Hello, Me and My Cats Need Your Help?

Old June 25th 05, 07:00 PM
Karen V

Default Hello, Me and My Cats Need Your Help?

Have 3 cats - 2 which probably need to go to the vet. (One needs to be
fixed). Now, this wasn't a problem a year ago - where a $100+ vet visit
could fit in the budget. But I am on Disability. And the government has seen
fit to lower the ole income. Now - I am not out begging - I am trying to
supplement my income.

The Doctor's say I can't work - but: I am trying to auction off all things
of value (going for the Japanese sort of apartment look :}~) Ergo, at least
I'm not begging. And proceeds will go towards various non-profit groups that
look for a cure of my main condition.

Anyways - here's how it works:

My current auction:

And if you want to help support without a contribution, please click this
link:
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...tem=5591689535

The more people that click the above link, the more publicity the auction
gets on EBay. My last auction worked, but didn't get much money - oh well -
it's a learning experience. Bidding is also welcome. And - if you are from
Washington state (within the Seattle area) we can save on shipping with
local pickup (just email me from the auction page about this newsgroup -
etc.)

Feedback would be great also - you can email from the auction page. If you
could contact anyone else that might be interested, it would also be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time, I learn a lot from the posts in this group.

Old June 26th 05, 11:04 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:00:56 -0700, "Karen V"
wrote:

The Doctor's say I can't work - but: I am trying to auction off all things
of value (going for the Japanese sort of apartment look :}~) Ergo, at least
I'm not begging. And proceeds will go towards various non-profit groups that
look for a cure of my main condition.

You could also try listing things on craigslist.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/

They have one for Seattle. No fees. All local. Sometimes, you can sell
something the same day you list it, for the price you want. You can
always list stuff there and then put it on ebay if it doesn't sell
locally.

Also, since you are in the Seattle area, check out this vet.

Pamparo, Cris R DVM - Pet Care Ctr Veterinary Hosp

(206) 935-3600

Address:
2950 Sw Avalon Way
Seattle, WA 98126

Cross Street:Near intersection of SW Bradford St and SW Avalon Way

They do not require appointment. They are great to work with. I grew
up in West Seattle, so we always went there. We moved out of state and
returned to Seatac, and we still go there for most of our vet care.

Because they are in a lower income area, they do charge lower rates
and are listed on the low cost spay/neuter national website. It's
been awhile since I have needed that service, but their rates were
less than half of the places in Seatac and Des Moines.

You could probably save some money by going there, and I guarantee you
will get good treatment. And they won't try to pad the bill. When they
diagnosed Jenny with an enlarged heart, I asked about further tests,
and they said to wait a year and do another x-ray. Unless that showed
a noticeable change, or she started having trouble, then the expensive
tests would be useless. And they were right. Her heart was not
unhealthy, just larger than ideal for her body size. And a simple diet
was the solution. They didn't even sell me diet food. They told me to
put green beans in her kibble to keep her satisfied (low calories, no
fat). And we've been doing that for 7 years now. No problems.

My only wish is that they were closer. Otherwise, they are the best.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old June 27th 05, 06:03 AM
Karen V

Thanks for the reply - will keep it on file - but I live in East Hill Kent -
on my budget - can't drive kitties - but have vet across the way.

Anyways, wasn't looking to beg - but was hoping to earn the money - and
donate to charity at the same time. Thanks for your support.

Old June 27th 05, 10:03 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 22:03:04 -0700, "Karen V"
wrote:

Thanks for the reply - will keep it on file - but I live in East Hill Kent -
on my budget - can't drive kitties - but have vet across the way.

Give them a call and check their rates. If the savings is enough, we
could give you a ride over there.

As it is, my mom finally decided to get her dog spayed. Never had a
litter, but she was quietly hoping to, even though she knew how much I
disapproved. So, we may be taking her in the next two weeks. If we
coordinated for the same day, it wouldn't be a big deal to take you
along. We leave in Seatac, so Kent isn't far.

I'm also going to be doing a senior panel on my dog. Might be the same
trip. Might be a separate trip.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography