So kind

Old February 28th 07, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default So kind

For lunch today I had a small salmon sandwich. Waffles will kill for fish,
so as soon as I sat down to enjoy my snack, a one-eyed, furry feline with
whiskers stuck out as far as possible and who, all of a sudden, developed a
purr as loud as a 747 on take-off, appeared by my elbow. She told me she was
starving, hadn't been fed for a month at least and if I didn't give her a
morsel of salmon, she would surely die of starvation in the next few
seconds.

How could I resist such a sad tale.

So I removed a sliver of salmon from my sandwich and offered it to Waffles.
Being a highly-refined ladycat of fine manners, she gently took it from my
fingers, nibbled on it and then ate with great relish. The purrs increased
in volume.

I finished my sandwich and as I walked into the kitchen to put my dirty
plate in the washing-up bowl, I was followed by Waffles who then, through
meows, indicated that she wanted to go outside. So I opened the door to let
her out.

Five minutes later I hear her unmistakeable "Mowz! Mowz!" call. So I opened
the door to see her sat there on the doorstep with fat vole clamped in her
jaws. She came in and dropped the very dead but still warm vole at my feet.

What a kind feline she is. I shared my food with her, so she brought some of
hers home to offer me.

What a thoughtful feline...

Old February 28th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:11:54 -0500, wafflycat wrote:

[...]

Batter it and deep fry... bit of garlic and a little tarragon.
You'll love it!
Leave it whole, for the best enjoyment.

And congratulations on raising her right. Sharing is very important.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old February 28th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Feb 28, 6:11 am, "wafflycat"
wrote:
[...]

Now that's what I call a well bred cat. =o) So generous of her to
provide for her hoomin. Filet of Vole is delicious, I'm told.

Melissa

Old February 28th 07, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wafflycat wrote:

What a kind feline she is. I shared my food with her, so she brought
some of hers home to offer me.

She's such a treasure. You'll never have to worry about feeding your
family with her providing for you.

Pics at http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185/frankiennikki/
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankiennikki/
http://community.webshots.com/user/frankiennikki
Old February 28th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:11:54 -0000, "wafflycat"
yodeled:

[...]

Now I call that fast food.

It reminds me of the summer a couple of years ago when Stinky
discovered the Invisible Rodent Dispenser somewhere in the house. He
almost had a mousie hanging out of his mouth more often than he
didn't. I almost felt bad about having the house mouse-proofed. :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old February 28th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:07:01 GMT, Ketzl's Dad
yodeled:

[...]

On a sourdough roll, I think. Or a baguette.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old February 28th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! I hope you made some sort of show of appreciating it ;-)
Tweed

Old March 1st 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"wafflycat" wrote:
For lunch today I had a small salmon sandwich. Waffles will kill for fish,
so as soon as I sat down to enjoy my snack, a one-eyed, furry feline with
whiskers stuck out as far as possible and who, all of a sudden, developed a
purr as loud as a 747 on take-off, appeared by my elbow. She told me she was
starving, hadn't been fed for a month at least and if I didn't give her a
morsel of salmon, she would surely die of starvation in the next few
seconds.

The eager whiskery snout and wide eyes (or eye) always cracks me up.

Old March 1st 07, 04:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

You've certainly raised her well. Her manners are impeccable.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 4th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

wafflycat wrote:

For lunch today I had a small salmon sandwich. Waffles will kill for
fish, so as soon as I sat down to enjoy my snack, a one-eyed, furry
feline with whiskers stuck out as far as possible and who, all of a
sudden, developed a purr as loud as a 747 on take-off, appeared by my
elbow. She told me she was starving, hadn't been fed for a month at
least and if I didn't give her a morsel of salmon, she would surely die
of starvation in the next few seconds.

How could I resist such a sad tale.

snip
Five minutes later I hear her unmistakeable "Mowz! Mowz!" call. So I
opened the door to see her sat there on the doorstep with fat vole
clamped in her jaws. She came in and dropped the very dead but still
warm vole at my feet.

What a kind feline she is. I shared my food with her, so she brought
some of hers home to offer me.

What a thoughtful feline...

What a lovely story! Thanks.
Best wishes,