Can Someone Help Me With Sunscreen For Cats??.

Old February 1st 04, 08:42 AM
US

Default Can Someone Help Me With Sunscreen For Cats??.

Does anybody know of any good sunscreens or zincs that can be used on
animals (a cat)? As I have a 2 year old pure white cat and I have never let
him outside as I am worried that he will get cancer.

Could someone please help me on this matter, my e-mail address is;
.

Thank You for you help.

Old February 1st 04, 10:20 AM
MaryL

"US" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any good sunscreens or zincs that can be used on
animals (a cat)? As I have a 2 year old pure white cat and I have never

let
him outside as I am worried that he will get cancer.

Could someone please help me on this matter, my e-mail address is;
.

Thank You for you help.

Somebody get the trollometer. Maybe a 1?

MaryL

Old February 1st 04, 10:58 AM
andr0meda

I don't think we have a troll here. The email addy is real, and the problem
is realistic, too, so I wouldn't worry. Actually, I was thinking exactly the
same today. We had nearly 40 Deg C on the Gold Coast of Australia today (our
summer), and my Xena (not white but very pale still) was outside. I was
wondering, if there was a sunscreen that I could use on her (especially her
'bold spots') and that she wouldn't lick off. Hope someone can help,
Regards,
Andr0

Old February 1st 04, 01:19 PM
Phil P

"US" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any good sunscreens or zincs that can be used on
animals (a cat)? As I have a 2 year old pure white cat and I have never

let
him outside as I am worried that he will get cancer.

Could someone please help me on this matter, my e-mail address is;
.

Thank You for you help.

Somebody get the trollometer. Maybe a 1?

MaryL

Not this time, Mary... I'm afraid she's right. Squamous cell carcinomas --
malignant tumors that arise from the squamous epithelium of the skin of the
pinnae, are common in cats with white or light-colored fur and skin and have
a high exposure to sunlight. The only effective treatment is usually
aggressive surgical excision. SCC is a very invasive and particularly nasty
tumor.

Some people tattoo their cats' pinnae to prevent the development of SCC.
Tattooing seems to be preferable and more effective than constantly applying
sunscreens.

Phil

Old February 1st 04, 03:38 PM
MaryL

"US" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any good sunscreens or zincs that can be used on
animals (a cat)? As I have a 2 year old pure white cat and I have never

let
him outside as I am worried that he will get cancer.

Could someone please help me on this matter, my e-mail address is;
.

Thank You for you help.

Uh, oh, it looks like apologies are in order again (mine). Both Andr0 and
Phil have pointed out that this can be a very legitimate concern. I never
thought of such a thing, and I apologize.

MaryL

Old February 1st 04, 04:04 PM
Mary

"US" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any good sunscreens or zincs that can be used

on
animals (a cat)? As I have a 2 year old pure white cat and I have

never
let
him outside as I am worried that he will get cancer.

Could someone please help me on this matter, my e-mail address is;
.

Thank You for you help.

Somebody get the trollometer. Maybe a 1?

MaryL

Damn. I was buying this one. :-(