Conan Is Home :)

Old July 19th 05, 06:35 AM
rich

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

If you really cared about cats, you'd save your pennies for the ones
nobody else is interested in. You just want to be the center of
attention.

In light of that just what are YOU doing to help in this area? At least
through Monica's and others help one cat has a true home. Just what have
you done other that shoot your mouth off?
Old July 19th 05, 06:43 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:22:36 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

Can you even begin to believe this dim-witted, sanctimonious bitch?
I have to wonder what life is like when it is lived with one's head lodged
so far up one's ass.

I don't know. Is she intentionally laying it on thick? It seems like
every post is more ridiculous. She's either a grandiose nit-wit or a
very good act.

Charlie

Old July 19th 05, 06:52 AM
Mary

"Charlie Wilkes" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:22:36 -0400, "Mary" wrote:

Can you even begin to believe this dim-witted, sanctimonious bitch?
I have to wonder what life is like when it is lived with one's head

lodged
so far up one's ass.

I don't know. Is she intentionally laying it on thick? It seems like
every post is more ridiculous. She's either a grandiose nit-wit or a
very good act.

Charlie. Honestly, your natural inclination toward kindness
is highly underrated.

She is slow. Thick. Shallow. Simple-minded. Self-aggrandizing
and worst of all--completely humorless. Monica Towles has as
about as great a sense of humor as Dan Mahoney has a sense
of loyalty. Neither has any sense of proportion or perspective.

Monica's entire agenda was that you did not get the cat. All that
money, all those devastating hits to her reputation, just to
achieve that--when the fact is, you stepped forward because
nobody else would, and told us that if we could find a local
home to send him there.

Stupid people kill me. And they would really like to, too!
Heh.

Do I believe Conan/Dylan/Sunny is better off now than
he would have been with you, Meghan, or Greg?

Hell no. I have no reason to.

But he is better off than he was at the kill shelter.

And Monica Towle and Dan Mahoney have put out
considerable effort and expense just to look like asses.

All in all, it's a victory for the good guys.

Old July 19th 05, 07:22 AM
Mary

"wafflycat" waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk wrote in message

"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message

ALL CROSSPOSTED GROUPS REMOVED FROM THIS REPLY...

What is your favorite "it's too damn hot!" beverages? If you make it
yourself, what's your recipe?

My lifesaver for when I'm on the bike in hot weather and melting... as
discovered last summer in France is a bought cold drink - Lipton Ice Tea
(Nestea if Lipton not available) in peach flavour. It is amazing... it is
what got me to doing a century on a fully loaded touring bicycle in *heat*

Conversely, for the folks having their winter season what's your
favorite "it's too damn cold!" beverages? And again, recipe please!

Non-alcoholic - a nice cup of tea or coffee Alcoholic - mulled wine :-)
But even still, Dan should not have lied to Mary and Rhonda and
Tracy. He could have just told them he had other plans for the cat.

ExCUSE me?? Helen I had no idea ...

Old July 19th 05, 07:22 AM
Mary

"Mary" wrote in message

"pmendhall" wrote in message
"Jeanne Hedge" wrote in message

ALL CROSSPOSTED GROUPS REMOVED FROM THIS REPLY...
I'm boring - I like lemonade (of any type) when it's too hot, and hot
tea (jasmine is my favorite) when it's too cold

I like iced tea when it's hot and hot coco when it's cold. Actually I

like
iced tea any time.
Dear daughter likes lemonade when it's hot and hot coco when it's cold.
Dear hubby prefers iced tea or lemonade when it's hot and hot tea when

it's
cold.
And I have to say, all in all, I think Dan should be shot for lying to

the
nice people who
wanted to do a good thing for Conan. What a poisonous bunch of
freaks you people can be.

What? ??

Old July 19th 05, 07:23 AM
Melissa Houle

Kitkat wrote in message
. ..
All bull**** aside, *I* am so glad he is finally in a home. Here's to
Conan!

Pam,
who really can't call him Dylan...

If he has a true forever home, then I am very happy for him, too. I hope
they will give him lots of love and good care. =o)

Melsisa

Old July 19th 05, 07:24 AM
Kitkat

rich wrote:
Charlie Wilkes wrote:

If you really cared about cats, you'd save your pennies for the ones
nobody else is interested in. You just want to be the center of
attention.

In light of that just what are YOU doing to help in this area? At least
through Monica's and others help one cat has a true home. Just what have
you done other that shoot your mouth off?

Well, I believe he detailed his rescue of a cat who was splattered
across the pavement. Tweaker is her name. He nursed her back to health.

Pam,
who thinks that counts for a lot
Old July 19th 05, 07:28 AM
Mary

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:25:08 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
wrote:

ALL CROSSPOSTED GROUPS REMOVED FROM THIS REPLY...

What is your favorite "it's too damn hot!" beverages? If you make it
yourself, what's your recipe?

On these hot summer days, when I'm out working I trade off between A&W
Diet Root Beer, the no caffeine diet coke, lemonade, and water. Mostly
water, though, since I carry everything in an ice chest in 2 liter
bottles, drink a cup of water for each cup of whichever drink I'm
drinking that day.

Conversely, for the folks having their winter season what's your
favorite "it's too damn cold!" beverages? And again, recipe please!

Strong coffee, with lots of sugar added. However, I am still upset
with Dan for lying to the people he made promises to, then leaving
poor Conan/Dylan in a filthy cage for over two weeks while Monica
turned down three good homes for him. Disgraceful.

Thanks, Steve. It seems you've put some thought into this.

Old July 19th 05, 07:57 AM
-L.

cmtowle wrote:
As promised, a final update to let everyone who is interested know that
Conan (now "Dylan" which we thought a more gentle name) has indeed been
homed with wonderful cat-loving humans and a feline friend. He is a loving
and lovable kitty lapping up all of the attention and affection he is
getting.

snip

Thanks for posting an update. You are much more kind that I would have
been. I am glad he has a kitty friend to play with - that's
excellent. Thanks for your patience and hard work on this!

-L.

Old July 19th 05, 08:40 AM
Krista

Mary wrote:
[...]

(no snipping)
Helen, I can't really agree with your last paragraph. Just so you
know.

And I find that it's almost never too hot for coffee.

------
Krista