Location for litter box and type

Old May 15th 05, 05:46 PM
Brad

Default Location for litter box and type

Trying to figure out the best spot to put the litter box. I live in an
apartment with a hallway going to the entrance/exit to the garage it
also widens out by the doorway and the washer and dryer sits there. I
read one post that said not to have it by a door that gets a lot of
use but this door gets very little use its the main door because it
goes to the garage but I live alone so its not like there is alot of
activity in and out and if he does get out he is in the garage and the
garage door is always shut.

My question is more about the washer and dryer than the door. Will
that be distraction to the kitten enough that he might shy away from
it being by the appliances? Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too. I have a spare bedroom which might seem ideal but it
may have to be moved occasionally when I have someone over. I have a
very large walk in closet off the master bedroom that you need to walk
through the bathroom to get to but that has a total of three doors to
go through to get to it and I think about one of them being
inadvertantly closed and blocking his entrance.

Thats about it for likely spots to put it anyone have any thoughts?
Mostly I am wondering about the washer and dryer scaring him because
that seems to be the ideal place to put it.

If anyone would care to chip in with experiences with these automatic
litter boxes I am also considering one of those.

Thanks in advance

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old May 15th 05, 05:54 PM
Christine Burel

"Brad" wrote in message

[...]

I have had no problems with my cats using the litterboxes in the laundry
room -- I have a cat bed on top of the dryer and it gets a lot of use
especially when the dryer is on and the top of it gets warm.
Christine

Old May 15th 05, 06:15 PM
blueberries79

"Brad" wrote in message

[...]

We just moved into our new place and have a decent sized utility room. The
litter box is on one end (under a countertop and inside a long, cut off box
since Gabe tracks litter out of the box and even off the kitty mat ) and the
washer/dryer is on the other. We also feed them in there and we haven't had
any problems yet (well, just one thing but I'm getting ready to post on
that). There is a door going outside and if the window is left open, Oreo
will lay on the washer so she can see out. I only do laundry once a week or
so, so I haven't noticed a problem with the appliances being on either. I'd
say try it and see how it works for your kitty. Oh, another plus is that it
is closer to the trash can, so not as far to walk with throw away kitty
clumps. Sounds like yours might be closer to your garbage as well.

Old May 15th 05, 06:18 PM
Karen

in article , Christine Burel at
wrote on 5/15/05 11:54AM:

"Brad" wrote in message

[...]

I thought the cats would be scared by the noise of the washer and dryer when
we moved here because they had never seen one, but they are totally
oblivious to it. I know many people that have their catboxes in the room
with it (ours is a closet so we don't have it there.)

Old May 17th 05, 12:31 PM
Phil P.

"Brad" wrote in message

Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too.

What do you bathe with (if you bathe)? A Wet One?

You're not only a babbling idiot, you're also a disgustingly filthy pig.
Its no wonder you live alone on skid row, you probably stink to high heaven.

Old May 17th 05, 03:53 PM
Mary

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Brad" wrote in message

Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too.

What do you bathe with (if you bathe)? A Wet One?

You're not only a babbling idiot, you're also a disgustingly filthy pig.
Its no wonder you live alone on skid row, you probably stink to high

heaven.

OMG, was he serious?

Old May 17th 05, 04:06 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Brad" wrote in message

Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too.

What do you bathe with (if you bathe)? A Wet One?

You're not only a babbling idiot, you're also a disgustingly filthy pig.
Its no wonder you live alone on skid row, you probably stink to high

heaven.

OMG, was he serious?

Absolutely. Dead serious. Although as soon as he realizes he's made a
total ass of himself -again- he'll probably try to convince us he was
joking... Didn't sound like he was joking to me.

Old May 17th 05, 04:31 PM
Phil P.

"Brad" wrote in message

Trying to figure out the best spot to put the litter box.

Again the washer and dryer gets very
little use I usually just lay my dirty clothes on the floor and spray
em down good with Febreeze and I'm good to go saves on water and
electritcity too.

Put the litterbox on your bed- I'm sure its a very quiet and low-traffic
area... only a corpse would sleep with you. However, the cats might not use
the box because your bed probably stinks to high heaven.

Old May 17th 05, 04:41 PM
-L.

Brad wrote:
Trying to figure out the best spot to put the litter box.

Laundry room should be fine. I wouldn't leave dirty clothing on the
floor though - some cats take that as an invitation to pee on them.
What about a cat door into the garage? If you train him to use it
while he is young, there shouldn't be a problem. When is the kitten
coming home? Did you get any answer about neutering him?

-L.