Does your cat watch TV?

Old December 18th 03, 02:18 AM
Cheryl

Cheryl wrote in on 17 Dec 2003:

Where can you buy a vcr tape or DVD for cats?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&q=catnip+video&btnG=Google+Search

errr...
http://tinyurl.com/ytt8t

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller
Old December 20th 03, 07:46 PM
Maria Teresa Chupacabra

"Ablang" wrote in message
Does your cat watch TV with you? If so, what shows does it watch?

I've just read somewhere that cats' vision is so different from ours that
they see the scan lines and not the persistent image which we watch.

My cat will watch video DVDs with me when I play them on a laptop computer
with a color LCD screen, though.

Now, dogs are a different matter. My dog watches TV with me, but I guess I
should say he watches by himself. I usually go to a different room to watch
because it really ****es me off because I cannot get involved in a show when
he keeps channel-surfing with the remote. He's got a very short attention
span and he hates commercials.

Old December 20th 03, 11:22 PM
TRINI UP

i know that JAKKERS (m) doesn't usually care about tv , but ever since we
got the internet hes been going nuts trying to get "online"per se

trini up

Old January 2nd 04, 01:19 PM
Jellicoe

My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Old January 2nd 04, 01:28 PM
Vixen aus

My Rusty does the same thing. Cats are so entertaining. They are great
company as well.
Jellicoe sounds so sweet.

om...

Old January 3rd 04, 10:26 PM
Smokey Stover

"Vixen aus" wrote in message . au...
My Rusty does the same thing. Cats are so entertaining. They are great
company as well.
Jellicoe sounds so sweet.

"Jellicoe" wrote in message
om...
My cat Jellicoe shows no interest at all in the television, but she
loves the computer. She will chase the mouse pointer around the
screen. There is also a game I play which has lots of bouncing balls
moving around the screen. She loves this, and will push in front of
me, sit on the keyboard, and block the screen with her big head while
she tries to catch the balls. It's so cute!

Our cats will now and then enjoy TV if it shows small things moving
about, such as long shots of football or dancing.

However, the other day we rented the wonderful movie, "Winged
Migration" which is entirely shots of birds flying about. Both cats
sat rivited to the set for more than 45 minutes, but then sleep
overcame them both.