Balinese - Urination problem

Old June 1st 04, 10:25 PM
Richard

Default Balinese - Urination problem

I adopted a Balinese/Siamese male neutered 2 weeks ago. He was with a
rescue league since January 2004 and kept around other cats. He is
well socialized and was given up by an owner.

When I brought him home, I kept him in a room with house guests (cat
lovers) for the first two days. Then he stayed in the same room by
himself with frequent visits for five more days. During this time, we
brought into two other bedrooms and he began to pee. We said Stop
then brought him back to his litter box. He has been using the litter
box in his own room throughout. He does not have any medical
conditions.

I live in a three story townhouse.

Two days ago, we found he peed in the bed in his room where he had
been staying where there is a litter box for him alone. Then today,
he peed on a couch in front of us. There was another cat in the room
at the time in which there was peace and quiet. Litter box was not on
that floor.

There are three other males and one female (all fixed) with no health
conditions. All are indoor cats.

While there has been some hissing, no other major incidents. The new
cat follows me throughout the house and is very affectionate. He eats
well and seems relaxed.

I am thinking that he needs to stay in his room for a couple of weeks
with his box and food. The only downside is his insistence in wanting
to get out and possible peeing in the room as well as his loud meowing
during the night. I stood the mattress up to dry out in his room.

After how long do I let him roam free again? How do I know he won't
pee again?

Anything else you can suggest? I know how to get rid of the smell.
Nature's Miracle. Other products that work well on fabric and
mattresses?

Richard