought a smile to my face.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old June 5th 04, 09:42 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Steve Touchstone had some very interesting
things to say about Rocky and the Litterbox:

Today, and the reason for my writing this, he reached another
milestone of sorts. He came to the door and asked to be let inside. I
opened the door and he went straight to the box and did his business.
Then he went back to the door and wanted outside. Now, to some folks

Felix does that. I always ask him why he can't just take care of that
outside like a normal cat. :-)

this might not seem like much to write about, but I figure readers of
this group will understand why it brought a smile to my face.

Sounds like Rocky's getting tamer. :-)

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL

Old June 5th 04, 12:34 PM
O J

On Sat, 05 June, Steve Touchstone wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Today, and the reason for my writing this, he reached another
milestone of sorts. He came to the door and asked to be let inside. I
opened the door and he went straight to the box and did his business.
Then he went back to the door and wanted outside. Now, to some folks
this might not seem like much to write about, but I figure readers of
this group will understand why it brought a smile to my face.

Who'd want to dig in the cold ground in the winter when there's soft
sand just waiting for a deposit? After all, that's one of the things
hoomins are good for -- being a kitty doorman.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old June 5th 04, 02:04 PM
lrulan

Steve, don't know if you have any children of the human kind. But this is
the kind of thing that we who do have naked babies call a real milestone.
When the little ones learn to go on the potty and not in their diaper.
Congratulations! Rocky is growing up You done good!
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time