we wuz invaded bai waddur monsturs!

Old December 2nd 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default we wuz invaded bai waddur monsturs!

watermonzterz needsa stay inna owt where dey belongz, trudi with MH noddin
vigorislees
"Rebecca" wrote in message
Wow, dat wuz furry brave, Lorelei! Yurown hoomin kud hav distapeered into
da waddermonsterz, nebber to be seed agin! We nebber had a flud heer, but
we did hav ranemonsterz in da In once.

Rebecca

Old December 2nd 11, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_11_]

yeUP, weh awl ugrei wiff dat une..pore Lorelei n Unka Gandalf.
PUUUUURRS dat efferfing wurks owt umkay. srsly.
Yer Pa n mai/owr Mommy r gud frendz.
*Nosepoinks* n luffs
Mosey fur hiz vury catsurned famli

"

Old December 2nd 11, 05:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_11_]

So, OEJ, wat r yu awl gunna du fur hot wadder? Mosey, catsurned, n daft
ubaowt fingz wike diz.

da soft wanted hot water heatz butted da kontwakture anna herown paw sayed
nonon beclawz offa water qwalitee, OEJ who wuld reallee likitsef

Old December 2nd 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Da pikture ov da paw printz around da litter box mote iz furry
distressin. But meowmie waz laffin, an red all dis to pawpaw. Weze glad
yu haf acksess to yur lidder box agin.

Booker

On 12/1/2011 12:19 AM, Gandalf wrote:
sew tudai ai wented tu da basemint tu use mai lidder bocks, anna da
flore waz cubbered inna waddur monsturs!

dey waz ebberiwarez!

der waz a deep, deep pool ub waddur monsturs rite ware mai lidder bocks
iz.

ai dozint noe how tu swimz!

did ai menshun dat ai needud tu use mai lidder bocks, anna nao dere izza
mote between myownself anna mai lidder bocks, anna da ribber uf waddur
monsturs iz takin mai lidder bocks awai?

whut izza liddle gurl kitteh suppozed tu do?

ai tried tu git tu mai lidder bocks, butted da waddur monsturs waz
almost up tu mai toez! anna it wuz beri beri kold, tu!

sew, ai wented bak up da stares, anna ai tole mai hoomin dat der waz a
bigbig problum.

he wentid tu da basemint, anna ai heerd a lot uf lowd wurds... anna bad
wurds tu.

he saved mai lidder bocks frum da waddur monsturs, anna putted it ware
der wernt enny wadder monsturs.

den ai heerd sum moar bad wurds....lotsa dem. it wented on fur a long,
long tiem.

lorili

Human note: My house has hot water heat. You know: old style cast iron
radiators. The furnace is 94 years old. It only works if the hot water
stays inside. Overnight, a LOT of water leaked out.

Poor Lorelei's litter box just happens to sit in the lowest spot in the
basement; there was a lot of water, everywhere....but deepest, right
where the litter box was. And, the water is COLD, sitting on the
basement floor, too.

I could see little wet cat paw prints, all around the margins of my new
indoor pool.

I moved her litter box to high ground, and started cleaning up the
water, with a wet/dry shop vacuum.

The only trouble is: there's no floor drain in my basement. So I filled
the vacuum with water, and I couldn't lift it up, to dump it in the
laundry tub.

Water weighs 8 lbs. to the gallon, and the vacuum holds 6 gallons: 48
pounds. I can lift about half that, on a good day. Once or twice...maybe
three times. A bag of kitty litter weighs 25 pounds, and I can get one
bag home from the store, at a time.

I need a pump, to pump the water up into the laundry tub.

I got the leak fixed....temporarily. So, the furnace works, for now. I
have heat.

Old December 3rd 11, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
at

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 02:19:10 -0600, Gandalf
wrote:

[...]

I finally got all of the water cleaned up with the shop vac, and I
emptied most of the water out, a quart at a time. It took forever.

The leak has not reoccurred, since I repaired it. I will have to check
it every day, twice a day, for the rest of the winter.

Old December 3rd 11, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i am very proud you worked out how to do it on your own, as a person with a
disability i know that not being able to do some things is very
frusterating, but, when i work out how to do things on my own with no help i
am extremely proud, almost too much so in fact, soft