An apology

Old September 2nd 04, 05:37 PM
Bobcat

Default An apology

I realize that even the earlier subject line is upsetting for some
people, so here is a re-post of an apology for my earlier item here.
You may not want to even click on it, so if you wish, you can read it
here.
Sincerely; Bobcat
_________________________

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Bobcat, I also saw this in another newsgroup and wrote in this

newsgroup how
badly this upset me (to the point of having to go to the ladies room

vomit and then not being able to stop crying.
I know you mean well, but a lot of people in this newsgroup just

can't take
hearing or reading about cat abuse - not even in the subject line.

So, when
we want to post a story here about that subject we put "Abuse

Warning" in
the subject line and DON'T put any details about the abuse in the

subject
line. That way people who can bear reading about this an who may

want to
join in doing something about it can still read the post, but those

who
can't, or who are just temporarily feeling a bit fragile, can avoid

even
thinking about such a horrific act.
Again, thank you for trying to bring about positive change in the

world.
Hugs,
CatNipped

I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
the contributors and readers of the newsgroups I sent it to are
delightful, sensitive people whose joy in cats match my own,
and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.
Bobcat

Old September 2nd 04, 11:26 PM

Bobcat wrote:

I am so sorry. I thought of just what you've said right after I posted
it here, and regretted what I'd done. I apologize to everyone, because
the contributors and readers of the newsgroups I sent it to are
delightful, sensitive people whose joy in cats match my own,
and the last thing I'd want to do is hurt their feelings. It's just
that I've been so angry at the neanderthals who committed that
atrocity that I let my emotions swamp my good sense.

(Note that I've trimmed the Newsgroups line to RPCA only.)

I accept your apology, Bob, because I know that your posting the story
here was done in the spirit of sharing your own grief and outrage, and
not for the purpose of deliberately upsetting people.

I personally can't read those stories, because not only do they upset me
in the moment of reading them, but then they're *stuck in my brain* for
life! I'm still haunted by the sad things I've witnessed or heard about
cats throughout my life, dating all the way back to my childhood,
and I still cry about them occasionally. I do not want to add anything to
that collection.

Maybe we need yet another warning code? CW (cruelty warning)? AW (abuse
warning)? Posts that are going to contain graphic descriptions of
terrible things done to cats (or any other animal) could have that
warning in the header. And then the header need not say anything
graphic itself, as a way of warning off folks like myself - the AW or
CW can do that. What do you say?

Joyce

Old September 3rd 04, 12:49 PM
Bobcat

wrote in message
Bobcat wrote:

[...]

I really appreciate your and CatNipped's reactions to my apology. It
was sincere, and, I think, needed. I felt very badly that I'd injured
the feelings of cat lovers. Being one myself, I know those feelings
run very high, and as I said, was the reason I sent off the offending
posts in anger. And I think your and CatNipped's suggestions for
non-offensive warning headers are very valuable and should be heeded.
Best wishes;
Bobcat