Duffy's wonderful toy

Old December 1st 04, 02:13 PM
MaryL

Default Duffy's wonderful toy

As many you know, Duffy is blind and wonderful. He loves to play with small
toys, but doesn't toss them around as much as Holly does because he can't
see where it is going. He does like to toss and bounce little toys that
make some noise; he can easily continue to poune on them. Well, yesterday
he spent several minute joyfully playing with this wonderful new toy -- a
leaf that I had apparently brought in on my shoes. It was dried-up and
brittle, and it made a "rattling" sound on the vinyl as Duffy knocked it
around. He had a delightful time with it (and I had a delightful time
watching him).

--
MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Holly and Duffy:
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old December 1st 04, 03:04 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 08:13:01 -0600, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER yodeled:

As many you know, Duffy is blind and wonderful. He loves to play with small
toys, but doesn't toss them around as much as Holly does because he can't
see where it is going. He does like to toss and bounce little toys that
make some noise; he can easily continue to poune on them. Well, yesterday
he spent several minute joyfully playing with this wonderful new toy -- a
leaf that I had apparently brought in on my shoes. It was dried-up and
brittle, and it made a "rattling" sound on the vinyl as Duffy knocked it
around. He had a delightful time with it (and I had a delightful time
watching him).

YAY Duffy! Whale on that leaf!

Theresa

Old December 1st 04, 04:10 PM
jmcquown

Karen wrote:
Does he like those crinkly sounding mylar balls? Need new piccies!

Persia *adores* those crinkly mylar balls. I had to buy the BIG ones
because she would bat the small ones under the sofa or the bookcase. I
think those big ones would be great for Duffy! Easy to follow the crinkly
leaf sound and chase

Hugs and purrs,

Jill

Old December 1st 04, 05:02 PM
Irulan

aw, I'm so glad to hear that Duffy is enjoying himself. What a resourceful
kitty he is. May he live long and prosper.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 1st 04, 09:52 PM
MaryL

"Karen" wrote in message
Does he like those crinkly sounding mylar balls? Need new piccies!

Oh, yes, he loves them. I think I'll follow Jill's advice and get some of
the larger ones, too.

MaryL

Old December 1st 04, 10:15 PM
polonca12000

I do so admire how animals manage to overcome their disabilities - they
truly are an inspiration to me. Thanks for the story.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old December 1st 04, 11:11 PM
Takayuki

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

It was dried-up and
brittle, and it made a "rattling" sound on the vinyl as Duffy knocked it
around. He had a delightful time with it (and I had a delightful time
watching him).

How good of you to bring in a toy! The other day, I accidentally let
in a moth while bringing in groceries. That sure caused some
excitement here.

Old December 2nd 04, 03:04 AM
Cheryl

On Wed 01 Dec 2004 09:13:01a, MaryL wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

As many you know, Duffy is blind and wonderful. He loves to
play with small toys, but doesn't toss them around as much as
Holly does because he can't see where it is going. He does like
to toss and bounce little toys that make some noise; he can
easily continue to poune on them. Well, yesterday he spent
several minute joyfully playing with this wonderful new toy -- a
leaf that I had apparently brought in on my shoes. It was
dried-up and brittle, and it made a "rattling" sound on the
vinyl as Duffy knocked it around. He had a delightful time with
it (and I had a delightful time watching him).

It's always the simple things! lol Glad he found a fun toy!

--
Cheryl
Old December 2nd 04, 09:50 PM
jmcquown

MaryL wrote:
"Karen" wrote in message
Does he like those crinkly sounding mylar balls? Need new piccies!

Oh, yes, he loves them. I think I'll follow Jill's advice and get
some of the larger ones, too.

MaryL

I'm still finding the small ones in the oddest places. I have to say I'm
terrified to move the sofa

Jill