yay for Jasper!

Old June 9th 05, 04:52 AM
kitkatluna

Default yay for Jasper!

He is such a trooper. When I picked him up he looked so pathetic in his
carrier. He was clearly stoned from the anesthesia. The fur around his
eyes was all matted down because they use some ointment during surgery
to protect the eyes. And, he had bloody drool hanging from his mouth!
WHat a sight! But a sight for sore eyes nonetheless. Got him home and
figured he would want to sleep. NOPE. He took off re-exploring the
house, bumping into everything, but not caring one bit. He was starving
and went and stood right by where his food bowl would be. He ate, he
pooped, it was great! Seriously though, he seems to be doing really
well and I know he'll be so glad to be rid of those gross, rotten teeth.
I'm glad it is finally done. ALSO...the lump is reported to be a CYST.
Nothing major!! Currently he is curled up on the couch getting pet by
DH, purring and kneading his paws into the air. Love it!

On a side note, the charges for the dental were even less than I had
been quoted because since his teeth were so diseased, they came out
pretty easily! I'm sorry his teeth were so awful, but it was a nice
bonus to have the cost be less than I was even anticipating. That
*never* happens!!!

Thanks of course to this group. I have learned a lot about cats,
including about their dental health. I probably would have been unlikely
to do the dental without the information and coaxing from some of you. I
really do appreciate it because I know it was the right and the best
thing to do for him.

Next up for health care? ME!
Pam
Old June 9th 05, 04:55 AM
Mary

"kitkatluna" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Great to hear! Dust off that camera, woman!

Old June 9th 05, 05:39 AM
Karen

in article , kitkatluna at
wrote on 6/8/05 10:52 PM:

[...]

Jasper is an amazing cat. Really can you believe he wasn't always "your
baby"? It is like a match made in heaven. I'm so glad he is doing well.

Old June 9th 05, 05:48 AM
Rhonda

Way to go, Pam and Jasper!

Glad he's home, and feeling well enough to eat. What a relief.

Take care,

Rhonda

kitkatluna wrote:

He is such a trooper.

Old June 9th 05, 07:11 AM
kitkatluna

Karen wrote:
in article , kitkatluna at
wrote on 6/8/05 10:52 PM:

[...]

Hell, he hasnt even been with us for a year yet! He came to us in early
August of last year! He is amazing. Such a great fight streak in him. We
love him so!!!
Old June 9th 05, 05:42 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

kitkatluna wrote:

[...]

And then you'll be on the couch being petted by your DH and kneading
your paws in the air? ;-)

Nice happy ending. Good for you. I'll be Jasper's *much* happier.

Priscilla
Old June 9th 05, 07:25 PM
kitkatluna

Priscilla H. Ballou wrote:
kitkatluna wrote:

[...]

Haha! Yes, definitely...right after my one week of isolation from him
and the cats. :\ But yes!

Nice happy ending. Good for you. I'll be Jasper's *much* happier.

Priscilla

Yeah, he seems pretty happy to me and despite the fact that he had
surgery just over 24 hours ago, he already seems more energetic to me.
Maybe it's the drugs. LOL.

Pam

Old June 10th 05, 03:38 AM

Mary wrote:
[...]

Excellent!! :-))

Cathy

Great to hear! Dust off that camera, woman!