King of the cat platform

Old March 20th 04, 02:03 AM
Brenda

Default King of the cat platform

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Senyah slipped in the tub this morning, and banged herself up pretty
badly. We went to the hospital, but she's okay.

Our apartment complex hasn't yet switched from heat to air
conditioning, despite the fact that temps are in the 80's here. This
is what sparked Senyah's fall - MS is heat-sensitive.

So, we finally see the doctor, tell him about this problem, and he
pronptly prescribes - an air conditioner. Yay! All tenants were told a
couple of months ago, to remove all window units. Now we have,
literally, just what the doctor ordered.

This also results in a cat-sized platform, extending from our window.

How long did it take for the neighborhood cats to discover this?
Minutes. First Dulcie jumps up on it, and comes inside when I open the
door. Then Squeaky Girl jumps up there, wanting to be fed.

Finally, Buster wants out. The first thing he does is jump up on the
air conditioner too.

You'd think with all the hot air pouring out of it that it wouldn't be
such a popular spot...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

sending some purrs for Senyah.
Brenda

Old March 20th 04, 02:11 AM
Yoj

"Brenda" wrote in message

[...]

And some more from me. I'd send her a hug too, but she's probably sore
enough that she wouldn't appreciate it. ;-)

Joy

Old March 20th 04, 05:43 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 18:47:01 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

Sorry to hear about Senyah's fall, and purrs for the bumps and bruises
to heal soon, also that the AC will help

Of course, glad to hear the furry ones are enjoying it ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old March 20th 04, 06:16 AM

Mark Edwards wrote:

Senyah slipped in the tub this morning, and banged herself up
pretty badly. We went to the hospital, but she's okay.

Poor Senyah! I hope she feels better soon. I'm glad she wasn't
more seriously hurt. Bathtub falls can be pretty serious.

Our apartment complex hasn't yet switched from heat to air
conditioning, despite the fact that temps are in the 80's here. This
is what sparked Senyah's fall - MS is heat-sensitive.

I've never heard of an apartment complex that can only have heat
*or* AC, and that all apartments have the same thing at the same time.
What happens during seasonal transitions, such as early spring or late
fall, when the weather goes back and forth between warm and cold??

You'd think with all the hot air pouring out of it that it wouldn't be
such a popular spot...

Oh, I don't know - cats are heat-seaking missiles, after all. Even
in hot weather, mine all find the absolute hottest place in the
apartment, right in the only patch of sun, to hang out in.

Congrats on the A/C, though - I'm sure it'll help!

Joyce
Old March 20th 04, 01:51 PM
Yowie

wrote:

[...]

Didn't see this post before, so am adding our belated purrs and wags to
Senyah's recovery.

Yowie

Old March 20th 04, 03:27 PM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu

Old March 20th 04, 04:53 PM
polonca12000

Purrs and gentle hugs for Senyah,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

Senyah slipped in the tub this morning, and banged herself up pretty
badly. We went to the hospital, but she's okay.

Our apartment complex hasn't yet switched from heat to air
conditioning, despite the fact that temps are in the 80's here. This
is what sparked Senyah's fall - MS is heat-sensitive.

snip

Old March 20th 04, 07:19 PM
Tanada

Mark Edwards wrote:

How long did it take for the neighborhood cats to discover this?
Minutes. First Dulcie jumps up on it, and comes inside when I open the
door. Then Squeaky Girl jumps up there, wanting to be fed.

Finally, Buster wants out. The first thing he does is jump up on the
air conditioner too.

You'd think with all the hot air pouring out of it that it wouldn't be
such a popular spot...

Purrs and feel better wishes for Senyah from us here in North Carolina.

Regarding the air conditioner, considering how much cats love heat,
wouldn't it be a natural place for them to hang out? It sounds perfect
to me, a nice really warm spot where you can get the hoomin's attention
without difficulty.

Pam S. who's cats have been hanging out in the enclosure since it warmed up

Old March 20th 04, 07:23 PM
Tanada

John F. Eldredge wrote:

This sounds like the way my high school managed the heating/air
conditioning. The school board picked a calendar date for turning
the heat on in the fall, and a calendar date for turning the air
conditioning on in the spring. It didn't make a difference what the
actual weather was like. The fact that only part of the building had
air conditioning didn't help matters, either. I graduated in 1975,
and they have replaced the high school building since then, so
hopefully they now have A/C in the whole building and a more
reasonable heating/cooling policy as well.

The schools I work at have the same system as you describe, except the
air conditioners are based through all of the buildings. They have
target dates for both heating and air, but if the weather meets certain
criteria for a week, they'll turn it on early or later if need be.

Pam S. who suffers for that week of early heat.