Dolly can't deficate.

Old January 4th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default Dolly can't deficate.

Our cat was taken to the vet and had 2 enemas yesterday, didn't do
much good. She will only eat dry food. She is also vomiting. Is there
a pill or medicin I can give her. She is only 7. It's breaking my
heart.

Old January 5th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

helmsman
Our cat was taken to the vet and had 2 enemas yesterday, didn't do
much good. She will only eat dry food. She is also vomiting. Is there
a pill or medicin I can give her. She is only 7. It's breaking my
heart.

"Sylvia M"
I seem to rememfurr that canned pumpkin helps...anyone else know this?
Sylvia

Poor Dolly
She's throwing up and not pooping? I'd take her to another vet immediately.
Your vet didn't reccommend anything? That's wierd.
Is she drinking water? Is she urninating okay?
When Mosey was 'plugged up', he wouldn't touch the canned pumpkin. I tasted
it myself and it's pretty nasty stuff, and I ended up throwing it out.
Mosey harks up dry food but eats canned/tinned okay, beef and chicken.
..
Get some Laxatone from the vet..your kittie 'might' being having trouble
with hairballs and it worked for Mosey, who is 6 years old.
It prevents hairballs and works like a laxative.
Also, sometimes milk will make a kitty go poop.
I'd have her checked out again.
Good luck
Kyla

Old January 5th 09, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey Weinberger

I agree. She might have a blockage in her intestines. I would recommend
x-ray and then ultrasound.

Been there twice with Julian.

Stacey

helmsman

.

Old January 5th 09, 04:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

"Mosey =^..^=" did some editing and added his Meowmie Kyla's name instead.

helmsman
Our cat was taken to the vet and had 2 enemas yesterday, didn't do
much good. She will only eat dry food. She is also vomiting. Is there
a pill or medicin I can give her. She is only 7. It's breaking my
heart.

"Sylvia M"
I seem to rememfurr that canned pumpkin helps...anyone else know this?

Kyla:

Poor Dolly
She's throwing up and not pooping? I'd take her to another vet
immediately.
Your vet didn't reccommend anything? That's wierd.
Is she drinking water? Is she urinating okay?
When Mosey was 'plugged up', he wouldn't touch the canned pumpkin. I
tasted it myself and it's pretty nasty stuff, and I ended up throwing it
out.
Mosey harks up dry food but eats canned/tinned okay, beef and chicken.
.Get some Laxatone from the vet..your kittie 'might' being having trouble
with hairballs and it worked for Mosey, who is 6 years old.
It prevents hairballs and works like a laxative.
Also, sometimes milk will make a kitty go poop.
I'd have her checked out again.
Good luck

"Stacey Weinberger"
I agree. She might have a blockage in her intestines. I would recommend
x-ray and then ultrasound.

Been there twice with Julian.

Kyla: I totally agree...we've all 'been there. not done that',
But do get these tests done please. if the 2 enema's didn't work, then
that's probably what it is and hopefully it's just a big hairball that she's
trying to barf up (the vomiting) and she's constiped too. That's why I
recommended the Laxatone
When she harfs, does she bring anything up? Poor Dolly. If she wont eat
tinned food, what kinds have you tried?? Try baby food (chicken, beef, lamb,
turkey) fed to her on your finger might help....
I'd advise having her teeth checked out as well. it may be nothing if she
only eats dry food, but ya never know.

Old January 5th 09, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rusty

wrote in message

Our cat was taken to the vet and had 2 enemas yesterday, didn't do
much good. She will only eat dry food. She is also vomiting. Is there
a pill or medicin I can give her. She is only 7. It's breaking my
heart.- Hide quoted text -

Canned pumpkin is used for hairball and constipation. But I don't
think pumpkin
will help in this case. Rusty loves pumpkin but I heard many cats
won't eat it.

Winnie
Old January 5th 09, 10:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

"Our cat was taken to the vet and had 2 enemas yesterday, didn't do much
good."

So, why didn't the vet go further to see what the problem is, why a
blockage? If this happened to me, I would be looking for someone else.

Old January 6th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:29:58 -0800, "Stacey Weinberger"
wrote:

I agree. She might have a blockage in her intestines. I would recommend
x-ray and then ultrasound.

Been there twice with Julian.

Stacey

"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message

helmsman
[...]

Dolly got to the vet again for an Xray and another enema, we got a
laxative for her also. Xray shows it's right at her butt. If she can't
go they will anestisize her and do it with there fingers.
Old January 7th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Do you think we'll hear anything back about the results?
Mosey
"Granby"
"Our cat was taken to the vet and had 2 enemas yesterday, didn't do much
good."

So, why didn't the vet go further to see what the problem is, why a
blockage? If this happened to me, I would be looking for someone else.

"Rusty"
On Jan 4, 6:39 pm, "Sylvia M" :
I seem to rememfurr that canned pumpkin helps...anyone else know this?
Sylvia

helms

Old January 8th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Update:Dolly can't deficate.

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:29:58 -0800, "Stacey Weinberger"
:

[...]

Thanks for keeping us posted. Purrs that she'll be okay
Did you get the Laxatone or something else?
Poor Dolly.....
Kyla