Air Travel With Cat

Old October 19th 04, 01:17 PM
Brigitte

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Hi Brigitte,

We moved from Indiana to Seattle with 2 cats and 1 rabbit. It was four
10-hour days of driving.

We were bad, we let the cats out of the kennels. I know it is safer to
keep them in and to strap the kennels with the seat belt in case of an
accident, but it was such a long drive.

The cats did not eat or drink while in motion, although they did catch
up at night in the hotel. I think one cat used the litter box once on
the road, but the other was so scared she just peed where she lay
(tucked up in a sweatshirt.)

It was tough, but we all made it. We had collars and name tags on every
one of them. We didn't have a cell phone so we put my parents' number on
it and told them not to hang up if someone said they had "their" cat!

Don't let the cats out of the car except at the hotel -- even if they
are on a leash. They can easily freak and run.

You might put up baby sun screens on the side windows where needed.

Plan ahead for hotel chains that take animals. I haven't checked for
awhile, but LaQuintas used to take them.

Good luck!

Rhonda

Brigitte wrote:

I'm interested in anyone who has experience with moving across country

with
pets. In March, I'll be moving from Nebraska to northern California

with a
pug, a chow chow and 2 cats.

Fortunately I have a minivan, but not quite sure the best way to move

all
these critters.

My thought is to use the large dog crate that I usually use for the chow
chow, for the cats. Put them in there with a small litter box, with

water
and food of course, and let the dogs roam freely in the van.

Anyone out there have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Brigitte

Hi Rhonda,
Thanks for the good ideas. I'll keep them in mind when we're ready to make
our trip.

Brigitte

Old October 24th 04, 01:34 AM
Mary

equalizer wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:15:22 GMT, "KellyH" wrote:

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I want to do what is less stressful on Isis.

Why travel with her if you don't have to? Just stay home, she doesn't
*need* to go to the cat show.

Remember who you're talking to -- Isis obviously told CP she wanted to be

in the cat show....

eq

Really! I mean, duhhhhh! Even I knew that!

Old October 24th 04, 01:44 AM
Mary

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Obviously you have no interest in the metaphysical or are scared. I have

wonder if you think pet psychics are also wack jobs?

LOL! I'm guessing "yes!"