Last minute preparations for Meowy and Mosey's wedwink

Old September 25th 10, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_4_]

Default Last minute preparations for Meowy and Mosey's wedwink

[ The location: a remote south Pacific Island, a little over 100 miles
from Tahiti. The mid-afternoon sun shines brightly on the black sand
beach. The beach is perhaps 50 yards deep and stretches along most of the
west side of the island. As one looks inland from the beach one sees a
vista of palm trees, tropical vegetation, and a dark, towering volcano
that is rumored to have magical powers.

From just the right point on the beach, if a kitty looks very carefully a
faint trail can be seen passing through the trees with a small village of
carefully crafted huts a few hundred yards in.

Without without a huge black panther leaps from the top of a palm tree
onto the beach and lets loose with an ear-shattering scream.]

Where are all of the setup cats? The winking is less than an hour away
and none of the setup has been done!

[Sammy] It's ok, Big Mama. Wez been workin in a little clearing over dere
[he points to the northeast] where we can put stuffz togeffer wifout
getting sand in everyfing. We'z just about to move out da arch an da
podium and da cushions an da flowers. I'z just waiting fur Ranger - he
was goin to
da village to ask when high tide was gonna be, and far away from da surf
line we needz to set up. Him should be gettin back any time now.

In fact I fink I hear him coming now.

[ From deep in the jungle-like vegetation a rythmic swishing sound can be
heard, drawing nearer. A minute or so later a little grey object can be
seen flying towards the beach. As it gets closer we can see Ranger leap
from the top of a palm tree to the top of the next palm tree. As he lands
atop a tree it flexes, so Ranger rides the tree as it sways forward, then
back, then as it sways forward again he leaps for the next tree.

This goes well until he reaches the edge of the beach. As the last tree
reaches the end of it's sway Ranger realizes that he didn't sink his
claws deeply enough into the tree. He gets flung forward, off the tree,
and hits the beach. When he realized he was going to go flying he rolled
into a ball, so as he hits the beach he rolls all the way to Big Mama's
and Sammy's feet. He stretches out dazed for a minute then climbs to his
feet.]

Sammy: Whoa - dat was fun! The village cats say dat the high tide willz
be in about 35 minutes, so wez can set up just a few feet up from da high
tide line.

Sammy: Ok, den letz start movin stuff over.

[Sammy and Ranger head back for the clearing, Ranger wobbling rather
badly. A few minutes later we hear an engine starting, and a cat-sized
tractor towing a trailer loaded with wedding furnishings. The two boy
cats quickly start unloading, and in no time the beach is all set up with
cushions, flower stands, a decorative arch, and the officiant's podium. A
line of buffet tables is set up along the tree line. Delicious smells are
now wafting in from the clearing where the equipment had been marshalled.]

Sammy: I guess da caterers is getting set up, an I know da villagers iz
getting a bunch of native fudz ready too. Dis is gonna be great!

Old September 25th 10, 07:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sundance[_2_]

Hi, gize. Whare shud I set up? Mosey wantz me to sing at da wedwink an da
resepshun. I has a liddle stage, a keyboard, a mikrofone, an a kittyoke
masheen in kase uther kitteez wantz to joyn in.

Sundance

Old September 25th 10, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

MH says to missee, who iz gonna drife da red jeep thingy? doez we needa go
anna getz yourown fambly or is somecat elze gonna drife it, MH, hoping dey
iz not gowin but readi ta ride if dey iz
"Community Cats" wrote in message
[ The location: a remote south Pacific Island, a little over 100 miles
from Tahiti. The mid-afternoon sun shines brightly on the black sand
beach. The beach is perhaps 50 yards deep and stretches along most of the
west side of the island. As one looks inland from the beach one sees a
vista of palm trees, tropical vegetation, and a dark, towering volcano
that is rumored to have magical powers.

From just the right point on the beach, if a kitty looks very carefully a

Old September 25th 10, 01:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Samuel Redcat

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 23:21:44 -0700, Sundance wrote:

Hi, gize. Whare shud I set up? Mosey wantz me to sing at da wedwink an
da resepshun. I has a liddle stage, a keyboard, a mikrofone, an a
kittyoke masheen in kase uther kitteez wantz to joyn in.

Sundance

I haf just da spot. Ranger an I will hep you carry yourz stuff. Dere is
dis nice little spot right ofer here, about midway between da beach an da
reception area. It's nice an level, an it has a nice view of da wedding
arch an da dance floor, an Big Mama had a 'lectrical cord run over here.
How does dis look to you?

Sammy
Old September 25th 10, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Community Cats[_4_]

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 03:37:33 +0000, Community Cats wrote:

[In the wee hours of the morning the full moon is shining as the incoming
waves lap upon the beach. The eastern horizon starts to lighten, turning
the black sand beach from a shiny black to a fuzzy black. The sound of
the surf breaking on the beach is supplemented by the sound of kitties
snoring, as their are dozens of cats curled up sleeping on the
comfortable cushions in place for the wedwink.

As the sun finally appears, the cats start to wake up. The smell of
breakfast cokking helps rouse the sleeping kitties as Amelia prepares
bacon, chicken, and a bunch of other yummy kitty breakfast foods. The
younger kitties wake faster the more mature cats and are soon running and
leaping all over the beach. Some of the older kitties grumble and hiss at
the noisy kits, since some of the older cats overindulged in nip the
night before.

By mid-morning everyone is awake and up and about. Sammy and Ranger get
busy rearranging the cushions and raking the sand to make the scene look
pristine.

Jocko the diving cat, having arrived the day before, is looking longingly
at the waves. He thinks "Maybe tomorrow...". A noise in the distance
causes Jocko to look around. He finally identifies the source - atop the
volcanoe on the opposite end of the island a huge shiny sphere has
appeared. Other cats notice Jocko staring into the distance and join him
in watching as the sphere slowly descends the slope. As the sphere
reaches the bottom it disappears into trees. All of the assembled cats
discuss what the sphere could have been. A few minutes later the cats
hear the sound of something approaching through the trees and bushes.
Finally, Aed emerges from the trees leading a collection of Second World
cats.

Aed: "Sammy, Ranger, it's good to see you again! A bunch of us decided to
come, so we used a transportation we haven't used in ages. I hope we
didn't startle anyone."

Amelia: "Welcome, all of you. We haven't seen you in a while. Some time
I'd like to talk to you about your transportation system".

[Big Mama appears from the direction of the village]
Miss Amelia, I believe it is time to get ready. We have a hut set aside
for you to prepare in.

Old September 25th 10, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Booker tries to get Chappy to settle down and explainz to him wat he
needz to do wif da trayne, an dat he SHUD NOT STEP ON IT. Den Booker
sitz down to du sum last minute gruuming so all hiz furz ar in da rite
places. Snowflake sitz off to one side watchin da proceedings, hur fur
shiny blak and he one wite whisker betrayin hur prezence. She is
surrounded by free bootifuly rapped pakages, giftz to da bride an grum
frum ar houze.

On 9/24/2010 8:37 PM, Community Cats wrote:
[ The location: a remote south Pacific Island, a little over 100 miles
from Tahiti. The mid-afternoon sun shines brightly on the black sand
beach. The beach is perhaps 50 yards deep and stretches along most of the
west side of the island. As one looks inland from the beach one sees a
vista of palm trees, tropical vegetation, and a dark, towering volcano
that is rumored to have magical powers.

From just the right point on the beach, if a kitty looks very carefully a

Old September 25th 10, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

[...]

Befur Mosey leevz tew port bak hoam tew git uh few fings he forgotted, he
warmly welkomes hiz gestz n sez he will be bak sune sune, wiff Pooky Kat,
hoo iz gitting da fings he forgotted tewgeffer. Awf Mosey Goze BEE BAK
SUNE....he yells

Old September 25th 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On 25 Sep 2010 03:37:33 GMT, Community Cats's
nimble, little paws typed:

Sammy: I guess da caterers is getting set up, an I know da villagers iz
getting a bunch of native fudz ready too. Dis is gonna be great!

[A 'porter twinkles, and a petite Persian girl-cat
wearing a pale-yellow sundress, and a floppy linen
hat steps out. She turns, and realizes she is
alone in the porter.]

"Oh my toes" she meows. "I iz alone, and mine
Tiger iz not wif me!"

She takes a deep breath, and says to herself:
"Ummm, well, girl, you will haff to get used to
it, so smile and enjoy the company ov yur
friends..."

She smiles, and waves at Sammy: "Hihi, Sammy! DIs
iz a bootiful pwace, izzn't it? Where shud I put
mine soopcases?"

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/25/2010 12:39:33 PM
Old September 25th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

mh sees his sisfur in paw and goez up to hersef, Hello, iz sure iz glad
ursef kamed, itz beri brafe of ursef, we all iz still missin da tiger man
butted himz lofed deze sortsa thingz so i iz sure himz iz watchin furm da
brig anna i knowz himz iz glad ursef izunt juzt stayin atta yourown howze,
MH

Just den da porter twinklez OEJ Trudi anna barbi stepz owt, dey see mh anna
MME A anna all go to greet hersef, den dey say hello to missee... diz iz
gonna be bootiful, Trudi
"Mme. Anaïs Lachatte" wrote in message
[...]

"I love cats because I take pleasure in my home;
soul."
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/25/2010 12:39:33 PM