Bummer! I missed him!

Old November 4th 03, 12:58 AM
Yoj

Default Bummer! I missed him!

Today I drove to LAX to meet Dave Gerecke. Dave Yehudah had called the
day before and said he might come too, but not if it rained, since he
would be riding his motorcycle. It didn't rain, so he didn't come. At
least I hope he didn't. I didn't see him, anyway.

I waited two hours, and saw two or three men who could have matched the
picture Dave sent me. One of them glanced at my sign (with my friend's
name on it) and moved on. The others didn't even look sideways, just
went marching out the door without looking for signs. I left when it
got late enough that he would have had to go over to the other terminal.
Actually, I walked over to the other terminal and looked around there
before leaving.

It rained part of the time both ways, too. I'm not feeling very
gruntled right now. ;-)

I hope he got to St. Louis all right.

Joy

Old November 4th 03, 04:50 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 00:58:46 GMT, "Yoj" wrote:

[...]

sorry to hear that you all missed each other
--
Steve Touchstone,
remove Junk for email
Old November 4th 03, 05:16 AM
Marina

"Yoj" wrote

It rained part of the time both ways, too. I'm not feeling very
gruntled right now. ;-)

I hope he got to St. Louis all right.

What a shame, Joy, after all that trouble. Soothing purrs on the way.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old November 4th 03, 07:58 AM
Yoj

"Marina" wrote in message

"Yoj" wrote

It rained part of the time both ways, too. I'm not feeling very
gruntled right now. ;-)

I hope he got to St. Louis all right.

What a shame, Joy, after all that trouble. Soothing purrs on the way.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Thanks to everybody for your sympathy. I'm feeling a little more
gruntled this evening. ;-)

One good thing came out of it, anyway. I had two nice phone chats with
Dave Yehudah. He called yesterday to say he'd be there if it didn't
rain, and then again this afternoon to find out how it went.

Joy

Old November 4th 03, 07:21 PM
Takayuki

"Yoj" wrote:
Thanks to everybody for your sympathy. I'm feeling a little more
gruntled this evening. ;-)

One good thing came out of it, anyway. I had two nice phone chats with
Dave Yehudah. He called yesterday to say he'd be there if it didn't
rain, and then again this afternoon to find out how it went.

It was very nice of you to go all that way to see him. Maybe he got
bumped to another flight or something?

Old November 5th 03, 12:37 AM
Yoj

"Takayuki" wrote in message
"Yoj" wrote:
Thanks to everybody for your sympathy. I'm feeling a little more
gruntled this evening. ;-)

One good thing came out of it, anyway. I had two nice phone chats

with
Dave Yehudah. He called yesterday to say he'd be there if it didn't
rain, and then again this afternoon to find out how it went.

It was very nice of you to go all that way to see him. Maybe he got
bumped to another flight or something?

Something like that. I had an e-mail from him this morning. Apparently
his flight came into a different terminal, and his continuing flight was
switched to another. He was supposed to fly to Chicago, but it was
storming there, so they sent him to Denver instead. If he has enough
time between flights on the way back, we'll try again then.

Joy

Old November 5th 03, 04:50 AM
Hopitus2

I found out some pertinent stuff today, from an ER staffer who flew *into*
and *out of* LAX, then on to Vegas a few days later, then on to NJ from
Vegas a few days after that.....all kinds of arbitrary shutdowns, delays,
and transfers were going on when she was there; all because of the obnoxious
smoke from the San Bernardino area Santa Ana fires; i.e. visibility,
breathability, etc. She even said the smoke followed them to Vegas (of
course not as bad there)! I bet that's why you and Dave G. couldn't connect.

"Yoj" wrote in message
: "Takayuki" wrote in message
: ...
:

Old November 5th 03, 08:36 AM
Yoj

The smoke is pretty well gone now, but this may have been an aftermath.
At one point the smoke was actually worse in Las Vegas than it was in
the San Fernando Valley (fairly close to the Simi Valley fire). My son
flew home from Connecticut on Wednesday, with a stopover in Vegas. He
lives in the SFV.

Part of the problems originally were caused because the FAA control
center for Southern California was evacuated because of the fires. That
meant that the center in Seattle had to handle this area, along with
several others. They just didn't have the personnel to deal with all
the flights. Of course the smoke was a factor too.

The center reopened on Friday or Saturday, I think, but I'm sure a lot
of things had to be rearranged because of all the people who didn't get
to fly when they were originally supposed to. In addition, Dave's
flight to St. Louis was rerouted through Denver because there was a
storm in Chicago, where he was originally supposed to go next.

Joy

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
news
I found out some pertinent stuff today, from an ER staffer who flew

*into*
and *out of* LAX, then on to Vegas a few days later, then on to NJ

from
Vegas a few days after that.....all kinds of arbitrary shutdowns,

delays,
and transfers were going on when she was there; all because of the

obnoxious
smoke from the San Bernardino area Santa Ana fires; i.e. visibility,
breathability, etc. She even said the smoke followed them to Vegas (of
course not as bad there)! I bet that's why you and Dave G. couldn't

connect.

"Yoj" wrote in message
: "Takayuki" wrote in message
: ...