Urgent purrs needed for baby squirrel

Old January 10th 04, 11:31 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Urgent purrs needed for baby squirrel

A hawk discovered a squirrel nest in one of our trees today. The
squirrel mom started moving her young to another location, but one of
the babies fell from the nest and onto my car. I found it on the
windwhield. He's tiny, no fur at all and the eyes are still closed. We
put it in a towel on the roof, near where the mom hangs out. If mom
doesn't come to get him by nightfall, I'm not sure what we're going to
do. I'll do my best to save him, but we don't know the first thing about
baby squirrels. The page I found online says to contact a mammal
rehabilitator, but I doubt there's one here in Austin that will take a
squirrel. We have hundreds of thousands of these critters!
Purrs for the little one would be most appreciated.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 04, 12:16 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Healing purrs head toward the little one. also, you might do a ping for
Mary (mmmaryinla is her screen name on her server, I think) she's a licensed
squirrel rehabilitator in Los Angeles. She might be able to give you some
hints, and maybe knows who to contact in your area.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old January 11th 04, 01:12 AM
Sherry

I'll do my best to save him, but we don't know the first thing about
baby squirrels. The page I found online says to contact a mammal
rehabilitator, but I doubt there's one here in Austin that will take a
squirrel. We have hundreds of thousands of these critters!
Purrs for the little one would be most appreciated.

--
Victor Martinez

Purrs for the baby squirrel. They are so precious.
I agree about ping-ing MaryL. She'll know exactly what to do. I know it's the
weekend, and you probably won't be able to reach a Humane Society till Monday,
but if he's still hanging on by then, they will know how to reach a wildlife
rehab place. Good luck.

Sherry
Old January 11th 04, 01:42 AM
Brenda

[...]

squirrel purrs enroute.
Brenda

Old January 11th 04, 02:33 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:42:51 GMT, "Brenda"
wrote:

[...]

Purring for the baby squirrel's recovery. MLB
Old January 11th 04, 03:05 AM
fuga =^o^=

Mega purrs on the way

Old January 11th 04, 03:05 AM
Mary

The page I found online says to contact a mammal
rehabilitator, but I doubt there's one here in Austin that will take a
squirrel. We have hundreds of thousands of these critters!
Purrs for the little one would be most appreciated.

If the baby fell far and has any injuries or is cold, mom won't take him back.
Here is a list of rehabilitators http://www.mary.cc/squirrels Click "find a
rehabber" on the left.
Old January 11th 04, 04:56 AM
Marina

"Victor Martinez" wrote
A hawk discovered a squirrel nest in one of our trees today. The
squirrel mom started moving her young to another location, but one of
the babies fell from the nest and onto my car. I found it on the
windwhield. He's tiny, no fur at all and the eyes are still closed. We
put it in a towel on the roof, near where the mom hangs out.

Purrs that the Mummy comes for her baby or that you find someone to take
care of it.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 11th 04, 09:55 AM
Yowie

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
A hawk discovered a squirrel nest in one of our trees today. The
squirrel mom started moving her young to another location, but one of
the babies fell from the nest and onto my car. I found it on the
windwhield. He's tiny, no fur at all and the eyes are still closed. We
put it in a towel on the roof, near where the mom hangs out. If mom
doesn't come to get him by nightfall, I'm not sure what we're going to
do. I'll do my best to save him, but we don't know the first thing about
baby squirrels. The page I found online says to contact a mammal
rehabilitator, but I doubt there's one here in Austin that will take a
squirrel. We have hundreds of thousands of these critters!
Purrs for the little one would be most appreciated.

Squirrels are *sooo* cute. Purrs for the little one to survive.

Yowie

Purrs Needed Gizela Cat anecdotes 12 November 8th 03 03:51 PM
Job Purrs needed ann Cat anecdotes 17 November 3rd 03 07:03 PM
Dave G in USA - purrs needed. Yowie Cat anecdotes 19 November 2nd 03 11:33 PM
Emergency purrs urgently needed Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 33 November 1st 03 01:10 AM
Double Purrs Needed Kate Cat anecdotes 16 October 19th 03 05:18 PM